Zombie Survival Plan

Anjel

Forum Angel

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
return of the living dead. Duh.

Did you google? If you didn't pm me your mailing address and I'll fed ex you a beer.

By the way in return of the living dead destroying the brain didn't work you had to chop them up into pieces or encase them in steel drums. My vote is for a nice sharp machete.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Did you google? If you didn't pm me your mailing address and I'll fed ex you a beer.

By the way in return of the living dead destroying the brain didn't work you had to chop them up into pieces or encase them in steel drums. My vote is for a nice sharp machete.

I actually knew that one. I dated a guy who only liked zombie movies. and my EMS-dar picked up on it lol

bigbaldguy

Anjel

Forum Angel

bigbaldguy

disgusting lol i hated watching those movies.

On the other hand folks are always complaining about how the ems field is saturated. Maybe a nice big zombie outbreak is what we need to thin the ranks a bit and open up some jobs.

nemedic

Forum Captain
Imagine the discussion on what weapons to carry while working........ Instead of debating your favorite CCW piece, it's the merits of Mk-19s vs the Ma-Duece

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Depends on how massive the out break was.. but if it was massive id want to baracade my self in a grocery store.. or a warehouse store like walmart or costo

bring guns with me.. and if possible rig some booby traps.. maybe some mines in the parking lot.. proximity mines would be great..

a few sticks of dynamite and a ton.. or a few tons of grenades.. exploves can take a whole bunch of zombies out at once.. and id bring a few machine guns..

and a few high capacity mags for my pistols

and preferably id want that costco or walmart to be next to a hospital so i can raid them for medical supplies..

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Uhhh during a zombie attack what gurney I have would be one of my last thoughts.

But I'd use a rope to tie the gurney to the ambulance and use it as a kind of wrecking ball.

"Dispatch, another 5 taken out by medic 584. The tally is now 52 and climbing...."

That is what the brush guard is for.

Oh oh oh! And an M-2 mounted on the roof of the amb is great since it is high enough up they cant reach you up there. :ph34r:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sasha says the whole point of the stretcher is to carry supplies into the ambulance that you commandeered.

Well in that case I would want the Stryker power gurney. It's easier to load and unload with one person.

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
I work with a bunch of zombies...LOL :rofl:

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Know what I have noticed? Most Z-Day survival plans involve defensive plans. So here is my new and improved plan. I say screw defense. Go on the offensive. Get out your .300WSM and your .30-06 and start hunting them buggers down. You are going to die in the long run anyhow, might as well take as many with you as you can. Rig up some huge ANFO bomb in your back yard, retreat there when things finally get too hot, wait for several thousand zombies to congregate and the roast the who area. I'm talking BIG bomb here. Like several thousand gallons of diesel and enough fertilizer to go with that. Maybe a couple hundred pounds of dynamite from abandoned construction sites. That can all be set off with a hommade black powder bomb made from galvinized pipe, power from walmart and even if you don't have an electric detonator, rig up a handgun to fire a blank round into an opening on the bomb.

Yep, thats what I'm going to do, so if you plan on long term survival, stay away. Then 5 years from when I check out, y'all still be hiding in the woods, envying old Lights who killed more zombies than the rest of you put together. And then a year after that, when you are finally run down by a mutant zombie Grizzly bear, you can remember that you could have thrown in with me and killed a crap load of them buggers.

lol!

Did I seriously just wast 5 minutes writing that?

That sounds like a great plan.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
That sounds like a great plan.

Dude! Want to come join me?

Or better yet, lets forget the whole zombie eradication via ANFO thing all together. I'll come live in Ft. Smith. That is so stinking far out there the zombies wont ever find it. And if they do, its too freaking cold for them to survive the winter. :p

Asimurk

Forum Captain
There's really no use for planning far far out. In the defensive sense the "best" idea is one where you can escape out to a location far, far away from population centers and rebuild society. You head out several days after the outbreak.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me about something that's terrified me for years. When I lived in Western Wisconsin my biggest fear of a zombie outbreak is all those millions of people living the the Twin Cities Metro area in Minnesota. Now I live in that metro area. -.-

Okay, so zombie types can be defined on two axis: Smart/stupid, fast/slow
Slow and stupid: Easier to get away from, strength in numbers.
Slow and smart: Easier to get away from, but can break through defenses easier.
Fast and stupid: Blindly attacks, harder to get away from.
Fast and smart: We might as well just give up now.

For arguments sake we will be dealing with the slow and stupid variety when the outbreak gets going. But dealing with the outbreak will strongly depend on incubation of the disease. A quick turnaround from infected to infectious will be harder to contain, and it will spread quickly. The slower turnaround means we have more time to make a non-threat of the recently infected, may not slow the spread, but should make containment easier.

I'm fat, and slow, my best bet is dealing with smaller groups. I have multiple machetes with me and a Ruger 10/22 with a scope (my only firearm). Close up I could probably be okay with the machetes, but I'd likely be sneaking around looking for sniping spots. I have two 25 round clips that snap together. 50 rounds of ammo and an easy kill if within 25 yards makes me fine for smaller engagements. During slower battles having time to reload one clip while the other is set to go makes me feel fairly comfortable.

I would stay close to home, this to me would be a necessity in the early days. Keep off the roads, and work with neighbors if I can. My household wouldn't be a great spot to hold off an attack, but it could do alright as a base. My goals, providing a lone survivor scenario, is sweeping out my neighborhood first and foremost. Everyone is dead, I will never see another human alive. Sweep the insides of houses in my local residential area. Set-up multiple safe houses within this area. Secure what I can for food.

Grocery stores are fine for the first day or two, after that, I'm not setting food in one for weeks/months/year without some kind of face mask. Why? Rotting meat, rotting dairy products, rotting, rotting, rotting. Bottled water getting brought back and stored at safe houses would be a very high priority. Soda (non-diet) is great for drinking for hydration and having calories.

Sporting goods stores would be high priority for ammunition, but I don't know about much else. Maybe camping supplies, but I have no skills dealing with that.

There is an idea, probably from the book Zombie Survival Guide, that really intrigues me for efficacy in dispatching large number of the undead. For me, I'd utilize my Prius, lay down the back seat, and have one or two snipers in the the back, with the hatch up. It would have to be rigged up to kill that annoying beeping that goes one when driving with the hatch up, BUT, one tank of gas is going to last all day long slow rolling around towns picking off zombies. With a hatch back vehicle you have the safety of being able to shut it and having some protection, and with the Prius, you have quietness.

On the other hand with slow rolling around town, a pick-up truck could be used. You've got less noise banging around with each shot, plenty of noise to attract a horde, and plenty of power to get around. An off-road vehicle would be good idea for a quick escape.

I dunno, random thoughts on the matter.