You Do Not Need An Ambulance...

Second

Forum Lieutenant
- If you find the need to walk around your house and gather up belonings...
- I you would rather talk on your cell phone and not to EMS personel...
- If your tooth hurts...
- If you are placed in the waiting room by the ambulance crew...
- If you need your prescriptions refilled...
- If you were treated in the ER and never filled your prescriptions and wont to go back to the ER because your symptions havent changed...
- If you are in a accident and not visibly injured but just want to be "checked out" or are just "shaken up"
- If there is no serious damage to your vehicle, you definitly...

YOU DO NOT NEED AN AMBULANCE

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Or you go to the ER observe the crowd walk down the street call for an ambulance so you can go right on in!!

This really happened to me but she insisted to be taken so when we pulled I advised hospital that she was triagable, They had her take a seat in the waiting room HAHA

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
-If your physician prescribed you antibiotics earlier today and "They aren't working"

Sasha

Forum Chief
You have had this pain, cough, brown spot on your toe, or whatever for more than a week and nothing has changed to make it worse and you are just simply tired of it.

You ESPECIALLY dont need the ambulance for said problem at 3am.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
There's a thought!

-If your physician prescribed you antibiotics earlier today and "They aren't working"

OMG ! You hear so much of that working in an ER at the Triage desk..... Poor souls I wish that they knew better...........:sad:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
HAHAHA! That's my day, except it has a different title:

"You Do Not Need Emergency Walk-In Ad Lib Sick Call When...." ;)

Code 3

Forum Captain
If you can't sleep because your wife wouldn't let you take your sleeping medication.

True story. :glare:

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Literally had a call this past weekend "for a baby that wont stop crying". I replied that Daddy 911 was enroute.

Scout

Para-Noid
If you can't sleep because your wife wouldn't let you take your sleeping medication.

True story. :glare:

That could be one of the best resons, just thinking about some couple i know,

Cut finger that may or mey not be infected.
Pritty any dermitological condition i can think of, get a taxi or lift

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
*tones drop*

Dispatcher: "Ambulance 563, respond to 123 Main Street, Anytown... for a 29 year old female... depressed."

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
That could be one of the best resons, just thinking about some couple i know,

Cut finger that may or mey not be infected.
Pritty any dermitological condition i can think of, get a taxi or lift

Si! Any dermatological condition. Unless the skin is falling off, you can take the darn bus.

Epi-do

I see dead people
How about this one? Naturally, we were dispatched at something like 2 or 3 in the morning for it.

EMS - "Hi there! What's going on tonight?"
Pt. - "I feel funny."
EMS - "What were you doing when this started?"
Pt. - "Smokin' some weed."
EMS - "Okaaayyyy. Have you ever done this before?"
Pt. - "Oh yah, all the time."
EMS - "And the way you are feeling tonight is different from previous times how?"
Pt. - "It isn't any different. I just want to go to the hospital."
EMS - "And why do you want to go?"
Pt. - "Because I feel funny."

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
don't need to go BACK to the hospital; when you just left 30 minutes ago, and the antibiotics that you were perscribed for the pneumonia haven't made you feel better yet.
ESPECIALLY when you have not got the script filled yet.

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
Or you go to the ER observe the crowd walk down the street call for an ambulance so you can go right on in!!

This really happened to me but she insisted to be taken so when we pulled I advised hospital that she was triagable, They had her take a seat in the waiting room HAHA

I was told a similar story a few months back, a female presented at the Ed with minor injuries, was told to wait out in the waiting room. Not wanting to be outdone, she walked across the road, called 000 (aussie equiv of 911), got a bus out to take her across the road on the stretcher expecting to get in straight away. Ambos wheeled her in, she was assessed by triage, who sent her back to guess where? The waiting room.

I was also told a story of a string of elderly patients who did not want to call out a taxi (the ambos had a strike on where they were not completing billing information on the paperwork so no patients could be billed), so they would call the emergency number with a medical problem, get to the hospital, thank the lovely ambulance people, get out and walk across the road to the pharmacy across the road from this particular hospital, and then do their shopping!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We had one with a 23 yo female complaining of a hangover. She wanted something for it because she had to go to work. Doc on duty sent her out to the waiting room because he was 'busy treating sick people'. The treatment plan varied between seeing how long it took for her to give up and go home and starting a couple of large bore IVs for fluid replacement. She sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half watching cartoons and then left.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You do not need an ambulance if you're stung by a scorpion that is smaller than a dime and it's stinger is shorter than the width of a piece of paper.

MRE

Forum Captain
You do not need an ambulance if you're stung by a scorpion that is smaller than a dime and it's stinger is shorter than the width of a piece of paper.

Yeah, but it is the little ones you need to worry about. Of course they need to be able to break the skin when they sting.

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
... If you're away at college and get homesick for Mommy to take your temperature and put you into bed.