You just might be a volly EMT if...

EMTmetzger

Forum Probie
you might be an EMT if you know your own c-collar size (personaly im a regular)

hitechredneckemt

Forum Crew Member
I know all the departments in my area tones. I do have alot of lights on my truck. But i do still wear plain clothes.

adcantu

Forum Probie
Im not a volly, but the wardobe is pretty funny for me. I have about 4 tshirts that are non work shirts. I have 7 work tshirts, one for each day of the week. Then I have a button up shirt for church and 2 golf shirts.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
you have a seperate pile of EMS t-shirts, and Non-EMS t-shirts.

And at least some of the Non-EMS shirts were earned by working EMS standbys.

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
More ways to tell if you are a vollie EMT:

- Visiting a toy store you cannot withstand the temptation to buy that models of ambulance

- End your vacations a week before because they ask you if you can make an urgent transport of reanimation

- There are more suspended things to your belt that in the whole sanitary cell

- When on road with friends and relatives and feeling far the noise of the siren from you, surprise the presents guessing brand, model and department

- When after having collided with an armored vehicle of the army with the ambulance, after having made the photos with the soldiers, you spend the evening to caress the ambulance asking "sorry"

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Hi I'm Zak, and I'm a volunteer EMT

You can tell what squad is being dispatched by the pager tones before the dispatch (+1 if it is for a company other than your own).

i can identify my whole county... i know it's sad
collar size = regular
Lights = Full lightbar on a compact car, and a dual dash strobe
Belt = Nylon duty belt with more pouches and holders on it than there is space for, usually have pagers on epaulettes (sp?)
shirts = before the fire, i usually only wore my EMS related shirts only
Calls = squad has 306 for the year, i've been on 120 of them (as of last month)

blondie

Forum Ride Along
You choose your bras at Victorias Secret according to how comfortable they are to sleep in or put on as quickly as possible.

MedikErik

Forum Crew Member
Most two tone systems have each station or unit assigned its own set of tones so only that station gets alerted when a call goes out. However, the tones in most systems are heard by everyone over the central dispatch system; it just so happens that only the intended recipient(s) have the bells/klaxon/lights/etc. go off when their set of tones go off.

If your station has "silent watch" on all the time, that might be why you only ever hear "your" tones.

traumajunkie769

Forum Ride Along
Let's see.....know the tones for our squad...and the other six in the county.

POV s better equipped than volly squad.

More lights than the squad.

Better electronics than the squad.

Sad, but true.

paramediclori

Forum Probie
You choose your bras at Victorias Secret according to how comfortable they are to sleep in or put on as quickly as possible.

Amen to tha Blondie!!

When your riding with friends in a vehicle, at every inersection you state, "CLEAR RIGHT!":ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
The light bar on your Ford Ranger is so big, your pickup truck has been mistaken for a Cesna.

You have a personal sales associate at Gall's.

Whelen engineers call you when they have problems.

You don't have a condom in your wallet, but you do have gloves and a microshield.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
You think an old fire hydrant is a "pretty" lawn ornament.
One of my fellow firefighters is guilty of this. He just recently put an old fire hydrant in his little garden right in front of his house.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
I could help you with that. My full time job is at Victoria's Secret Catalogue.

Actually, no, I couldn't help you with that. I do desktop support, not sales. Just thought it was funny.