daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
You are telling me that sarcastic comment has no air of complaint to it?
This is not an meant to sound like an insult, but you have displayed a big lack of understanding into how EMS systems are operated. We have attempted to answer your questions with advice based on our years of collective experience, but you argued back and never backed up your statements with evidence. I, and others, are happy to answer questions, but not when our answers are treated like you have treated them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
This is not an meant to sound like an insult, but you have displayed a big lack of understanding into how EMS systems are operated. We have attempted to answer your questions with advice based on our years of collective experience, but you argued back and never backed up your statements with evidence. I, and others, are happy to answer questions, but not when our answers are attacked by someone who has no experience.

Plus Uno!!!

Cory

Forum Captain
This is not an meant to sound like an insult, but you have displayed a big lack of understanding into how EMS systems are operated. We have attempted to answer your questions with advice based on our years of collective experience, but you argued back and never backed up your statements with evidence. I, and others, are happy to answer questions, but not when our answers are treated like you have treated them.

You and I have had one total communication breakdown a while ago in this argument. If I have left a question un-answered, tell me so.

Sasha

Forum Chief
No keycard with melting ice cream if I remember correctly.

"I FORGOT MY CARD! LET ME IN!" :p

No no no... to the growing line behind me as I pulled off to the side "I DONT HAVE A CARD... NO.. I DONT HAVE A CARD. GO AROUND. I DONT.HAVE.A.CARD" I repeat that peformance several times a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It was what, 3 months ago? Sue me ^_^

I also remember something about rain and a cake.B)

Sasha

Forum Chief
You and I have had one total communication breakdown a while ago in this argument. If I have left a question un-answered, tell me so.

He isn't talking about a communication breakdown. He is talking about you arguing with us when we give you answers.. answers that are based on experiences in the actual field, and not an opinion with no factual basis.

Cory

Forum Captain
He isn't talking about a communication breakdown. He is talking about you arguing with us when we give you answers.. answers that are based on experiences in the actual field, and not an opinion with no factual basis.

...uh-huh, partially. And he also claimed I have yet to give any evidence to whatever it is he is talking about. And I am willing to try ad give evidence, but I do not know what I have left un-answered.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Depends on where you go. We have Fire-based, Private, County, fire first response with private transport... It all depends on where you go around here.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
...uh-huh, partially. And he also claimed I have yet to give any evidence to whatever it is he is talking about. And I am willing to try ad give evidence, but I do not know what I have left un-answered.

No, I was the one claiming you didn't give evidence to what you were stating, which was that "private based is no more logical then fire based".

kecpercussion, he's in Michigan.

Cory

Forum Captain
No, I was the one claiming you didn't give evidence to what you were stating, which was that "private based is no more logical then fire based".

kecpercussion, he's in Michigan.

Oh, well as has been said, it is a matter of opinion mostly depending on the area. Hmm, I have a tendncy to get off-topic.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Opinion or not, if you say something you tend to have to back it up. That's how a debate works.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief

Evidence is all the rage in medicine and even EMS now in days. You should learn about it now, and you will be ahead. No longer is it ok to just say that fire EMS is better, or that backboarding all patients is a good practice, or that system status management improves response times. These things require research or at least expert consensus to be debated on.

Evidence is something like this: A 2002 study showed that fire based EMS had statistically faster response times, and better patient outcomes, than private third service agencies in a large multi city project.

The above is fictional and no such evidence exists.

Cory

Forum Captain
Opinion or not, if you say something you tend to have to back it up. That's how a debate works.

What more are you expecting me to say? I have said how FD is more practical in my area. You have said how private is more practical in your area.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What more are you expecting me to say? I have said how FD is more practical in my area. You have said how private is more practical in your area.

I never said private is more practical in my area.

But as you just said, you think FDEMS is "more practical" in your area. Why? What leads you to such a conclusion?

Cory

Forum Captain
I never said private is more practical in my area.

But as you just said, you think FDEMS is "more practical" in your area. Why? What leads you to such a conclusion?

Because at this current time, ther is no 911 resonse private companies. If there was, then I would say the poverty rate woul make for a bad situation with the way some private companies handle billing. Then someone jumped down my throat about how I was wrong, as you are about to do.

My argument still stands though. I was responding to someone who said private is more practical for all large cities. And I said I don't understand the reasoning, seeing as that can be true some places and not others.

reaper

Working Bum
Exactly, How do you know that FDEMS is the best thing for your city, when you know of no others? Just because it has not been changed there, does not mean it works the best!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Because at this current time, ther is no 911 resonse private companies.

You're missing the point. This isn't a factual type discussion, it's hypothetical.

It's like saying "You can't argue the coolness invisibility and flying, because neither can be done". You can't say one's better because you don't have the other.

Let's say your city could choost between both private AND fire based EMS. Why would you choose fire?