What light do you carry on your belt?

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
really? ive had my 7060 for almost 2 years now, use it practically every day and ive never had a problem outside of exterior cosmetic scratches

yep, nothing but problems. i have had 5 replaced in the last 2 years. I was one of the first people to have one (they where released in SoCal first due to LAPD funding the R&D) they have a problem in the front switch, they have changed vendors and claim to have the problem fixed however I was just there three days ago getting my 5th light replaced. I have not recommended this light to anyone, although I do know some people who are still using their original light with out issue, the overwhelming majority of users have had issues.

a pelican i can recommend is the super saber light, by far the best fire light I have ever owned. twist on twist off, 40 hour battery life with lots of focused LED light. nearly indestructible, and runs off of 3 C-battery.

imgres

Forrest

Forum Crew Member
A $20 six LED light from Lowes is either in my jacket in the cold months or in my jumpsuit in the warmer months, and our service has a Streamlight Vulcan light box mounted under the driver and passenger seats in all squads.

And are Surefire lights REALLY worth the $80-$150?

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
A $20 six LED light from Lowes is either in my jacket in the cold months or in my jumpsuit in the warmer months, and our service has a Streamlight Vulcan light box mounted under the driver and passenger seats in all squads.

And are Surefire lights REALLY worth the $80-$150?

Yes. You get what you pay for. A bombproof light. Are fenix and 4sevens a good alternative? Yes, they perform equally well but with surefire you know what your getting.

Last edited by a moderator:

resq330

Forum Lieutenant
Simply the best....

I've owned 3 of them. They run off AAAA batteries. Come in different color led's, as well.

streamlight-red-led-stylus-pen-light.jpg

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I saw that type of pen light during a clinical shift and loved it. But I have heard a lot of pros and cons about the brightness. The main concern that I have is blinding the pt. Do you find that to be a problem with this product?

MRE

Forum Captain
I saw that type of pen light during a clinical shift and loved it. But I have heard a lot of pros and cons about the brightness. The main concern that I have is blinding the pt. Do you find that to be a problem with this product?

They are certainly brighter than the average disposable penlite, but not too bright in my opinion. One other plus is a very consistent spot of light with none of the rings and bright/dark spots that you get with most penlites.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
They are certainly brighter than the average disposable penlite, but not too bright in my opinion. One other plus is a very consistent spot of light with none of the rings and bright/dark spots that you get with most penlites.

Are they easy to clean if they become dirty or bloody. Because I don't want to spend a hour cleaning little grooves.

MRE

Forum Captain
Are they easy to clean if they become dirty or bloody. Because I don't want to spend a hour cleaning little grooves.

They shouldn't be too bad with a little bleach+water. If it were a real nasty situation I would probably grab a disposable though.

cOmpressor

Forum Probie
My new addition, absolutely love it. Brightness settings from 5 lumens - 337 lumens. Check eyes on 5 and anything else on high. I work clubs often so it is perfect for dark corner checks and cutting a path.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307608478.571858.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307608478.571858.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 288

Canmedic

Forum Ride Along
My new addition, absolutely love it. Brightness settings from 5 lumens - 337 lumens. Check eyes on 5 and anything else on high. I work clubs often so it is perfect for dark corner checks and cutting a path.

This. The best light for the money. Surefire now has some serious competition. The strobe saved my a$$ from being chewed by a dog once - earned it's keep right then and there.

I work in an extremely busy metropolitan setting. 911 critical care only and when I need a light, I need it yesterday and have no time to wait for a PD or FD member to aim a light for me.

BTW all I carry on my belt is my phone, radio and this little gem. It comes with a soft Velcro flapped holster which is nice cause if I get downtime I take it out and can lay down comfortably.

I do like the look of the rigid ind. Halo light though. Any good anecdotes?

cOmpressor

Forum Probie
How did the dog react to the strobe? I've stopped a few people dead in their tracks with it. People say the mode button is hard to find in the dark but I just aim the belt clip at the button and it's fine.

Canmedic

Forum Ride Along
The dog was snarling and approaching from behind. It kept trying to look around the strobe, looked uncomfortable too. It didn't run away yelping but it bought enough time for me to get distance - slowly and carefully.

I used to keep the clip on it for that same reason but ironically it made it trickier to pull out of the holster in this instance. It really helps to have a wider 2" + belt with some stiffness to it. I wear a 5.11 operators belt while in uniform. Looks like a fairly regular uniform belt and is quite comfortable but rigid for the weight of a radio (or pistol for those PD types).

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
^^^^^^ I mentioned the Rigid Industries Light a few pages back and no one said or even looked at it I think so I am glad to see you picked up on it. I currently rock the Halo light and IMO its the best light I have ever used for many tasks. It has 700 lumens which basically is a spotlight on your person. I like some others work in a very tough area and also do some tactical medicine. Although I don't carry this light on my person it is in my bag located in the cab of my unit and comes out in my hand on every call past dusk or during the day if warrented. I like the fact its a metal outer case. Its small enough to be compact but also the head is large enough to hold by the handle if you were to ever need a self defense tool. For 100 bucks the price can't be beat and light output is second to none......http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/rgdfllp.htm

SFox3325

Forum Probie
I carry my Sure Fire G2 in an Uncle Mikes nylon pouch, and I have a ring keeper so I can carry our D-cell Maglights, for when were assisting in traffic control. My pen light stays in my bag or leg pocket.