Where are you from....

Spyro2500

Forum Probie
Originally from England, now in Alberta, Canada and hoping to get work as an EMT in Calgary

burnsmh

Forum Crew Member
Born in a little swamp area called Bridge City, Texas...Moved to Houston awhile back, got laid off, moved back...About to move to Lake Jackson, Texas in late December early January. Only been legit out of state once, I took a bus to Florida to visit a friend.

Angel

Paramedic
northern California born and raised!
I want to eventually move out of state, for the protocols, and just to experience something different but that's a little down the line.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The area I cover is only 212 sq miles, but it is a different kind of challenge. Although you cover a large area, I'm sure you have multiple hospitals to choose from, correct?

We are serviced by a local clinic, which is staffed with PA's, and a few non-certified MA's. Medical control comes from the closest hospital, which is a 3.5 to 4 hr flight via MEDEVAC to the mainland. So, when we end up taking a rescue boat to a vessel to extricate a patient, we routinely have to assist the clinic with services to get the pt stable enough to sustain the flight.

You have most of us beat in remoteness. But I know I have a Lvl 4 hospital as my only receiving hospital by ground. Anything that is the least bit serious gets flows. Usually meeting a fixed wing on the runway. Part of that is the only things they can do that I can't is blood and scans.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Pomona, California. Work in Riverside County.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
northern California born and raised!
I want to eventually move out of state, for the protocols, and just to experience something different but that's a little down the line.

Come on California protocols are worth sticking around for! :rolleyes:

jboz7089

Forum Probie
You have most of us beat in remoteness. But I know I have a Lvl 4 hospital as my only receiving hospital by ground. Anything that is the least bit serious gets flows. Usually meeting a fixed wing on the runway. Part of that is the only things they can do that I can't is blood and scans.

Yea all of our patients that have any risk at all it seems are taken off by fixed wing aircraft. We occasionally get patients from smaller islands surrounding us, or off boats nearby who are transported to our island via Coastguard chopper. Its a pretty crazy challenge out here! Interesting to hear other situations.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Born and raised in Beaver Dam, WI.
Now I am a little farther north...in the Lower Fox Valley area.
Near Oshkosh.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
St. Louis, MO. One of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. :rofl:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Grew up in a variety of places, but really from Colorado more than anywhere else. Currently living in Delaware.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Bay Area, CA

Veigar

Forum Probie
Tacoma, WA. I studied at UCT for six months while in college. Hands down the most beautiful city I've ever seen, I'd love to go and visit my host family. Hope you can move back soon.