Yeah... I forgot that.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
My first year of teaching was a fun experience. While I have a degree in History, Social Studies, and English, and have far too many college credits, there is a lot I really don't know. It's always a funny moment when I realize I need to brush up on something in order to teach the next day's lesson.

What is something that you're not confident about, as far as EMS goes?

Peds scare the crap out of me. I don't ever want to be doing ped CPR/Choking/Seizing.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Every call I go on scares the crap out of me. It's been two months and I feel like I know less now than when I started.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
The quiet asymptomatic patients that has something definitely wrong, but you just can't put your finger on it.... other than that..just handle one by one...

R/r 911

soon2bemt

Forum Crew Member
anything with peds........on one of my clinical rides that's all I had one day-first one was a code-didn't get her back, second one was near drowning-fine when we got there, third was truck vs. kid on bike at 45 mph-lifeflighted out.

another thing is seizures-went on one again in my clinical days and when i heard male subject actively seizing i was scared-it was the first call i had ever been on that things had to be done very very very quickly-no fooling around anymore-not that i was before-but you get the idea-the medic was trying to start an iv in between seizing segments.....finally got it on the third try-by the time we got him to the hospital we had gotten a shiat load of drugs in him and he was fine.......

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
What is something that you're not confident about, as far as EMS goes?

everything and nothing MMiz

why do I say that?

because even after all these years i still get that rectal pucker like some here are describing, yet i know that i have my mates to fall back on, as a whole we are more than any one individual ems'er

i'm confident within ems because of my mates, but not so confident that ems in general does not recognize that fact

lest they'd be testing us in the pack we run in eh?

~S~

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
There's only one section of class that I request someone else teach. OB/GYN Emergencies and Childbirth.

BLECH is all I can say!

gradygirl

TROUBLE
A call where my medic's bulletproof vest would save his life. Oh, and being requested by my college's president to help him if he ever had an MI (as he told me he would.)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
OB/GYN... definatly

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I dunno why ob/gyn would freak anybody out. I have no idea why, but that's the section that I consistently scored very high on. Ironic because I will not be breeding in this lifetime and have no children that I'm aware of. ;-)

I think that I'm most afraid of forgetting the simple things.