When does Los Angeles county bids renew???

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The rumor going around is appeals have been filed and the current contract is being extended to may. Any truth to this? I remember in '06 the same thing happened and McCormick ended up taking an EOA originally awarded to AMR.
Yes, those are the rumors. Good for Schaefer. The Ambulance to the stars.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Schaefer is appealing?
From what I hear for Pomona and ive heard the city of Pomona, Claremont etc are not happy about losing Schaefer. If any fight, im sure AMR will try everything. We're simply repeating history. Falk aka CARE has former amr management so they already know what route the other companys thinking.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
By the way im shocked Mccormick was able to bid when they back owe the county a ton of money same for Americare who has been operating on and off again with no insurance. Than CARE with previous accusations of kick backs in OC.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Doctors appealed during the last OC bid. After the appeals were reviewed, the county gave what little Doctors was awarded in the first bid to Care.

I do hope it works out in Schaefer's favor. They're terribly managed and this was the enivitable outcome of that mismanagement, but I'd be real sad to see them disappear.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Doctors appealed during the last OC bid. After the appeals were reviewed, the county gave what little Doctors was awarded in the first bid to Care.

I do hope it works out in Schaefer's favor. They're terribly managed and this was the enivitable outcome of that mismanagement, but I'd be real sad to see them disappear.
Oh yea. Big time history especially with the marilyn monroe death. I remember my older brother getting his pinky stuck in a nutt. My grandfather took a look and told my grandmother call Schafers boys. What showed up was a Schaefer paramedic and EMT and than eventually them failing to remove it and him being taken to the nearest fire house to have it grinded off as the medic kept him calm. Those were the days! 1994 is when the county came in and took over ems and fire. The citizens held a protest and march against it.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
[Cause drama]

In my opinion, this is a joke, and has caused me to lose respect for one of the last decent 911s.

3b20866b9600c75b9ace0bf61d953386.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
[Cause drama]

In my opinion, this is a joke, and has caused me to lose respect for one of the last decent 911s.

I can already see the already meat head egos rising even more. JR fire fighters now have the colors to match their egos.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
AMR is looking at the long run. AMR can easily walk away from Los Angeles and it won't effect Envision Healthcare one little bit. The long play has always been look at acquiring vs. fighting.

Operations Guy

Supreme Overlord
[Cause drama]

Those rig graphics do everything to bring down our profession. Let fire departments fight fire and let EMS do medical. Try telling that to some IAFF union boss though and they might have a heart attack lol.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
AMR appealed too. Although we have no idea when we will find anything out yet. The one thing for sure though is that we will be losing our in house unit with la habra heights fire. Care will take over there starting in the new year.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Seems like this is the full collapse of what was left when AMR took over the goodhew empire.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Reading all about this history makes me wish that AMR still had the whole county. I would love to work in the Malibu/Calabasas area since it's only a 30 min drive from my house haha.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Seems like this is the full collapse of what was left when AMR took over the goodhew empire.

But now it seems like care is trying to do that...I guess we will see what happens in the future with them..

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
But now it seems like care is trying to do that...I guess we will see what happens in the future with them..
If they can truly do it for less cost etc than great. I think they will eventually just pave the way for LAco to get its own transport ambulances or open up a can of worms like CARE had in OC with paying off politicians. It was even written up in JEMS.

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
If they can truly do it for less cost etc than great. I think they will eventually just pave the way for LAco to get its own transport ambulances or open up a can of worms like CARE had in OC with paying off politicians. It was even written up in JEMS.

This is why so many people are upset about this. We have former care employees who hated it there..
Also I recently heard that OC fire is looking to do away with being the primary care provider and wants a private ambulance company with medics to come in and take over. Is that true?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
This is why so many people are upset about this. We have former care employees who hated it there..
Also I recently heard that OC fire is looking to do away with being the primary care provider and wants a private ambulance company with medics to come in and take over. Is that true?
Far from the truth. They threw the biggest fit when Lynch started the OC private paramedic pilot program. You bring in privates thats lost jobs in the eyes of the IAFF as well as budget reduction. The current Care management is former AMR management. That's why this is all going like new oil in a motor. They know the people, the in and outs, as well as Faulk owner of CARE having DEEP DEEP European pockets. If AMR wanted to or any large firm, you would walk into OC and blast the citys for using European outsourcing vs a local American company. It would fly due to OC being largely conservative/Republican and patriotic.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
I can already see the already meat head egos rising even more. JR fire fighters now have the colors to match their egos.

WHo cares what color the rigs are.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
[Cause drama]

Oh BRO!! So sick!

It'll be a cold day in hell if OC relinquished control to private medics. OCFA ran a smear campaign against Lynch when they first started using medics. It was depressingly hilarious the claims in the OC Register were.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?