Woohoo

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Cast comes off tomorrow!!!

:lol: :D :lol: *does the happy one-legged dance* :D :lol: :D

don't mind me....just REALLY excited! Had to share :D

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
WOW..you should take pictures of your shriveled up harry leg and post it for us :p

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
yeah!

Wonder if it will look anything like this:

cast-off-leg-side-on.jpg

ECC

Forum Captain
I am hoping that is not yours...yuck!

rescuecpt

Found it online.

The only bone I've broken is my left thumb and my L5 vertebra.

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Ewwwwwwww!

I don't think my leg is nearly as hairy as that guys thigh...at least I hope it isn't.

And I wouldn't think breaking a vertebrae would be the kind I'd pass off, like a finger or a toe!

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Wingnut@Jun 8 2005, 02:48 PM
Ewwwwwwww!

I don't think my leg is nearly as hairy as that guys thigh...at least I hope it isn't.

And I wouldn't think breaking a vertebrae would be the kind I'd pass off, like a finger or a toe!
Well, they can't cast it. Although I did find out today that I won my worker's comp appeal for surgery. :)

ECC

Forum Captain
Good for you!

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I should have gotten pics of my sisters ankle after she broke it. It was many colors of the rainbow.

I can't remember if I told anyone the story of my sister and her ankle. Let me know and I'll write about it.

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
LOL, my husband has been making chewbaka noises at me in anticipation. I was lucky I had a splint for that first 3 weeks, so I got to pull it off and check out all the cool colors, and the incision. Also got a lot of splinting practice. I'm finally confident about doing something in the rig! :lol:

And I don't think you told us phridae...

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Leg hairs grow very well in that warm dark environment. My little brother didnt even have hair on his legs when he got the cast on and when they took it off he had one "man leg". We teased him about it so much that he actually stole our mom's razor and shaved it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Well it's off, and it's nasty, and it hurts...back to the pain pills again :( And still on crutches... I'm too old and busy for this crap :angry:

Maybe some of you can help me with this, I have an air cast now, thing hurts like a bit(# when it's on, I followed the directions, (even my kids could figure it out) but maybe I have it on wrong...

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Wingnut@Jun 10 2005, 04:49 PM
Well it's off, and it's nasty, and it hurts...back to the pain pills again :( And still on crutches... I'm too old and busy for this crap :angry:

Maybe some of you can help me with this, I have an air cast now, thing hurts like a bit(# when it's on, I followed the directions, (even my kids could figure it out) but maybe I have it on wrong...
My aircast was always more uncomfortable than my regular one... I wore it for a couple dys then said screw it and went with an ace wrap. No permanent damage that I can tell...

OP
OP
Wingnut

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Great idea, I'll have to get one, thanks!

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I have never broken a bone in my body. *knocks on wood...lots of it* :ph34r:

You watch, tomorrow I'm going to fall down the stairs or something.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Phridae@Jun 11 2005, 11:47 PM
I have never broken a bone in my body. *knocks on wood...lots of it* :ph34r:

You watch, tomorrow I'm going to fall down the stairs or something.
I know that felling of just wait it will happen to me. I made my dad help me move his platform for sheetrocking the ceiling away from the bottom of the stair and door way to the hall way cuz I knew for sure If the pager would go off I'd come flyin down the steps and kill myself before ever leaving the house.

By the way hope all is going well with that aircast thing. I think I would vote for the ace wrap also. ;)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I had a nifty idea... for someone who can't swim!

Instead of inflatable arm doo hickies..

AIR SPLINTS!

Just inflate them on both legs, and both arms!

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Yea I guess that is a thought. If you were really in need of swimming. Chances are if you can't swim you probley really don't want to be in the water you can't tough bottom in at least with my experience of being around people who don't swim or not well.