5 responsibilities of an EMT

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's the problem with kids now days, always wanting everything handed to them. In my day, we walked uphill to school, both ways mind you, and chocolate was a nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bahahaha

Sasha

Forum Chief
That's the problem with kids now days, always wanting everything handed to them. In my day, we walked uphill to school, both ways mind you, and chocolate was a nickel.

When was this? You're like 12.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Sure...

1. Keep the ambulance upright and between the lines when driving.
2. Avoid blipping the siren outside the manager's office as often as possible.
3. Be sure a full set of Fallopian tubes (metric and English units) is on hand.
4. Liberally apply axle grease to the scissor strand under then ambulance litter so it won't squeak.
5. Leave a mint on the pillow of the litter after each run.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly

2. Avoid blipping the siren outside the manager's office as often as possible.

Permission to buzz the tower?

permission_to_buzz_the_tower.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Bah! abckidsmom nailed it and I whiffed it!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
That's the problem with kids now days, always wanting everything handed to them. In my day, we walked to school uphill, barefoot, and in the snow after plowing the fields, both ways mind you, and chocolate was a nickel.

Fixed it for you.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
:deadhorse:

Anjel

Forum Angel

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
All these hw posts are making me realize why people don't give us the time of day as professionals.

Before people start the whole "this generation wants everything handed to them" save it, I bust my *** in school, don't blanket statement :)

In all fairness, there is a crowd that wants the answers handed to them in every profession. While no one asks for the answers quite as blatantly as the OP did, there are a few kids in my chem class right now who just sit back and wait for others to find the answer and then just copy it down. And they want to be doctors...

It's just extra-unfortunate that this occurs in EMS because critical thinking skills are very important to what we do (or should be doing). Plus the basic textbook is not what one would describe as "high-level" reading.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My paramedic textbook isn't something you could describe as "high-level" reading either.

JPINFV

Gadfly
My paramedic textbook isn't something you could describe as "high-level" reading either.

To be fair, I found my EMT course workbook to be very useful...

.... as a monitor stand.

OP
OP
S

Sikiller15

Forum Ride Along
My english!! Thats just insult just because im asian...well anyways EMT supposed to act professional not bunch of kids right...if you dont wanna help a fellow EMT then dont act a little selfish kid we all grown up already...

Last edited by a moderator:

systemet

Forum Asst. Chief
My english!! Thats just insult just because im asian...

The nice thing with the internet is no one knows what you look like, where you're from, who you are, or what your gender is, until you decide to tell them.

So I think it's unlikely anyone's singling you out because you're Asian-American, -Canadian - Australian, etc.

Now, if you're saying that you're actually from somewhere in Asia, and English isn't your first language, then I think people might be a little more understanding.

Because a lot of the posters on this forum speak English as their first language, it's often assumed that other posters do as well, until they tell us otherwise.

well anyways EMT supposed to act professional not bunch of kids right...

Well "supposed to", and "actually do" are, of course, very different things. I'm not convinced yet that either EMTs or paramedics are professionals, as a group. I've certainly met individuals I'd consider to be professionals, but it's hard to apply the label to the group as a whole.

Some might suggest that your average lawyer, physician, university professor, clergyman, or architect are probably capable of capitalising words at the start of sentences, using punctuation or avoiding common spelling mistakes. Perhaps if you want to be seen as a professional you could try imitating this?

if you dont wanna help a fellow EMT then dont act a little selfish kid we all grown up already...

Look, you're upset because someone told you that your English isn't up to the standard most people would expect of an EMT in an English-speaking country. If you're not working as an EMT in an English-speaking country, then I'm not sure it's really worth getting upset. I'm sure most of us aren't fluent in a second language.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
In all fairness, there is a crowd that wants the answers handed to them in every profession. While no one asks for the answers quite as blatantly as the OP did, there are a few kids in my chem class right now who just sit back and wait for others to find the answer and then just copy it down. And they want to be doctors...

It's just extra-unfortunate that this occurs in EMS because critical thinking skills are very important to what we do (or should be doing). Plus the basic textbook is not what one would describe as "high-level" reading.

My very intelligent partner is like this. He abhors reading textbooks because they are a waste of his time. If it isn't presented to him in bullet points he doesn't want to bother with it. He thinks they are all poorly written and I think he honestly feels offended that someone would present the information in prose. When he has questions he wants me to answer them rather than doing any of the work himself. What makes it really silly is that he is a huge reader, he just doesn't like expending any energy on something he thinks is a waste of his time (even if he is being unreasonable).

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
The best CPR instructor I know is like that...

..as were most of my classmates in nursing. Much of what we write for students is gas. ("An EMT's five primary responsibilities"..what is that all about?). Some people like adages, some analogies, some like acronyms, some like war stories, some need to get their hands on it, and other like Powerpoints (last group needing brain scans).
He cannot abide sitting there reading someone else's lesson plan or text, but hen gets it FAST when he skims then asks questions.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Well, it might be ok if he got it fast. Or got it at all. Well, he gets it, he just isn't convinced by any of it. It is a looooooooooooooooooooooong story, that ends with him being a very stressful partner.