Where is everyone from?

possum

Forum Crew Member
I'm from Virginia.... I'm a EMT-B in the VA EMT-Enhanced class

siefersl

Forum Probie
Belleville ks. Home of the worlds fastest dirt track. I just have to put that in cause thats about the most exciting claim to fame I have. I work full time. We run four trucks. about 500 tones a year but thats also with race standbys and footballs standbys and fire standbys. I must just stand around a lot????:unsure: I do work for a county organization and get the wonderful pleasure of dealing with county commissioners:wacko: And it was about a month ago that that I realized that since I pay taxes I pay my own check:glare: Unfortunately I can't give myself a raise.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarahmedic

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone! My name's Sarah and currently reside in Orlando FL. I'm about 3 wks away from being done with medic school, finishing up my ride time with a local fire dept. i'll have my as in ems when i finish up. my ultimate goal is a nurse-medic.
i work for a level two hospital in their inter-facility transport service, mainly on our neonate/peds truck. in addition to that, i work at orlando's level one trauma center in the icu as a tech. i also work for a company that does standby first aid at sports events (mainly karate/mma stuff). aaaand i work at universal studios, but as a character, nothing related to ems. :)

since the start of medic school i live and breathe everything ems.
hello knowledge, goodbye social life!
but it's worth it...;)

emtlady76877

Forum Crew Member
My name is Rhonda. I am from San Saba Texas. I have been an EMTB for going on 14 years. I am going to TSTC in Brownwood Texas. Getting my A.A.S. degree in paramedics. I just started. My husband & I also own our own repair shop. I volunteer for San Saba Co. EMS. I work in a ladies yard, & I clean my next door neighbors house. All while keeping up an A average in school. :)

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
I volunteer here in Jersey. EMS practically runs in my blood. My dad has been working as an EMT on the Fire Department that my grandfather was a firefighter on for 25 years now and my brother has been with him for 6 years now. I also volunteer with my dad ,my brother, and my sister in law on our squad and my sister joined not too long ago. My mom was also an EMT awhile back, and that is actually how my mom and dad met was through EMT school. I volunteer as of now while im in college, but am hoping to be going to paramedic schooling as I progress. And I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing. B)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was born in Florida, but my dad got reasigned several times. Now I'm in NM.

mike_84

Forum Ride Along
To bring this back from the dead....

My name is Mike and I'm from Hanford, California. Looking to leave CA as soon as possible, since i just passed the NR for EMT-B. Most likely, i'll be going to the Fayetteville, AR area (a friend is out there). If there is anyone from around there that wouldn't mind helping out a newbie find his way, i greatly aprecciate it!

Mike

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I litterally do live in the middle of a cornfeild in Indiana, a quarter mile of narrow lane actually. I have done work for our paid department, but thats rare. Most of my work comes from the local vollunteer fire, keeping them alive until the paid guys show up with their fancy oohhh look at me, I actually get paid so it doesnt matter if you have more experience as an EMT-B than I do I'm still better than you.

My biggest problem is that I live 6 minutes out of town so on medical calls my job mainly consists of dealing with the cot. I actually do find myself making excuses to spend the day at my brothers house in town since its only a block from the station (and when I do that we never seem to get a call until I go home). I'll be honest with all of you, I do love EMS, but I really get off on fires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
I am from Colorado. I just passed my NREMT Practicals, and my State Certification for First Responder, and am signed up for an EMT class in the fall. I love it here, beautiful scenery and if I don't like the weather, I just wait five minutes. Unfortunately I only get to enjoy that weather for five minutes, but hey you live with it.

Belgian EMT/nurse

Forum Crew Member
I am Thom, I'm from Belgium and I live in the city Dendermonde. I work in my dad's private ambulance service, we provide emergency care in our region, intensive care transports (micu) non-urgent transports, wheelchair transports,... I became an "ambulancier" (similar to te emt-b level) at 18. last year I received my bachelors degree in nursing and for the moment I'm taking an extra year in emergency and intensive care nursing.

grts

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
originally from Boston, lived in the burbs for a bit, living in Cambridge now.

Sasha

Forum Chief
a uterus.