When does Los Angeles county bids renew???

VentMonkey

Family Guy
From what I heard they'll still run ifts with the contracted hospitals in the division which is a handful but still won't be enough to keep everyone employed.
This is what AMR Cerritos did before, um, disbanding...

Good luck to ya. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but wth, right?
http://hallamb.com/

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
This is what AMR Cerritos did before, um, disbanding...

Good luck to ya. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but wth, right?
http://hallamb.com/
I totally would go to Hall but I want to go the fire route. I'm just hoping that one of my transfers I put in for at the beginning of September goes through with AMR. Either in Santa Clarita, Gold Coast (Ventura County), or the Moorpark station in Ventura County since it's a split rig. Either way it would be a much faster commute than what I'm driving to SGV already since I live in Moorpark.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I totally would go to Hall but I want to go the fire route. I'm just hoping that one of my transfers I put in for at the beginning of September goes through with AMR. Either in Santa Clarita, Gold Coast (Ventura County), or the Moorpark station in Ventura County since it's a split rig. Either way it would be a much faster commute than what I'm driving to SGV already since I live in Moorpark.
Most likely. This is what they did when our ops closed.

They actually had a job fair with HR reps from NV, NM, and a few ops back east, though most everyone transferred to Irwindale, AV, or the I.E., or went to CARE.

Still, I found it to be a half way decent gesture onAMR's behalf.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Most likely. This is what they did when our ops closed.

They actually had a job fair with HR reps from NV, NM, and a few ops back east, though most everyone transferred to Irwindale, AV, or the I.E., or went to CARE.

Still, I found it to be a half way decent gesture onAMR's behalf.
Hopefully they do that so some of the most senior members here can get job security. It amazes me that there's people who have been here for over 20 years. I've only been in there six months and go crazy sometimes haha.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Hopefully they do that so some of the most senior members here can get job security. It amazes me that there's people who have been here for over 20 years. I've only been in there six months and go crazy sometimes haha.
Yes, a lot of good people. Some of which I am willing to bet I know, and/ or have worked with myself.

Good luck with the fire thing. You think you're going crazy now? I hope you like long lines. And don't forget to bring a lunch.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Yes, a lot of good people. Some of which I am willing to bet I know, and/ or have worked with myself.

Good luck with the fire thing. You think you're going crazy now? I hope you like long lines. And don't forget to bring a lunch.
Thank you! I've worked with some of them before and just hope that they can go somewhere where they are appreciated and paid well for what they're doing.
I shouldn't have said crazy though. I meant a little upset with things like dispatch at times and how county's medics can be at times.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
This is going to be super interesting to watch go down. I was watching Schaefer sit around at the San Dimas rodeo last weekend and was thinking about whether or not they were keeping their EOA. I feel bad for the Schaefer employees, but at the same time I don't think any of us are really surprised that this has happened. Best of luck to them.

Was Pomona part of the EOA or was it their own bid like Monrovia?

RandoMedic

Forum Probie
This is going to be super interesting to watch go down. I was watching Schaefer sit around at the San Dimas rodeo last weekend and was thinking about whether or not they were keeping their EOA. I feel bad for the Schaefer employees, but at the same time I don't think any of us are really surprised that this has happened. Best of luck to them.

Was Pomona part of the EOA or was it their own bid like Monrovia?

Nah. Pomona is part of EOA 3. The only 3 that are separated is Redondo(EOA8?), Compton (EOA6), and Monrovia (EOA2).

I do agree that it will be interesting to see what happens. As of recent, everything is not set in stone yet due to appeals and other things, but it is so far it's like this.

AMR will keep EOA 1 which covers Santa Clarita and the AV.
CARE will be taking over the SGV and keeping their old Zone. EOA 3,4,and 5(Care is not loosing paramount... LACOEMS redrew the county EOA lines is all)
Mc Cormick will be taking home the rest of the bacon with their 2 current areas and gaining Compton. Haven't heard anything about redondo beach so yea....

