What kinda car do you drive?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Whats the going rate out there on the west coast? I paid 2.39 for reg here in MA yesterday

$2.05-2.10 a gallon here.

R/r 911

OP
OP
DV_EMT

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

Sasha

Forum Chief
Last time I filled up it was like 2.45 a gallon here.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
$2.65 to $2.90 around here. Better than the $4.60-$4.80 it was last year. Was as low as $2.10 at one point earlier this year. At 14-16 mph, $4.80 sucked!!!

(This post braught to you on my new netbook mini.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
DV_EMT

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
As I said in the thread that got this one started:

1992 black wrangler… decked out… geared out… and in perfect shape now that it is repaired post-collision (new springs and shocks) and just washed…

SAR scanner, CB, vhf radio, CD changer, altimeter, inclinometer, surround sound w/ overhead and giant rear pods, $1000+ worth of lockboxes (5 Tuffy's in all - overhead, center consol, rear collapsable, and wheel mount sound pod/storage ones) for the SAR gear, cargo net over the rear roll bars for extra storage, 2.5 inch lift kit, extra driving lights, extra fog/snow lights, extra amber hazards (for winter and SAR - semi-emergency in nature, but not code-3-whackers), giant bumper/roll bars, large m/s tires, a lot of control switches inside for the extra lighting, and oh sooo many little extras inside that make it oh sooo sweet to drive through the mountains. (I know i am forgetting upgrades I have put in.... oh, like the air horn (used as an attrative on missing persons calls). Currently has her top off with a bikinin top on for the summer; put on the hard top for teh winter.

OH... and a bloodhound riding shotgun!

I can't find any recent pics, I will have to search for an older (pre upgrades) pic, or take a new one... if I get the chance....

I MUST SEE PICS... as I too have a wonderful Wrangler that has stuff on it as well!!!... I really wanna see the bumper though. I'm looking for ideas for a new one!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
I MUST SEE PICS... as I too have a wonderful Wrangler that has stuff on it as well!!!... I really wanna see the bumper though. I'm looking for ideas for a new one!

I am looking for an older pic in my files, but so far... no luck. Having camera issues, but once I fix the battery problem (not holding charge)... I will take some pics. As far as the bumper goes... it is a tubular bumper with attatchment points for my x-tra driving and fog lights. I have the matching rear bumper and (due to the lift) the same style of side step roll-bars. My biggest addition to my baby was the lockboxes. http://www.tuffyproducts.com/ They have storage solutions for a good number of vehicles models and styles. Expensive (too much maybe) but my god they ROCK and allow me to secure my gear even when I take the top off in the summer:

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-140-071-expandable-rear-security-lockbox.aspx
The collapsible rear box stores the bulk of my SAR gear.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-85-013-deluxe-stereo-security-console-8-wide.aspx
The center console box stores the routine console stuff, but also has a slot to secure my scanner (I know, whackerish a little, but it comes in handy for SAR.)

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-118-048-overhead-security-console-2-compartment.aspx
The over head console has two slots to secure my CB and VHF radios (again for mountain fun and SAR).

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-91-020-speaker-storage-security-lockbox-set.aspx
The two wheel base boxes are the connection points for two sound pods that blast right into my back, but the rest of the boxes are storage for more SAR gear (in one) and road rescue/safety gear (in the other).

Sasha

Forum Chief

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Res-Q, with that ride you gotta be single

or married to Steve Irwin's widow. Crikey!

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
Usually drive my 95 Mustang V6 in the summer, and my 97 Blazer in the winter. I also have a 2001 Buell Blast from my college days (70 mpg). Plus I have two dachshunds (wiener dogs), however their short legs make it difficult to ride them.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
or married to Steve Irwin's widow. Crikey!

Better believe it... You know what the single leading cause of divorce is? Marriage... And I don't want money intended for the Jeep to go to an ex...

NJN

The Young One
2008 Ford Focus SES

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
If I get approved for this loan... 2004 Ford Mustang GT :]

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Do I hear a knocking in the engine?... or is that a cam you got in there?
I initially thought that too once I watched the video, but I can't seem to hear it when I have someone else rev it or when I'm driving, so I'm really not sure what it was. :wacko:

Fireguy

Forum Crew Member
I drive a Chevy Colorado! Its a smaller truck but it does great in the snow and gets better MPG than most trucks. I have the crew cab which is bigger than I thought but it is still uncomfortable for taller people in the back seat. Although my wife has been driving since I deployed and she fell in love with it. So I dont think im gonna get it back. LOL