Woken up at 0500 for a guy that couldn't poop

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
I went almost my entire shift without running one call. And then an hour before shift change, this happened.

My crew was dispatched emergency traffic to a residence early this morning for abdominal pain. Arrived on scene to find a middle aged man kneeled on the floor in pain. He was unemployed and living with his wife, kids, and grandparents in one house. He got up to take a **** and all was good.

After that we picked up call after call. I mean hey, I got extra hours. But for some reason all my calls just had to come when I was just about to get off work.

Anyone else experience similar?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I once got woken up at 0300 for a lady that couldn't reach her water on the nightstand. Cant remember what the call came out as.

Come to think of it I've transported 3 people in the past 2 weeks that were constipated. Welcome to EMS, where the patients lie and you NEVER get off on time especially when you have plans after shift.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Call at 0 dark 30 for a woman who was scared.

Of what, you ask? Nothing in particular. Just a bit nervous and unsettled.

Upset that PD, fire and medics showed up.

Went to the hospital for a check up.

Smh.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Had a guy call 911 for a bottle of water so he could take his medications.

Nova1300

Forum Lieutenant
"Assignment to follow, assignment to follow, priority 3 abdominal pain, priority 2 hemorrhage call, and priority 1 toothache with chest pain. All units be advised that mandatory overtime is now in effect until further notice. 3 assignments pending, 1853 hours"

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
One time we went to some guys house at 330am because he ran out of antibiotics.

Another time it took us about 35 minutes to get into the apartment of a caller for unknown medical aid, turns out she had a bad dream, called 911, then went back to bed.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Early morning blurred vision in one eye after a contact fell out...

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
During clinicals, a lady called for help opening her medicine bottle. Since I was a student, the preceptors let me handle the more technical stuff. Our client opened the door, handed the bottle to the first medic, who handed to the second medic, who handed it to me. I opened it, passed it back down the line. The client then told us that she had to get back to a phone call, so I'm afraid we never did get a complete set of vitals.

OP
OP
Tnaemt94

Tnaemt94

Forum Crew Member
"Assignment to follow, assignment to follow, priority 3 abdominal pain, priority 2 hemorrhage call, and priority 1 toothache with chest pain. All units be advised that mandatory overtime is now in effect until further notice. 3 assignments pending, 1853 hours"

Haha yea I can see that happening

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Got called for a 4 week old baby that hadn't pooped for 3 days...I think we ought to start a Code Brown thread...

Sam Irion

Forum Ride Along
I got called to a scene at 2:46 for a woman who smelled gas that smelled like dirty underwear, it was very odd listening to the dispatchers in the background laughing while getting our tone.