Wtf!

Meaganbutterflyemt

Forum Probie
Sorry that I chose that as my title. So Im at the firehouse and like an hour or so a go I decided that I was going to study. There were like 5 people around me and everyone of those 5 decided that they were going to throw salt and pepper at me that landed in my eye and it burn like a you know what!!!!!! Now I really would like to know how old these people. I understand that having fun is cool and acting funny and whatever but when someone is trying to study its not cool to have pepper thrown in your eye. :sad: Im sorry that if I sound like im 5 but come on this is somewhat a proffessional lifestyle!

Hastings

Noobie
Sorry that I chose that as my title. So Im at the firehouse and like an hour or so a go I decided that I was going to study. There were like 5 people around me and everyone of those 5 decided that they were going to throw salt and pepper at me that landed in my eye and it burn like a you know what!!!!!! Now I really would like to know how old these people. I understand that having fun is cool and acting funny and whatever but when someone is trying to study its not cool to have pepper thrown in your eye. :sad: Im sorry that if I sound like im 5 but come on this is somewhat a proffessional lifestyle!

It's my experience that firefighters are immature and act like fraternity boys.

It's something you may need to get used to.

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
I'm one that can goof off at times, but I know the limits....I wouldn't bother anyone trying to study, talking to a loved one they haven't seen in a few days, etc...

Sounds like they need to grow up a little (Unless you just pulled something on them somehow and they were retaliating)

OP
OP
Meaganbutterflyemt

Meaganbutterflyemt

Forum Probie
Well Since Ive been a part of this firehouse I have not done anything or said anything to anyone to deserve what they did.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
It appears to me they are trying to mess with you and have some comradely... time to suck it up and take a practical joke or you won't be there long or this will be the tame of the things to come...

R/r 911

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief

Just get em back real good. There's lots of things you can do for practical jokes. Get em back good! That's what I would do :D^_^

OP
OP
Meaganbutterflyemt

Meaganbutterflyemt

Forum Probie
Did I forget to mention that it just wasnt a dash of this and a dash of that. It was the whole thing of salt and pepper shaker. So basically it was like Mase being in your eye. I dont know what that feels like but it hurt like a mofo. Im over it now. Nothing I can do I just needed a time and place to vent. Thanks guys :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Mace feels like your eyes are on fire

well, at least CS does and that's the active element of MACE.
If you could play back a tape you would either see one guy, who is the "popular wildman" and uses this as cover to be a bahstid, either think it up or escalate it; or, you are held in low esteem and a few ijits are trying to run you out.
I was a firefighter of sorts for four years. We suffered and performed some witty, crass, and occasionally scarey stuff, but physically assaulting someone with pepper needs some attention. Don't retaliate unless you are in good standing with the fellows or you will be seen as a "poor sport" (or some more colorful term, I bet). Plus, don't count on the perp not turning you in if you retaliate. Cover your arse administratively, then let the grapevine know you don't play that.

Oh, and payback? How about stealing a set of salt and pepper shakers, put a layer of cling wrap inside between the seasoning and the shaker top, then planting it on the perp's table? Maybe with a loose lid to boot...

Ask me sometime about how I handled the lunch rustler.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

(Two words...Methylene blue....)

..........:rolleyes:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
whoever it was that said a firehouse is a frat, let me echo! effing around with each other is one way to deal with both boredom and stress. whether you see it as fortunate or unfortunate, that's fire house living. if its meant in good fun, then you either need to deal with it or fire back. in my experience, the people that respond in kind and show they are up to the challenge do better. that's just my experience however, others may have had different experiences.

let me also add that in my experience, work is the worst place to study. study at home, at a study group, library etc. maybe run through flash cards during the day at work, but i never actually try to do any serious studying. to many distractions.

mycrofft

Roger that about study, unless you have unique help there.

"...and the crycoid membrane is found by..", toned out to two hour call, "...palpating for the fourth intercostal space just to the left of the sternum..no, wait, that's for an EKG! Where's the bookmarker!".;)

Hastings

Noobie
whoever it was that said a firehouse is a frat, let me echo! effing around with each other is one way to deal with both boredom and stress. whether you see it as fortunate or unfortunate, that's fire house living. if its meant in good fun, then you either need to deal with it or fire back. in my experience, the people that respond in kind and show they are up to the challenge do better. that's just my experience however, others may have had different experiences.

let me also add that in my experience, work is the worst place to study. study at home, at a study group, library etc. maybe run through flash cards during the day at work, but i never actually try to do any serious studying. to many distractions.

I'm not about to bash it though. It's certainly not my scene, and I knew it. That's why I'm working at a private service with other, like-minded people.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not about to bash it though. It's certainly not my scene, and I knew it. That's why I'm working at a private service with other, like-minded people.

see ive always sort of dug the firehouse lifestyle, but then it certainly isnt for everybody.

since im not a woman, i really dont understand how hard it can be for a woman in a predominantly male world. but ive been the new guy more than once and ive seen the newbies parade in and out in my time as well so the gender issue aside, i know all about this side....

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
hmmmmm.....

i just saw this one on the EMS humor practical jokes forum and it sounds like this one might be appropriate here. the ICY/HOT on the toilet seats. sounds like a "fair is fair" situation here. lol

and btw folks.....you think CS is bad.....dont ever try to take a shot of OC. that stuff SUX A$$!!!!

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
sounds like payback time to me get em good lol.

OP
OP
Meaganbutterflyemt

Meaganbutterflyemt

Forum Probie
Like I said Its cool to have fun but when it goes to far where someone is actually hurt. Im a tough girl and sucked it up but still throwing pepper in someones eyes is not cool. As far as studying My family is not involved in the fd only me so if I have or need to ask questions there is no one to answer them. As far as studying with people in my class well working around work schedules is hard enough.

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
your right it sux when people go to far, mabey they did not realize how far they went. As for studing i feel you there I dont have a firestation, but I have 4 boys that I have to study around. They have crazy schedule and hubby has crazy schedule. Just take it one day at a time. do what you can and give it your all.. I dont think there is anything wrong with a little playback. I read that ladicain in gummy bears in funny yet harmless. or there is the old standby of kool-aid in the shower head. Good luck with your studing

Sasha

Forum Chief
see ive always sort of dug the firehouse lifestyle, but then it certainly isnt for everybody.

since im not a woman, i really dont understand how hard it can be for a woman in a predominantly male world. but ive been the new guy more than once and ive seen the newbies parade in and out in my time as well so the gender issue aside, i know all about this side....

People who whine that its hard to be a woman are doing just that, whining. And thats why women get zero respect anymore, because of the whiners.

It isnt hard to be a woman, you just have to be able to take some bad jokes and then deal it back. And not go running off crying every time someone messes with you.