What kind of underwear is best for EMS?

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
i just wear Hanes no ride up. They can be bought almost anywhere, they come in 4 packs, and they are only like 10 bucks, pretty good deal if i had to say so myself

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
...since I'm more of an IBTC member I really don't have to worry about hooters gettin' in my way.
More than a mouthfu...

Nevermind. I'm tired of being banned.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Have a question about socks. Seems like the proper place to post it.
I am VERY prone to in-between-the-toes blisters when walking any distance over about a half mile, no matter what type of footwear I have on. I usually get blisters in-between my big toe and second toe, or between the second and third toes. I've taken to wearing lightweight man-made fiber socks instead of good old-fashioned cotton. I've heard that toe socks (like gloves for your footsies) are pretty good at cutting down on inter-digital blisters. Anyone else heard that? Any sock tips for a noob?

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
fc81174_bump_of_the_gods.jpg

Have you tried wool? I used to rock your standard store brand cotton socks, but received a pair of merino wool socks from Duluth Trading Company last year and i have switch my entire wardrobe over to their lightweight wool socks for summer wear. They keep my feet nice and dry when the cotton socks used to get swampy.

In the winter they have a heavyweight wool and also a primaloft blend whoch are also excellent

MrJones

Iconoclast
fc81174_bump_of_the_gods.jpg

Have you tried wool? I used to rock your standard store brand cotton socks, but received a pair of merino wool socks from Duluth Trading Company last year and i have switch my entire wardrobe over to their lightweight wool socks for summer wear. They keep my feet nice and dry when the cotton socks used to get swampy.

In the winter they have a heavyweight wool and also a primaloft blend whoch are also excellent

Exactly this. Cotton is great in some ways but takes forever to dry once wet. Wool or synthetic is the way to go. Especially in the summer, I wear wool or synthetic t-shirts, underwear (boxer-briefs to stay on topic) and socks. And in the winter your base layer should be either wool or synthetic so that it will dry as quickly as possible. My current favorites are Ex Officio for synthetics and SmartWool for wool.

VCEMT

Forum Captain
On that note. I have used a sock to protect from chaffing, What I've had to do is, I buy those really long knee socks. Otherwise, I'd have to tape...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
It Depends!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Two words: Go commando.