RandoMedic

Forum Probie
Nah. Pomona is part of EOA 3. The only 3 that are separated is Redondo(EOA8?), Compton (EOA6), and Monrovia (EOA2).

I do agree that it will be interesting to see what happens. As of recent, everything is not set in stone yet due to appeals and other things, but it is so far it's like this.

CARE will be taking over the SGV and keeping their old Zone. EOA 3,4,and 5(Care is not loosing paramount... LACOEMS redrew the county EOA lines is all)
Mc Cormick will be taking home the rest of the bacon with their 2 current areas and gaining Compton. Haven't heard anything about redondo beach so yea....

Sorry.. Monrovia EOA 2 not 3.

wtferick

Forum Captain
Have seen a hand full of Care running up in the heights. Does AMR not have enough units covering zones?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief

I don't even know how or why Mccormick was allowed to bid due to them owing a ton of money to the county?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RandoMedic

Forum Probie
Have seen a hand full of Care running up in the heights. Does AMR not have enough units covering zones?

I am not sure because I am not in the La Habra area. Sometimes Care would get a call into the heights due to the call being in the border of LH Hights and LH. I had 1 call up in the hights but that was due to an incorrect incident location and we were following the engine

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Exactly. They needed an additional 200 employees at minimum. Rather than absorb the Bowers people which would have been more than enough, they pinched the penny to rehire vets of ems at a lower rate. Just like Mccormick will hire union represented Schaefer employees at the lowest dollar with out representation. Same for Care.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
How so? Owning money to county for not meeting response times or something?
From what I heard they were not following LA countys agreement to give back a percentage to the county which is in the awarded contract agreement. I hear they owe millions and are having a tough time staying a float. The two brothers wanted to keep the cash cow of Malibu etc. In order to do so, they had to accept compton and all the other lower income areas.

RandoMedic

Forum Probie
Exactly. They needed an additional 200 employees at minimum. Rather than absorb the Bowers people which would have been more than enough, they pinched the penny to rehire vets of ems at a lower rate. Just like Mccormick will hire union represented Schaefer employees at the lowest dollar with out representation. Same for Care.

Yea I think Care is looking at getting somewhere about 300... not sure if this is only as far as field personnel or if that number is also to include like QA/QI, Billing, Dispatch, OPS, etc... but you know, speculation and all that. Again, nothing official.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea I think Care is looking at getting somewhere about 300... not sure if this is only as far as field personnel or if that number is also to include like QA/QI, Billing, Dispatch, OPS, etc... but you know, speculation and all that. Again, nothing official.
CARE being Falk I wouldn't be shocked if it all went over seas like LA city fire and all the other power houses. All comes down to break down of cost to increase profit. Why pay somebody $40k a year here in the states when you can contract with a company for $40k a year and they provide the full billing service of 20 employees? Give it time and Falk aka Care will again try and buy Mccormick. Family owned since 1969 my butt.

RandoMedic

Forum Probie
From what I heard they were not following LA countys agreement to give back a percentage to the county which is in the awarded contract agreement. I hear they owe millions and are having a tough time staying a float. The two brothers wanted to keep the cash cow of Malibu etc. In order to do so, they had to accept compton and all the other lower income areas.

Well I haven't heard anything like Mc Cormick doing IFTs... or if so, not as much as before. There is money to be made in IFTs but not as much as before too.

With what you said, it might hurt them even more due to them mostly serving low income areas. Granted they have Malibu, Palos Verdes, etc but not that many calls go out in those areas well with of course Malibu being one of the areas that is busy.

Was at Neptune's Net not long ago and a Gold Coast Medic unit was going to Malibu.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Dang did not expect amr to Lose sgv!! I transferred over to irwindale few months ago and they were hiring alot it seemed, with rumor of taking the whole sgv, I left month ago or so for a hospital position closer to my house but wow...very interesting. I wouldn't mind jumping in care part time if they open up spots soon