Working Burning Man

jaysonsd

Forum Crew Member
I was perusing indeed.com and found a posting for working Burning Man for Symon's Ambulance. Haven't talked them yet, but always on the look out for something interesting in the country to expand on. Anyone have any input?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
This will be their first year working burning man I believe. They're a new party

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Symons has been around for a while now. They have an event safety division, and IFT division, and a firefighting division. They cover a decent amount of events in CA, AZ, and NV. Their normal staff consists of 1-2 doctors, some RNs, medics, and EMTs.

About 6 years ago (give or take a couple of years) they covered the Coachella and Stagecoach concerts in SoCal. Not too sure what happened but AMR took over the concerts.

Pay for EMTs was $9/HR. Not sure what medic pay was. You have to be 21 or older to drive their ambulances.

OP
OP
J

jaysonsd

Forum Crew Member
Well, I'm going, excited at the chance to experience something like this. Anyone else heading up for some craziness?

EMT2015

Forum Captain
The director of my medical group will be there tagging alone with the EMS crews there to give them advice as to how they can do things better.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I worked for Symons. not a bad company. does alotttt of events. has 911 in bishop, CA and rest is ift's in riverside and orange counties. I left for doctors to get 911 experience though. they just got burning man this year haha looked so funnn

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
If you do not have Bryan Bledsoe on your FB friends list....then you should. If you do not know who he is, then you need to research.

He is VERY active with Burning Man.

OP
OP
J

jaysonsd

Forum Crew Member
I'll see if I can contact. Would like a breakdown of what patient type to expect. I expect a lot of things, but prejudice gets in the way. Thanks for the headsup!

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Do you know Dr. Bledsoe? He's a legend! Freakin' brainiac! One of the smartest people I've ever had the pleasure of talking to. He literally wrote the books.