-French press curls with curl bar, 3 sets of 10

Friday & Saturday routine
-Running and yoga

Medic

Forum Lieutenant
I have a body group a day routine.

Monday:
Back
-Lat pulldowns behind head and in front of head. (Start weight 50kgs - 70kgs, 3 sets)
-row bench 3 sets of 40kgs.
-Cable cross over’s. 3kgs-6kgs 3 sets

Tuesday:
Chest
-3 sets of bench 60-80-90
-3 sets of dumbbell bench 30-32
-Incline and decline bench press start 40 kgs - 60 kgs 3 sets of each.

Wednesday:
Biceps
-curls
-hammer curls
-concentration curls

Thursday
Triceps
-tri push downs
-kick backs

Friday
Shoulders
-military press (40kgs) 3sets front 3 back
-dumbbell press (24kgs) 3 sets
-Lateral raises

Saturday:
Legs and abs
-leg extensions (240kgs)
-leg raises (75kgs)
-leg curls (30kgs)
-calf raises (180-30)5reps on each weight till you get to 30
-sit ups for 4min 3 sets
-oblige extensions

Sunday rest

This is a very advansed work out routine.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Upper body stuff M-W-F, lower body on T-Th. If I work out on the weekend it's a mixture of some basic stuff for both but more concentrated on cardio. Oh, cardio is done everyday. With my slow metabolism I need it.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Just out of curiosity crash cart, how long have you been doing that routine? Because, with the exercises you listed, you are really only focusing on your arms, with a bit of back/chest involvement.

Second

Forum Lieutenant
I have a total gym I'm on about 3 days a week i mainly focus on upper body my lower body has always been in good form. In high school about 5 years ago I was pushing aroud 550 lbs leg presses almost right away in weight training, even now i have good muscle defonition.

Paula767807

Forum Ride Along
How to lift my end of the stretcher

I go to the gym twice a week. 10-15 minutes on the recumbent bike, continue heart rate level by moving from one resistance piece to the next and then back again. For example, leg press one set, lateral pulldown one set, then back to leg press and lateral pulldown again. Then I move on to two more machines, until I finish the entire workout. Then I do 10-15 minutes on the bike again. It is my habit to do the first set at a higher weight than the second. Essentially I have an hour of aerobic training this way. It seems to work for me to provide the strength I need and keep systems at "Go."

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Everyday Workout

51 cards of Push Ups
Diamonds = Diamond Pushup
Spade = Far Apart
Clover = Close Together
Heart = Chair Push Ups

Jack/Queen/King = 20
Ace = 1 or 11

3 sets of Squats
Reps of 20

Thats pretty much it
I've been wanting to go buy a bench press

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm assuming you don't go through the full deck of cards then? If I did my math right the whole deck should be 460 pushups total. That's insane if you do the full deck.

ccmedic

Forum Ride Along
My workout plan is nothing so elaborate. Every other day I do hammercurls: 3 sets of 25-30 reps with a 45 lb dumbbell. Follow this up with 40 pullups and 200 pushups in groups of 50.

On the "off days" in between I do 100 pushups in two groups of 50 and 150 situps in two groups of 75.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
I circuit train for an hour and a half. I always add weight after I reach 3 sets of 20 on each and every workout. So here it is.

Start with inclined squat machine.
Bench press
Preacher curls
Squats
Inclined situps at 45 degrees
Dips
Lumbar rows
Lat rows
Butterflies
Tricep curls

Next quarter I'll change up the workouts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Every morning when I get out of bed:

100-Pushups
100-Crunches
100-Prisoner Squats

Then after work I rotate workouts M-F (off weekends)

Day1 Back/Bi
Day 2 Chest/Tri
Day 3 Legs/Shoulders

One week is all Dumbbell the next is all Barbell mixed with machines (Hammer Strength)

Fredoman

Forum Probie
Every morning when I get out of bed:

100-Pushups
100-Crunches
100-Prisoner Squats

Then after work I rotate workouts M-F (off weekends)

Day1 Back/Bi
Day 2 Chest/Tri
Day 3 Legs/Shoulders

One week is all Dumbbell the next is all Barbell mixed with machines (Hammer Strength)

I have been doing the 3x100 the last 10 days as well as mixing heavy weight training. I found it a great way to increase my range of motion and warm-up for a workout or the day.

