What does your significant other do?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
RN in the Burn ICU. Her hours are just as screwed up.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Did she decide on RCHS? I'm doing it now; it's working well so far.
Shes still looking at that or COM since we moved down to the island.

highglyder

Forum Crew Member
Stay at home mom. It's what she wanted to do, even after teaching in a college for a couple years. It makes it much easier not dealing with child care, coordination of schedules and vacation time, zero participation in the rat race of 9-5ers. Sometimes it sucks only having one income, but being in Ontario I really can't complain. :)

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
These days she's a stay at home mom. She used to work in food service for a major company. Loved the work, hated the way she got treated (she was salary and work 60+ hours a week). She's also extremely squeamish so I can't talk to her about pretty much anything that happens at work. Makes it a little hard sometimes.

LaceyA

Forum Crew Member
My Husband Is a heavy equipment operator and does not understand EMS schedule at all :(

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey bro, she wants you.
Hahaha all I got to offer is a few hundo in the bank, a crappy schedule, little to no life for the next few years, and moving a bajillion miles away after graduation. It's like the blue light special over here. :D

SavesWithGrace

Forum Ride Along
Single mum of two special needs teens - 11 years. Haven't even tried to date in the last 8 years. I just left an 18-year marketing career and became and AEMT on night shift. If there WAS a remote chance I would start dating it's now completely out of the question, LOL! I guess I have two 100-lb Alaskan Malamutes, so I'll just be that crazy husky lady or whatever.

Traumawaffles

Forum Crew Member
Boyfriend seems to be handling it well. He works for a railroad company. But otherwise he seems ok. For now lol.

Jane

Forum Crew Member
He's in culinary school. The real challenge will come with I actually get hired onto an agency. Hopefully it doesn't scare him off.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
He's in culinary school. The real challenge will come with I actually get hired onto an agency. Hopefully it doesn't scare him off.
Why would it scare him off?

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
She's a vet tech, both of us still in undergrad though.

Funny the number of vet-related SO's. In our case we are polar opposites. I really don't care to work with any animal other than a service K9, and she absolutely hates people in general. Our conversations are well-rounded.

Charity

Forum Probie
He's a full-time Electrical Engineering student. Polar opposite professions, but we both understand how hard the other person is going to have to work!