When does Los Angeles county bids renew???

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
[Cause drama]

In my opinion, this is a joke, and has caused me to lose respect for one of the last decent 911s.

3b20866b9600c75b9ace0bf61d953386.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Soo anyone know is this a contractual paint scheme for some city they service? Or they trying to reinvent themselves and this will be across the whole fleet?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Soo anyone know is this a contractual paint scheme for some city they service? Or they trying to reinvent themselves and this will be across the whole fleet?
No one cares what color they are. We care WHY they changed. They changed to make their FD contracts happy. The Fire Dept there doesn't like the public knowing there is a difference between ems and fire because the FD takes a lot of funding to support EMS. As soon as the public realizes how backwards the system is, they won't want a huge expensive fire department.

Changing colors is just to make the FD happy in further hiding EMS in their shadow.

What I heard was this paint scheme will initially only be for their 24 hour units, and their day cars will remain white and blue.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm on board with "who cares?". These companies are doing what they've always done in terms of keeping their contracts a well-oiled machine. In turn they can use the "we do 911 calls" as most new EMT's want this experience. In heavy fire-based areas it's a smart business angle.

Google CoCo County AMR and tell me what their units look like. The same goes for San Diego (AMR) City FD.

In summary, all I (Joe Citizen) cares about is the level of competency of the providers inside the box, I am color blind in my true time of need.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm with VentMonkey on this. People are all up in arms just because someone decided to change the color of the ambulance. Did McCormick change the color to please the FD and give their employees a ego stroke? Probably. But being up in arms just because someone changed colors is just dumb. By that way of thinking then all of AMR Santa Barbara county needs to change to red because the white ambulances match with the white fire engines. Same with AMR Palm Springs, white ambulances match the white fire engines. Rural Metro has red, white, and yellow ambulances that will match fire engines. Private companies and 3rd services color match so is it really THAT big of a deal?

People praise how they wish we (EMS) were treated as equals with the FD, so when a ambulance company changes from white to red to match the FD its suddenly wrong? I don't get it. Personally I could care less what the color of the ambulance is. It doesn't mean anything to me, what matters is the level of care that goes on in the back. Will it be affected by the new color scheme? No it won't. The level of care will remain constant.

On a side note I do have to say that it is a nice color. I'm a sucker for red on vehicles.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
I have a weird feeling a bunch is about to change in LA. If Trump dose what I hope he dose and promised, he will cut off funding to illegal alien sanctuary cities. LA Fire will lose federal grant money and the private companies will move in. Without federal funding I have a irking feeling LA Fire is gonna have some serious problems and have to cut areas turning them back over to the private companies.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a weird feeling a bunch is about to change in LA. If Trump dose what I hope he dose and promised, he will cut off funding to illegal alien sanctuary cities. LA Fire will lose federal grant money and the private companies will move in. Without federal funding I have a irking feeling LA Fire is gonna have some serious problems and have to cut areas turning them back over to the private companies.
LA fire double bills. Not only do you pay a yearly tax but if you need transport you get a bill.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
LA fire double bills. Not only do you pay a yearly tax but if you need transport you get a bill.

However LA Fire gets a ton of federal funding. Their Hazmat program is almost all federally funded. You think they will cut that before Ambulance service?

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
Looking at LA City Fire budget it's just a matter of time until it collapses. Good luck for any LA City people pulling a pension in 10 years. It's all a house of cards. I think it's just a matter of time until private Ambulance companies come in again.

I can already see the already meat head egos rising even more. JR fire fighters now have the colors to match their egos.

RMSD has ambulances that are painted red to match their contract department as well. No big deal.

Edit: Apparently I'm fashionably late to the party. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
RMSD has ambulances that are painted red to match their contract department as well. No big deal.

Edit: Apparently I'm fashionably late to the party. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a horse of a different color.