What kind of underwear is best for EMS?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Before you get all lock happy, this is a serious question.

I am wondering if anyone has given consideration to the type of briefs they wear or if they even changed the style they used to wear prior to entering EMS.

I gave up the tighty whiteys when I was 11 or so and switched to boxers. But all throughout my career, I found they ride up the leg quite a bit with all the lifting, bending and constant moving we are doing. When this happens, then I end up with bunched up material which needs constant readjusting.

Even though I did not do it, I did consider trying the tightey whiteys for a while to see if there was a noticeable difference.

For you ladies, does EMS affect what briefs you choose? I have seen all types, the granny panties, thongs and normal undies but does being on duty affect your undergarment selection when getting ready for the day?

These are serious questions and some of our newbs may not be aware of yet, so giving some pointers or addressing these concerns now could mean the difference between smooth sailing or disaster.

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Oops I did not clarify...

There is a difference between boxers and boxer briefs (fitted kind) so maybe that is the difference and should be addressed as well.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
Oops I did not clarify...

There is a difference between boxers and boxer briefs (fitted kind) so maybe that is the difference and should be addressed as well.

I wear boxers like these.

92366503v1_225x225_Front.jpg

not fitted, just your average "EMT- Daddy" boxers.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
fitted boxers. We call them hipster trunks.

I wear boxers. Never had much of an issue. My biggest problem is that the service issue under shirt is too short and comes un tucked under the shirt, then bunches up around you stomach. White people problems are the worst.

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
fitted boxers. We call them hipster trunks.

I wear boxers. Never had much of an issue. My biggest problem is that the service issue under shirt is too short and comes un tucked under the shirt, then bunches up around you stomach. White people problems are the worst.

Please do not mention undershirts as I will not have a new topic for tomorrow. :) :p

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wear boxers also. Great minds think alike. :)

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
my ex has these

rot3965.jpg

and I've heard no bad things about these

509387705v4_150x150_Front.jpg

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Keep it clean and serious now...I would hate for another topic to be locked when others have not had chance to offer their insights and experiences.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
me i personally wear boxer briefs that have a longer leg to them i personally found that the under armour yet a bit pricy for boxer has been the most comfortable piece of underwear for all environments be it playing sports or working they don't bunch up

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
they are called the under armour boxer jock they start at 19.99 usd a pair but well worth the price

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
But all throughout my career, I found they ride up the leg quite a bit with all the lifting, bending and constant moving we are doing. When this happens, then I end up with bunched up material which needs constant readjusting.

This is why I use my shirt stays to clip my boxers to my socks. this way they never ride up

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Before you get all lock happy, this is a serious question.

I am wondering if anyone has given consideration to the type of briefs they wear or if they even changed the style they used to wear prior to entering EMS.

I gave up the tighty whiteys when I was 11 or so and switched to boxers. But all throughout my career, I found they ride up the leg quite a bit with all the lifting, bending and constant moving we are doing. When this happens, then I end up with bunched up material which needs constant readjusting.

Even though I did not do it, I did consider trying the tightey whiteys for a while to see if there was a noticeable difference.

For you ladies, does EMS affect what briefs you choose? I have seen all types, the granny panties, thongs and normal undies but does being on duty affect your undergarment selection when getting ready for the day?

These are serious questions and some of our newbs may not be aware of yet, so giving some pointers or addressing these concerns now could mean the difference between smooth sailing or disaster.

Do you really have this much time on your hands?

Underwear, socks and belts maybe you should retire and get a job at Gap.

Or join a fashion forum, or maybe grow up so I don't have to continue to read this nonsense, unbelievable.

The first one was humerous, and I get your point, now your obnoxious.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you really have this much time on your hands?

Underwear, socks and belts maybe you should retire and get a job at Gap.

Or join a fashion forum, or maybe grow up so I don't have to continue to read this nonsense, unbelievable.

The first one was humerous, and I get your point, now your obnoxious.

Or you can choose to not read or comment if it disinterests you. This much time? It took all of a few minutes to post and comment...so yeh if a few minutes is a lot, then indeed I do.

But seriously, back on topic...it is a concern and others have chimed in and more will continue to do so as it is a valid issue and concern within our field.

And I never commented on belts or socks...only zippers.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Or you can choose to not read or comment if it disinterests you. This much time? It took all of a few minutes to post and comment...so yeh if a few minutes is a lot, then indeed I do.

But seriously, back on topic...it is a concern and others have chimed in and more will continue to do so as it is a valid issue and concern within our field.

And I never commented on belts or socks...only zippers.

Ok lets stay on topic. I have been picking out my under attire since I was sixteen, I know its a dangerous undertaken but I'm going continue to go it alone, I like to live on the edge.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
It all depends on what I have clean. I have jockey style, fitted boxers and regular boxers. If I don't have any clean then I go commando, most of the time I have clean underwear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harvey

Forum Lieutenant
Commando 100% of the time. just a habit from the military. no bunching up, great air circulation, ease of movement, plus there is the cool factor!

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I personally am still trying to find Nomex boxers to wear when I fly. LOL