Where is everyone from?

EricCSU

Forum Ride Along
Born in Nebraska (Go Big Red!), went to high school/college in Colorado (Go CSU Rams!), moved to DC for 3 years, now living in Austin, TX and working as a paramedic.

I am new to this particular forum but some may recognize me from the firehouse.com/emsresponder.com where I have been a member for ten years.

Eric

OrlandoRMAMedic

Forum Crew Member
Born in NY. Been in Central Florida for most of the last 28 yrs. Yankee by birth, Red Sox fan by choice (my uncle hates that)

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Massachusetts here. From the North Shore area...plan to hit Boston in the next few years if I decide to not join the military.

reaper

Working Bum
Born in Nebraska (Go Big Red!), went to high school/college in Colorado (Go CSU Rams!), moved to DC for 3 years, now living in Austin, TX and working as a paramedic.

I am new to this particular forum but some may recognize me from the firehouse.com/emsresponder.com where I have been a member for ten years.

Eric

You can never have to many Huskers!;)

We won't hold the Firehouse thing against you.

nemedic

Forum Captain
Hey everyone.. I just joined the forum here. I live in Fort Myers, FL, which is in southwest florida. Im originally from Michigan, in the metro detroit area. Ive been in EMS for 11 years now.. going on 12 pretty quick. I worked several years as an EMT-Basic, and i've been a paramedic now since 2003. I worked in Flint and Detroit, MI before moving to florida 4 years ago. I currently work for Lee County EMS in Fort Myers, FL as a paramedic. We are a very progressive EMS provider and the sole provider in Lee county.

If you don't mind my asking, how is the pay/benefits? Do they run BLS/ALS or just ALS trucks? Reason I'm asking is that I am considering a move to the area, and just trying to get a feel for the place.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I came to one day naked beside a highway covered in some sort of transulcent goo dazed and confused with non memory of events that led to my presence here

spiffy

Forum Probie
I'm in San Jose CA for the moment, but I'm just in school for it. Thinking of moving up to Sacramento for work though. Taxes SUCK here.

wildrivermedic

Forum Crew Member
Back of beyond...

A tiny town in northern California, with an awesome volunteer crew. Our response area consists of 60 miles of two-lane highway, immeasurable backroads, one big river, and a whole lot of wilderness. Actually I live somewhat outside of the tiny town, so... beyond the back of beyond!

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Born in Texas, raised in Texas, still live in Texas and don't see myself leaving anytime soon. :p

From the DFW area. Wouldn't mind moving out a little more east though.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
born and raised in texas. been all around the world.. landed in Illinois after i got out of the army in 07 and still here.. wanting to move to florida though.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I'm a Jersey Boy, born and raised. Currently work in North Jersey as an EMS dispatcher, but still play 911 EMT a few times a month in Central Jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:

hails*

Forum Ride Along
Canada!

Hey,
first post... Im from Calgary Alberta Canada..
just finished my EMR and registered with ACP. If all goes well will be starting my EMT in april!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh......guess I missed this thread when I joined up.....

I am from everywhere and nowhere. (Navy Brat:p)

Pop is retired now so I'm living in NE Washington State about 70 miles northwest of Spokane and 30 miles south of the Canada border. (Untill I either join up myself, or finish my fire science degree, get my medic and try to get on with an FD.)

emt_irl

Forum Captain
a little further a field then most... im from accross the water(aka atlantic ocean) from ireland

FLEMTP

Forum Captain
Im from HELL...!

No, really... i grew up in a small town in Michigan called Hell.. look it up on google maps.

I live in fort myers florida now and I work for a county ran third service provider in southwest florida

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
Im from HELL...!

No, really... i grew up in a small town in Michigan called Hell.. look it up on google maps.

I live in fort myers florida now and I work for a county ran third service provider in southwest florida

I know where Hell is! Nice little place.

traumaangel26

Forum Crew Member
hi

From Missouri, joined Navy,lived in FL, moved to SC. I wanta say thanks to all Military that are serving overseas and not able to be with loved ones.