Why do some EMS people like to complicate things?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Let me say this: they aren't alone, and I have what I think is the right answer in mind.

But, my word, folks (especially newbies) like to microtome the lunchmeat. Sometimes it's fun but it nearly always re-directs threads.

Other than boredom or trying to upstage others, why do YOU think we do this? Not value-judging, what do you think the mental mechanism is?

(Examples: "medical Alamo" scenarios where it's all gone down the flusher and you're alone; physiology discussions regarding pts needing a hospital STAT; reading a biased scant news item and producing baroque fantasias).

B)

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree with linuss here. This might be one of those situations where you assume we are a lot smarter and can read a lot more of your mind that we actually are/can!

Rewrite and resubmit to my desk in the morning?

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Let me say this: they aren't alone, and I have what I think is the right answer in mind.

But, my word, folks (especially newbies) like to microtome the lunchmeat. Sometimes it's fun but it nearly always re-directs threads.

Other than boredom or trying to upstage others, why do YOU think we do this? Not value-judging, what do you think the mental mechanism is?

(Examples: "medical Alamo" scenarios where it's all gone down the flusher and you're alone; physiology discussions regarding pts needing a hospital STAT; reading a biased scant news item and producing baroque fantasias).

B)

Say what now?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I get it! He's playing off of his own thread title!

Get it? Over complicate things?!

Summit

Critical Crazy
It is asking why people look for zebras in horse pastures.

Sasha

Forum Chief

B)

Take your Aricept and try again, you don't make much sense!

rmellish

Forum Captain
I think I follow what you're asking, but I can't honestly say. I think it's more the nature of the forum.

By overcomplicating or oversimplifying the issue at hand, one can elevate their perceived status in the discussion.

Maya

Forum Lieutenant
This sounds like a pretty complicated question for someone who doesn't like to complicate things. I don't think there's necessarily a mental mechanism. Just people have different interests. One person says something, maybe something inflammatory, maybe not. Then the next person will take up one point in what they said, and the topic goes off-thread. Ant topic is multi-faceted and the discussion would be pretty bland if we all had the same point of view and only one answer to a given question.

I have what I think is the right answer in mind.

--What's that?

We're all newbies at some point. You were too. The advantage of newbies being able to discuss issues with those who are more experienced, is that newbies become more well-informed, and you get to pass on *your* well-informed opinion onto the next generation, making the EMS field much better all-around. People, for the most part, give pretty good advice on here and I think that I, personally, have gained from it.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

VentMedic

Forum Chief
; physiology discussions regarding pts needing a hospital STAT;

If you are referring to my clarification about the "STAT SAT" in another thread, you don't have to read my posts. However, if someone learns something from my posts to where they themselves will not make the same mistakes or assumptions and look stupid in front of other medical professionals, my typing is not a waste of time.

medic417

The Truth Provider
If you are referring to my clarification about the "STAT SAT" in another thread, you don't have to read my posts. However, if someone learns something from my posts to where they themselves will not make the same mistakes or assumptions and look stupid in front of other medical professionals, my typing is not a waste of time.

Thank you for your efforts, even when I do not fully agree with you I do appreciate the attempts at education.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Yikes, I shoulda put a smiley face on it!

No, Vent, and everyone, I just find it interesting that we can slice the baloney so thin (microtome the lunchmeat).

OK, here's a better one.....

I'm thinking about a number between one and ten.....

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Answer:

WRONG!!

BLUE!

;)

Thanks for playing.
;);););););););)

reaper

Working Bum
Have you been diagnosed with glaucoma? I was wondering if your weed is legal!:p;)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

There you go, lighten up a little bubbala!

As my EMT instructor Lance said, "Don't be radioing in to me about a 'possible spiral fracture of the fibula' and whatnot. If the leg's broke, say 'broke' ".B)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Reaper, about me using marijuana...

Do you really think that would be, ah, adviseable?!