Working in Qatar

ambulance

Forum Probie
Any new recruitment going on with HMC for CCP position? Is it a batch wise or individual recruitment??

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Any new recruitment going on with HMC for CCP position? Is it a batch wise or individual recruitment??

It is my understanding that five CCP positions have been un-frozen after the budget crunch/crisis from back in Januaryish. Two people I know got emails that they were restarting the process to bring people here 4Q16/1Q17, from way back in June and some followup through today. However, there hasn't seemed to be a lot of progress or info from those two as to processing/ verification/ credentialing/ Qatar license. We could definitely use people, but I have no idea where the budget and all are at.

ambulance

Forum Probie
That's a good news..How do we get in touch with HMC for CCP jobs...

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Possibly, although I'm not sure how they handle overseas vs local recruiting. I have no idea at all... I know a few people were locally hired, College of North Atlantic graduates and a qualified spouse or two but I don't know how that works.

Firemedic77

Forum Ride Along
I recently accepted a job in qatar with Vectrus. anyone familiar with them? I would really appreciate if I could ask someone who's over there some questions.

Firemedic77

Forum Ride Along
For fire, ems, both? I haven't heard of them but will ask around. The more info the better.
Fire/ems it's on the base there. the offer stated my salary was 20.14 based on a 48 hr work week but the guy I know that works there assured me yearly is around 110-115 a year with OT and holidays. does that sound about right for working over there?

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Fire/ems it's on the base there. the offer stated my salary was 20.14 based on a 48 hr work week but the guy I know that works there assured me yearly is around 110-115 a year with OT and holidays. does that sound about right for working over there?
That actually sounds pretty good for base fire/ems in the Middle East nowadays. The salaries took a hit some years ago and spun down a little.

I assume yearly travel, housing, the usual benefits and all.

My only time at the 'deid is an occasional trip to LifeFlight. I'll ask a few people I know there but they''re active duty and not contract.

If you make it over, by all means hit me up. QDC has a much better liquor selection and Sealine is a decent beach trip when you're off.

Firemedic77

Forum Ride Along
That actually sounds pretty good for base fire/ems in the Middle East nowadays. The salaries took a hit some years ago and spun down a little.

I assume yearly travel, housing, the usual benefits and all.

My only time at the 'deid is an occasional trip to LifeFlight. I'll ask a few people I know there but they''re active duty and not contract.

If you make it over, by all means hit me up. QDC has a much better liquor selection and Sealine is a decent beach trip when you're off.
Yeah all that is included in just really wanted to get someone who is there to advise me on it. thanks a lot for the info and I'll hit you up hopefully soon over there and buy you a drink

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I applied for the same job last month. I had never seen pop up before.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Vectrus is a very large, very legitimate company.

I cannot speak to the job itself, but the company is solid. They are a subsidiary of Exelis which also absorbed ITT a few years back.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I recently accepted a job in qatar with Vectrus. anyone familiar with them? I would really appreciate if I could ask someone who's over there some questions.
If you go forward with the job let us know how it is, I would like to know more about it. It sounds like the KBOSS contract GW has locked down in Kuwait. However, I heard the KBOSS guys make 40 an hour and the contract is larger. Regardless I would like to know more once you have boots on the ground

Firemedic77

Forum Ride Along
If you go forward with the job let us know how it is, I would like to know more about it. It sounds like the KBOSS contract GW has locked down in Kuwait. However, I heard the KBOSS guys make 40 an hour and the contract is larger. Regardless I would like to know more once you have boots on the ground
Will do sir. my paperwork did say KBOSS.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
KBOSSS is $35 an hour for US Paramedics.

I used to see the Qatar job pop up quite a bit on the ITT Excelis job board (now Vectrus). It was a medic in charge of a few FN EMTs. They also had spots for RNs. That was a while ago, and that was a direct contract with them and not a sub such as GW. The pay sounds about right, and of course the pay you were quoted is base pay. From my understanding it is base life support services under QBOSS; basically easy peasy base EMS.

KBOSSS and QBOSS are two different contracts that provide the US Govt with similar life support services. Vectrus is as legit as they come in the PMC world, as AK alluded.

Last edited:

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
After a brief search on their website I found this:

https://vectrusjobs.taleo.net/careersection/vectrus.external/jobdetail.ftl

It appears the same position I saw years ago as described in my previous post.

Keep in mind that you don't have a job until you are there working the job. Don't do anything in you current life or career until there's a plane ticket in your name.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Generally, single. KBOSSS for sure. QBOSS most likely.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I believe as an American expat in both countries you could likely sponsor a spouse visa. Of course, you would also need to pull a housing allowance on top of that step to make it work. Not impossible, but some extra time and effort.
Edit: At least that was an option when I spoke to GW about Kboss in 2014, so it maybe dated information

Last edited: