Words of Encouragement

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I believe you are allowed to take the NREMTB a total of 6 times before you have to retake the entire class. After 3 fails you are given the oppurtinity to take a remedial course, and upon completion of that course you can retest up to 3 more times!

(which is kinda really scary)

Actually, you are allowed to miss the written 3 times or fail practical twice and have to take the written over and skills, after three times you have to complete an approved refresher test.

After a total of 6 times, the canidate is counseled as to possibly choose another career track and re-do their course work (EMT or Paramedic School).

Personally, if you fail that many times you have a problem. Either test anxiety and you need to learn to control it or let's be frank and say that this is not the right profession for you.

R/r 911

OP
OP
U

ultimatefailure

Forum Probie
not sure surub...do you know what time they post it up the next day? and congrats sir, i read your post on your thread

medic417

The Truth Provider
There's always other career paths. Maybe EMS just isn't for you.

No shame in finding out you are not cut out for EMS. As Sashisha said there are many other career paths. Hope you find the right one for you soon.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Lots of people take the test more than twice; if you want it, go for it!

OP
OP
U

ultimatefailure

Forum Probie
than you mr tincan... i do want it, i feel much better than i did after the first time i took it. i can do this!

to all out there, i wont say the answer choices or how my last question was worded but, what would you do with a presenting prolapsed cord? if you can tell me 3 things you'd do, from the first step to the third step. thank you

Sasha

Forum Chief
Lots of people take the test more than twice; if you want it, go for it!

And lots of people get into EMS who really shouldn't be. You've got to put it into perspective. The basic exam is NOT a hard test. If you have trouble passing it, perhaps you should sit back and think "Is EMS really right for me?" There is no shame in reevaluating your life choices because EMS is not a field for everyone, just like being a mechanic is not a field for everyone, or being an accountant, or being a lawyer, or being a fast food manager. Some people just aren't cut out for it.

If he's really studied as much as he's said and still failed it twice... maybe he's just not meant for the field. He certainly doesn't have the confidence for it. 'ultimatefailure'? Are you kidding me? Way to have zero self esteem! i'm shocked the CLs allow for a username like that.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
than you mr tincan... i do want it, i feel much better than i did after the first time i took it. i can do this!

to all out there, i wont say the answer choices or how my last question was worded but, what would you do with a presenting prolapsed cord? if you can tell me 3 things you'd do, from the first step to the third step. thank you

If you don't know what to do after reading and studying the chapters then I suggest seeking educational help.

I have seen some that have to take multiple attempts at the test due to several reasons such as test anxiety, reading comprehension and to be blunt lack of understanding of the material.

As Sasha described, some people are not meant to be within the profession no matter how bad or what they want. I would had liked to been an astronaut but I suck at math ....

How well did you do within your class? Did your class prepare you for the test and how well have you really studied and prepared? Confidence is a key factor, as I have never seen anyone pass the test stating or feeling prior that they knew they would fail. There appears to be a hidden point there.

Time to re-evaluate your life, good luck in your decisions.

R/r 911