You Do Not Need An Ambulance...

OP
OP
Second

Second

Forum Lieutenant
OH my favorite!!!

Tones Drop
Dispatch: 17-Ambulance-1 Code Responce, Report to XXXXNorth XXXXEast Rd for 85F not breathing.

Upon arrival family crying, Son doing directed CPR from dispatcher. We take over Rookie does his first comi tube, we put her on the cot, attach the AED, start out the door, Son says "Please save her, we cant live without her, and oh by the way heres her medical records." Rookie Skims through it in route, pops up front, Hey Bob whats this?"

My Response, "A DNR!"

I knew it, family didnt know it?

Illini_emt

Forum Ride Along
I knew it, family didnt know it?

I really couldnt say, maybe she never consulted them on the matter, maybe the son really didnt care about the dnr, grief can do wierd things, All I know is for my rookies part, I never knew that these local run classes talk about the DNR, but just never showed anyone what the hell it looked like. I mean really, not examples. Sheesh. :wacko:^_^

eric2068

Forum Crew Member
Hold on there young Skywalker. Minimal damage on an MVA. Had a guy get hit from behind. Hit him so hard you could see where the dust had to resettle. I mean this car that hit him was moving at half the speed of smell. C/O neck pain. We rolled our eyes, immobilized, tx to ER. Found out later he had a hangmans FX. Talk about eye opener. No HX of neck problems, surgeon called to see how bad impact was. Said it's a rare thing, but it can happen.

mattulance

Forum Crew Member
Ya, not so much

Three car T/C crown vic plows a suburban , suburban taps a nissian p/u guess who requests the ambulance.......

6 yo male with "flu like sympyoms" and he vomited, requesting a ambulance. We are 2min from hospital parents insist on transport, and mother insists on holding kid on gurney (make my day) , dad beats us to hospital, yeah I would like to see more than just co-pays, how about a service charge, handling fee...

Six mile code 3 response into huntington park ,Los Angeles in rush hour traffic get on scene pt is standing on sidewalk with fire with a bag packed waiting for us asks what took us so long, fire gives us a report (foot pn) and bolts, we hold the wall for a hour and a half, 45 min in pt states he is tired lying on gurney.

*****"lets go save a life today***********