Very easy to do with no equipment and can be completed in 10 minutes or throughout the day.

I went from a flabby 290 to a solid 205 in about 2 years. With a little help from Golden gloves boxing, lots of swimming, and weight training Im in the best shape of my life.

It can be done, I think Ali put it best...

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.- Muhammad Ali

Fredoman

Forum Probie
For those of you in the Phoenix area. Glendale Community college offers a Fitness and conditioning for Firefighters class. It is required for students in the Academy but can also be taken by anybody. It is a 3 credit course held everyday of the week and times vary by day.

Great way to slowly get back in Shape or increase strength and agility.
A few girls in my class have blown me away and many times outshine the men who outweigh them, contact your local FD for workout routines too.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday I do full body work out of the bowflex and this ab routine from the P90x video. Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday I do cardio on my elliptical. I take Fridays off because I have school all day then go to work after that.

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday I do full body work out of the bowflex and this ab routine from the P90x video. Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday I do cardio on my elliptical. I take Fridays off because I have school all day then go to work after that.
That's way too much training with the full body workouts, you're overtraining. Split it up with different muscle groups throughout the week.

HatchetHarry

Forum Crew Member
For the past year or so Ive done a 3 day split

Chest/Tris

Flat barbell/dumbell
Incline barbell/dumbell
Incline Flys/Cable Crossovers/Pec Dec Flys
Weighted Dips
Lying Triceps Extensions/sitting skullcrushers
Triceps Pressdown

Back/Bis
Deadlifts
Pullups
Lat Pull down
2 kinds of rows
EZ Bar Curls
Hammer Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Calf Raise
Military Press/sitting DB Press
Lateral Raises
Front Raises

I just switched to a full body routine while I try to cut down to sub 10% BF for summer

I alternate between these 2 workouts nwo

Workout A
Squats
Military Press
Weighted Dips
Bent Over Rows
Shrugs
Calf Raises

Workout B
Deadlifts
Bench Press(any form)
Upright Rows
Pull ups
Farmers Walks

with Low intensity cardio done after lifting and HIIT done on offdays with ab work

HatchetHarry

Forum Crew Member
That's way too much training with the full body workouts, you're overtraining. Split it up with different muscle groups throughout the week.

3x a week for full body routine is fine and + he said hes using the bowflex so I dont think he has to even worry about overtraining...

Fredoman

Forum Probie
For the past year or so Ive done a 3 day split

Chest/Tris

Flat barbell/dumbell
Incline barbell/dumbell
Incline Flys/Cable Crossovers/Pec Dec Flys
Weighted Dips
Lying Triceps Extensions/sitting skullcrushers
Triceps Pressdown

Back/Bis
Deadlifts
Pullups
Lat Pull down
2 kinds of rows
EZ Bar Curls
Hammer Curls

Legs/Shoulders
Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Calf Raise
Military Press/sitting DB Press
Lateral Raises
Front Raises

I just switched to a full body routine while I try to cut down to sub 10% BF for summer

I alternate between these 2 workouts nwo

Workout A
Squats
Military Press
Weighted Dips
Bent Over Rows
Shrugs
Calf Raises

Workout B
Deadlifts
Bench Press(any form)
Upright Rows
Pull ups
Farmers Walks

with Low intensity cardio done after lifting and HIIT done on offdays with ab work

You could add some power cleans to your day 2 routine, just thought I would add my 2 cents. Your deadlifts and upright rows are great, if you added the additional workout you would get the explosive power you may be looking for.

281mustang

Forum Lieutenant
3x a week for full body routine is fine and + he said hes using the bowflex so I dont think he has to even worry about overtraining...
If you're done recovering after 48 hours, then it sounds like your workout didn't last a whole lot longer then a few minutes.:wacko: