Which Ems pants??

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I was issued a pair of shorts here in Az. and have never worn them. I'm not kneeling down on hot gravel or pavement in shorts here in the desert. We also have no choice on what pants we can wear. They are issued in the uniform shop.

MicahW

Forum Crew Member
5.11 Tactical taclite ems pants. They have storage for plenty of gear and a bunch of really innovative features. I really like the setup. They are really comfortable all day long. They are blood borne pathogen resistant and therefore, blood staining is not an issue. Also, they have reinforced knees and plenty of room for gear (scissors, tape, pens, penlights, 4x4s, alcohol preps, I.V. tourniquets, etc.) on the thigh pockets. They don't get wet in the rain and are they keep you cool all day. They are also easy to wash. I have never had any other pants but many of the people where I work are ditching the standard issue pants to buy these pants because of how good they are. They also come in regular (not taclite) for the winter.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
5.11 Tactical taclite ems pants. They have storage for plenty of gear and a bunch of really innovative features. I really like the setup. They are really comfortable all day long. They are blood borne pathogen resistant and therefore, blood staining is not an issue. Also, they have reinforced knees and plenty of room for gear (scissors, tape, pens, penlights, 4x4s, alcohol preps, I.V. tourniquets, etc.) on the thigh pockets. They don't get wet in the rain and are they keep you cool all day. They are also easy to wash. I have never had any other pants but many of the people where I work are ditching the standard issue pants to buy these pants because of how good they are. They also come in regular (not taclite) for the winter.
I'm not sure they're quite bloodborned pathogen resistant. And blood will certainly stain on them if you get enough on them.

MicahW

Forum Crew Member
I'm not sure they're quite bloodborned pathogen resistant. And blood will certainly stain on them if you get enough on them.
You are completely correct about the blood borne pathogen resistance, that is not at all what I meant to say. What I meant was that you are unlikely to have your underwear soaked with blood at the end of the day (I have seen that happen to others). As for the staining, I have not managed to stain them yet, for the most part, the blood runs right off. What does not run off the pants is easily taken care of by washing them.

Emtgirl8555

Forum Probie
The TacLites from 5.11 fit what you're looking for except for durability. The seams tend to give out rather quickly. I use them exclusively thanks to my department, and have to get new ones quite often. 5.11 styles other than TacLite tend to not have that problem, though.

I blew through two pairs of prospers in less than 6 months even with double reinforced stitching. One day I'll find a quality pant. It's like they can't handle the stress of my extreme movements ( kneeling, crouching, climbing ext)

Emtgirl8555

Forum Probie
You are completely correct about the blood borne pathogen resistance, that is not at all what I meant to say. What I meant was that you are unlikely to have your underwear soaked with blood at the end of the day (I have seen that happen to others). As for the staining, I have not managed to stain them yet, for the most part, the blood runs right off. What does not run off the pants is easily taken care of by washing them.
I get a size bigger and wear an anti microbial spandex underneath.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Another vote for 5.11 Taclites. I have another pair (Horace Small or something) that is also really comfortable.

Jane

Forum Crew Member

I second these pants!

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
Please forgive me digging up an old thread, and maybe hijacking, but...

Do these EMS pants run smaller than jeans? I wear a 44X36 and got a pair of "Code 3 by Southeastern", hey they were $20. Got them in the mail, they feel almost a size too small, maybe I'm just getting fat, but my 44x36 jeans fit loose enough I can IWB CCW in them.

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
just a follow up, I got a pair of 5.11's and they are probably the most comfortable pants I've ever bought. I think those other pants were just seconds or something, maybe that's why they were so small.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
I jist got issued Tact squad. Pretty cool.

rujero

Emergency Services RN, NREMT
Another vote for 5.11 EMS pants. Mine have held up really well over the years. Worth every penny!