Who has the highest paid Paramedics?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Agreed.

At Sussex, new Medics start around 43,000 and top out at around 67,000 for non supervisory/non FTO.
Not counting the plentiful overtime. Also a non contributory pension and decent benefits in a very low cost of living area.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Lee County, Fl (on my list of places I would really like to work) starts at $52,000, top out at $73,000 from what I've read.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
As previously mentioned, EMSA starts at about $37,000 and goes to about $47-50k/yr with our base schedule. Many people (myself included) are a little higher than our base wages would imply, but we work a lot of OT.

AMR-Alamogordo was $36-40k/year.

Culberson County was about $35k/year FT.

Sierra Vista Hospital in Truth or Consequences would have been about $25,000/year FT without OT...ewww.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
wow I am surprised to hear so many agencies paying close to or around 80-100k+ for single role field paramedics. Any other places worth mentioning? Name the agency if possible

Last edited by a moderator:

stemi

Forum Crew Member
Definetely San Francisco Fire, which does hire single role medics, or AMR in San Mateo County.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That's our range for single role paramedics in our FD. With overtime, they can easily get to 130k or higher.

San Antonio FD. You start off as a firefighter, but once you get into EMS they take your gear and you're a single-role medic.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Definetely San Francisco Fire, which does hire single role medics, or AMR in San Mateo County.

That's excellent to hear! I start my orientation this week with AMR San Mateo :cool:

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
That's excellent to hear! I start my orientation this week with AMR San Mateo :cool:

anyone know there actual pay range? Is it comparable to SFFD single role medics?

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Boston EMS

For the Boston area, BEMS makes the most.

Medics start at 29.87/hr and top out at 36.35/hr, this doesn't include longevity bonus, hazardous duty pay, shift differentials, etc. Plus 2 weeks vacation and 15 sick days a year to start, 3 weeks at 5 yrs, 4 at 10, 5 at 15 and 6 at 20, also 15 paid holidays a year and a decent amount of OT, very little forced.

And did I mention a PENSION for 32 years of service?

Needless to say, it is pretty hard to get in.

;) I checked boingo's previous post about BEMS, because I had to confirm the sick time and pay, mostly because I heard 27/hr-40/hr. Either way it isn't a bad gig to get into, if you only want to do EMS.

meick77

Forum Probie
Our starting pay is $67/yr with pension and 401k, and city bennies.

We get time and half for OT, double time for holidays, 1 sick day earned each month, 10 vacations day/yr, 8 training days/yr (can be used for Conferences or extended vacation), 3 personal days/yr, and all comp time earned in leu of the OT pay is paid out as straight time or paid time off ( for vacations etc).

I average close to $80-90k/yr if I balance the OT, scheduled holidays and comp correctly to fill the wallet and still take a good amount of comp and vacation days off. This year I was $103!shy of 80k.

Our EMS is a municipal agency working as a division of the Police Department. Basically Police Department Based EMS....we are not cops just PD based paramedics.

Then add the other 21k from my part time gig, not too bad of a salary.

Where do you work???

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Around here many pay around 60-70k, usually with free benefits and a pension. Not too bad considering the cost of living in the US.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

This is worth bragging over??? Who the heck makes 32 years in EMS...very few.

Pensions in our line should be 25 years maximum...ideal would be 20.

OP
OP
ExpatMedic0

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
This is worth bragging over??? Who the heck makes 32 years in EMS...very few.

Pensions in our line should be 25 years maximum...ideal would be 20.

Ya I thought the same, but then again many in EMS get no pension at all

Hockey

Quackers
$13 or so per hour here in Michigan. One other place starts some around $15-16.

FD you'll get more, but good luck getting hired with good job security.

Average medic pay here is $10-$13

Too Old To Work

Forum Lieutenant
13 holidays, not 15. 32 years AND age 55. Paramedic is a promotional position, so no one is hired as a paramedic.

For the Boston area, BEMS makes the most.

Medics start at 29.87/hr and top out at 36.35/hr, this doesn't include longevity bonus, hazardous duty pay, shift differentials, etc. Plus 2 weeks vacation and 15 sick days a year to start, 3 weeks at 5 yrs, 4 at 10, 5 at 15 and 6 at 20, also 15 paid holidays a year and a decent amount of OT, very little forced.

Needless to say, it is pretty hard to get in.

;) I checked boingo's previous post about BEMS, because I had to confirm the sick time and pay, mostly because I heard 27/hr-40/hr. Either way it isn't a bad gig to get into, if you only want to do EMS.