What to do....

unite69er

Forum Probie
I went on 2 interviews today, and received offers from both companies after interview. Both are IFT/CCT companies. On the way home, i got a call from CARE ambulance for this Monday coming up. Now, i know CARE is a great company and one of the bigger ones that run 911 calls, what should i do? Should i join one of them and do the whole process with CARE and hope to get hired with CARE and if so quit the current company for CARE? Does that look bad? Confused.....

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Tell the two you have that you've received multiple offers, and ask if you can have a few days to decide. Then go for your CARE interview, tell them you've received offers but would love to work for them, and ask if you can hear back from them soon.

If you don't get the CARE job (or even if you do), you can see if you can use one to negotiate a higher wage at the other. This really depends on the labour situation in your area, but if they really want you, they'll pay to keep you.

This of course all only applies if you want to work for CARE.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If you don't get the CARE job (or even if you do), you can see if you can use one to negotiate a higher wage at the other. This really depends on the labour situation in your area, but if they really want you, they'll pay to keep you.

Not in that area. If you try to bargain for pay I'd bet, more likely than not, they're going to tell you to not let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

There are too many EMTs in Cali to be picky and try to bargain for wages. If you don't like their offer there's hundreds or thousands of EMTs out there that wont argue about the pay.

OP
OP
U

unite69er

Forum Probie
Do you want to do IFT or 911?

I would like 911, but CARE has a long process, i also have no EMT exp whatsoever, that is why i wouldn't mind doing IFT.

Tell the two you have that you've received multiple offers, and ask if you can have a few days to decide. Then go for your CARE interview, tell them you've received offers but would love to work for them, and ask if you can hear back from them soon.

This of course all only applies if you want to work for CARE.

That would be awesome if this was another field, but considering my age, and no field exp, and the high amount of applicants, this would not work at all..

You can get a more well rounded answer if you tell us what 2 IFT companies you interviewed with.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Find out if there is a conflict of interest. You might be aboe to work CARE and one other company. I'd still go with one of the IFT companies until you can work CARE because it's not guaranty and it might be awhile anyhow.

OP
OP
U

unite69er

Forum Probie
You can get a more well rounded answer if you tell us what 2 IFT companies you interviewed with.

I rather not say, as alot people read this forum, and i do not want to ruin anything. lol

Find out if there is a conflict of interest. You might be aboe to work CARE and one other company. I'd still go with one of the IFT companies until you can work CARE because it's not guaranty and it might be awhile anyhow.

Yeah, i think i am going to do that.

JPINFV

Gadfly

Non-911, Orange County? Probably Lynch and Pacific considering Shoreline has, IIRC, Westminister, Care and Doctors have a ton of 911 contracts, Medix has Mission Viejo still, and Emergency has Brea, Placentia, Yorba Linda, and La Habra. Also Lynch and Pacific are both rather large companies. I'm also too far removed from Lynch to give a useful critique of the company (quit in 2007 for school).