You just might be a volly EMT if...

NRNCEMT

Forum Crew Member
Been there , done that too Bossy Cow . Got a big old bruise from the box catching the steps while I was hustling into a house on a not breathing call .

There must not be any Jeff Foxworthy fans out there . I guess the redneck vollie jokes didn't go over well . SORRY .

I thought they were funny, I see redneck fire chasers ALL the time around here.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
When you go to a new car dealer and bring your blue light along just to make sure it fits right on the dash.

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
Found these on a webiste I like to visit sometimes...put the whole thing in "_" so no one can complain.
"You own at least three pens with the names of prescription medications on them
You think pizza, cookies, and coke make a balanced meal
You can only tell time with a 24-hour clock
You lay out your clothes from that day so if there is a call at night you can find them quickly.
You've ever used the acronym F.T.D. (Fixin' to Die) or L.T.B.B (Lucky To Be Breathing)
The microwave goes off and you're already out of the house thinking it was your pager... when you realize the popcorn is done.
You've ever thought a blood pressure cuff as an excellent Christmas gift
You've ever spent more money on a stethoscope than on a car payment
You have ever run out of the diner across from the station when the tones go off without paying.... Yelling back to them, "Ill be right back!!"
You know it's a full moon without having to look at the sky
You buy the station wagon/minivan/SUV just so that you have enough room in your car for all your gear.
Your bladder can expand to the same size as a Winnebago's water tank
You refer to motorcyclists as organ donors
Discussing dismemberment over a meal seems perfectly normal
Your idea of fine dining is sitting down to eat
You get an almost irresistible urge to stand and wolf down your food, even in the nicest restaurants
You have ever restrained someone...and it wasn't a sexual experience
Your immune system is well developed that it has been known to attack and kill squirrels in the backyard
You've woken up thinking your pager went off and as you look at it..., it does. "

MedicDoug

Forum Crew Member
Is it a function of my "experience" that I'm disappointed that none of these parameters involves "Emergency" or Johnny and Roy? C'mon, we don't have much tradition in EMS, and I know they traction splinted an ankle fracture in season 1, but a little respect, pleeese!
1) You have, or have had, the Squad 51 tones as your Windows start up sound
2) You can quote most of the great Emergency one-liners, or recreate the practical jokes
3) You have the squad 51 tones as your ringtone.
FWIW, I can recognize alert tones of neighboring fire companies, identify agencies by siren sounds, and my Yukon is extremely well equipped (but darn that CHP, they get a little testy about emergency lights in POVs)

certguy

Forum Captain
Hey emtwacker 710 ,

Here's some more of those acronems ;

CTD - circling the drain

lol - little old lady

lom - little old man

FDGB - fall down go BOOM !

These go together ; Pt's chief complaint - LOL FDGB , shortening and external rotation noted on the left leg etc.

POOTIE - elderly pt. that poo - poo's and tee - tee's all over the place .

nyraemt

Forum Ride Along
Hey emtwacker 710 ,

Here's some more of those acronems ;

CTD - circling the drain

lol - little old lady

lom - little old man

FDGB - fall down go BOOM !

These go together ; Pt's chief complaint - LOL FDGB , shortening and external rotation noted on the left leg etc.

POOTIE - elderly pt. that poo - poo's and tee - tee's all over the place .
hERE'S another: FORD - Found on road drunk

GAFIREMEDIC

Forum Ride Along
well im deffinately a volly emt, im guilty of all the above, and i know every tone, when they page it, every station, every first responder, its :sad:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Guilty as charged

Same here...but it's set to do that only if one of the fire stations call :blush:

how did youfind te squad 51 tones as your ringer? i got nextel and its so hard to find ringers like that...

I googled Station 51 tones and downloaded the attached file.

Attachments

• st51.mp3.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 353

emergmedik

Forum Probie
U Might Be A Volly In Ems........

* You Find Humor In Other People's Stupidity

*your Idea Of Fine Dining Is Anywhere You Can Sit Down And Eat Your Meal

* You Believe Chocolate Is A Food Group And Caffeine Should Be Available In Iv Form

* You Believe That The Gov't Should Require A Permit To Reproduce

* You Threaten To Strangle Anyone Who Even Starts To Say The "q" Word When Its Even Remotely Calm........

* You Take It As A Compliment When Someone Calls You A Dirty Name.

*you Pull Up To A Scene And The Local P.d. As Well As The Police From The Surrounding Two Counties Are All Standing In The Front Yard Of The Patient Laughing Hysterically.....

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Johnny and Roy Rock On!!

Is it a function of my "experience" that I'm disappointed that none of these parameters involves "Emergency" or Johnny and Roy? C'mon, we don't have much tradition in EMS, and I know they traction splinted an ankle fracture in season 1, but a little respect, pleeese!
Oh Baby! You got that right!! KMG365!!!! And yes I have the ringtone on my cell!^_^

Rob123

Forum Crew Member

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
If you want it as an mp3 file, you can download the song. It's called "Keep Hope Alive" and I think it was done be the band Crystal, but I could be wrong.
The band is "The Crystal Method" and the song is availble on iTunes.
I bought it so my whacker mix is almost complete... I've got Shine Your Light (from Ladder 49); C'mon, C'mon (from Rescue Me), The Show Goes On (from Backdraft), and I think I've got the ER theme at home somewhere... I've got them on a CD that I occasionally play for laughs at work. I still need the BayWatch theme, though... then it should be complete!

Last edited by a moderator:

certguy

Forum Captain
Try www.phonezoo.com for the station 51 tones . It's a free site and yes , I'm now guilty as charged too . All this talk about it led me to get it also . My phone went off while I was on break and you should've seen the looks I got . LOL .