what is the difference between a county EMT card and a county EMT card?

jamontero0001

Forum Probie
I've obtained my NR card, but I am applying in multiple counties. Do I really need a card for every county. That's like $100 a pop! Is that where there state card comes into play? I live in CA, how do I get one?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the most screwed up state in the country in terms of EMS administration. It could be worse- you could be in Maryland where the patient care is the most screwed up.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've obtained my NR card, but I am applying in multiple counties. Do I really need a card for every county. That's like $100 a pop! Is that where there state card comes into play? I live in CA, how do I get one?

california got rid of county cards. now they just issue a state card. (but some counties want you to have an extended scope of practice)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Even when the counties issued the individual card, the EMT card was technically good state wide. However some counties required other endorsements, such as an expanded scope of practice accreditation or "Ambulance Attendant License." This was the entire problem with people going hours away so that they could go to one of the handful of counties that didn't require a background check.

Joe

Forum Captain
california got rid of county cards. now they just issue a state card. (but some counties want you to have an extended scope of practice)

as of when? im pretty new and i had to get my kern card to apply for kern jobs. we dont have expanded scope either

JPINFV

Gadfly
as of when? im pretty new and i had to get my kern card to apply for kern jobs. we dont have expanded scope either

July 2010 under the EMT2010 project.

Joe

Forum Captain
Awesome! That's going to be way easier now!

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant

however, some counties will still make you certify in their county to be able to work there. Separately. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE THE STATE CARD!! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

signed,
emt who is driving 50 minutes away to go file paperwork within the next few weeks for a county i barely run calls in <_<

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
however, some counties will still make you certify in their county to be able to work there. Separately. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE THE STATE CARD!! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

signed,
emt who is driving 50 minutes away to go file paperwork within the next few weeks for a county i barely run calls in <_<

What county is that in?? The only ones I have seen that are the counties that require you to have the extended scope.