Where are you from....

Tunamate

Forum Crew Member
Hi folks. I realize that this is an anonymous forum but as a paramedic living in SA I am curious about where the members of of emt life work and live...?

So if it doesn't violate any protocols perhaps you could just state where you work (state / region / country) and maybe what it is you like about working that area...

I'll go first.

Live and work in South Africa
Currently in Durban Natal
Here because of studies but moving to Cape Town in the West cause it's home for me.
Cheers

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Miami, Florida.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Live in a small town in Southern California.
Work about 30 minutes from where I live.
I love the desert and love my company so that's why I'm there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Born in Florida, live in Albuquerque New Mexico, work in Pecos Texas. Wanting to move a lot of places lol

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi folks. I realize that this is an anonymous forum but as a paramedic living in SA I am curious about where the members of of emt life work and live...?

So if it doesn't violate any protocols perhaps you could just state where you work (state / region / country) and maybe what it is you like about working that area...

I'll go first.

Live and work in South Africa
Currently in Durban Natal
Here because of studies but moving to Cape Town in the West cause it's home for me.
Cheers

Plymouth, MA and Austin, TX. Anyone want a beer?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Always. About twenty six hours till I can have a bunch

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
San Antonio, Tx. I'm always down for some alcohol :p TJ needs to finally move down here so we can all have a meet-up.

jboz7089

Forum Probie
Did my B.S and M.S. in Montana. Moved to remote Alaska to try and pay off some student debt. Ended up joining the volunteer squad here.

Anyone out there face challenges of remote EMS? We routinely have to respond to vessels and extricate people from them... Long call times!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Did my B.S and M.S. in Montana. Moved to remote Alaska to try and pay off some student debt. Ended up joining the volunteer squad here.

Anyone out there face challenges of remote EMS? We routinely have to respond to vessels and extricate people from them... Long call times!
I'm in what's considered frontier EMS in Texas. 3k square miles of response area for three trucks. Lots of oil rigs to respond to as well

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain

I am from Redondo Beach, CA

I currently live and work in Central California. The two companies I work for cover over 4,000 square miles. I enjoy working rural EMS. (Yes, contrary to popular belief, most of California is, indeed, the middle of nowhere.)

jboz7089

Forum Probie
I am from Redondo Beach, CA

I currently live and work in Central California. The two companies I work for cover over 4,000 square miles. I enjoy working rural EMS. (Yes, contrary to popular belief, most of California is, indeed, the middle of nowhere.)

The area I cover is only 212 sq miles, but it is a different kind of challenge. Although you cover a large area, I'm sure you have multiple hospitals to choose from, correct?

We are serviced by a local clinic, which is staffed with PA's, and a few non-certified MA's. Medical control comes from the closest hospital, which is a 3.5 to 4 hr flight via MEDEVAC to the mainland. So, when we end up taking a rescue boat to a vessel to extricate a patient, we routinely have to assist the clinic with services to get the pt stable enough to sustain the flight.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Advanced Care Paramedic from eastern Canada working in remote medical clinics in the northern Alberta and British Columbia oil fields 2-3 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Born and live in Atlanta, Georgia. Work here because I never really got around to moving anywhere else.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Originally from CT, but I've lived and worked all over the country, albeit in a different profession. I now live and work in Delaware.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
The area I cover is only 212 sq miles, but it is a different kind of challenge. Although you cover a large area, I'm sure you have multiple hospitals to choose from, correct?

We are serviced by a local clinic, which is staffed with PA's, and a few non-certified MA's. Medical control comes from the closest hospital, which is a 3.5 to 4 hr flight via MEDEVAC to the mainland. So, when we end up taking a rescue boat to a vessel to extricate a patient, we routinely have to assist the clinic with services to get the pt stable enough to sustain the flight.

You definitely have a crazier area but we do only have 3 small hospitals in our entire area so it is pretty much the closest hospital is where you go. In our
Most remote areas, trauma, new onset CVA, STEMI have to get flown out.

kirky kirk

RN, EMT-B
Philippines! ^_^