Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
And the Interior:

6705 interior1.jpg

6705 interior2.jpg

6705 interior 3.jpg

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Looks like a well designed interior there. No squad bench and it looks like the monitor can be secured on the platform between the captain's chairs. Do you guys have radio equipment installed within reach from there too as well?

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
No, the radio equipment is accessable from the CPR seat and the normal captains chair. The monitor is not able to be secured to the platform those belts are to strap down the second patient. It would be nice if you caould secure the monitor to it though.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I ride in this...

old%20rig.jpg

Untill we get these done...

new%20rig.jpg

It'll be VERY nice. I'm 6'1" and being able to actually have some room in the truck will be welcome. (Of course, a new truck is always a welcome addition.)
Our company just bought 8 of these Crestlines, and another 8 are on the way.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
we just got this one :)
2010 Ford 450
0616092000c.jpg

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I ride in this...
It'll be VERY nice. I'm 6'1" and being able to actually have some room in the truck will be welcome. (Of course, a new truck is always a welcome addition.)
Our company just bought 8 of these Crestlines, and another 8 are on the way.

Looks like the Crestline "Commander" (based on the recessed wheel cowlings). A very nice truck to work in for space. You'll still be stooping to move around and watch your head on that grab bar. (Make sure you have lots of extra florescent bulb, the crestlines are brutal for burning them out.)

We need to copy those Euorpean box designs, tonnes of head room in them.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
Could there be a more quintessential prarie EMS picture? :D

I was JUST thinking that! :p

I've worked out of a number of Crestlines, FleetMax, Apex, New Era, Legends, and Commanders. They're all nice - some better than others. Demers, I don't like... Unless you get into the MX170's.

n7lxi, You should enjoy those Crestline Apex's! They're quite nice, and a lot less nerve wracking to drive, as they're not as wide as the full size mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I was JUST thinking that! :p

I've worked out of a number of Crestlines, FleetMax, Apex, New Era, Legends, and Commanders. They're all nice - some better than others. Demers, I don't like... Unless you get into the MX170's.

n7lxi, You should enjoy those Crestline Apex's! They're quite nice, and a lot less nerve wracking to drive, as they're not as wide as the full size mods.

Our new trucks are all Demers, and maybe it's the options we chose for this round, but I prefer them hands down in all but aesthetics. More space in the cab for personal gear, driver and passenger side compartments for equipment, with enough extra room for my gear bag for the day, control layout, etc. Oh and they don't have that weird sqeaking some of the Crestline "new ages" get at the point where the cab meets the box. Drove me up the way on long bumpy drives.

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
All the services I've worked for have had Crestlines exclusively, I'm judging the demers purely from my observations - it seems like the fit & finish in the mod is just not up to par with the Crestlines, and it appears as though it would be awful to try to clean after a call that goes south; lots of nooks & crannies for bodily fluids to linger.

Whats your opinion of this, Wolfmanharris? And, have any interior shots of those new Demers?

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
Can a forum moderator encode my pictures so they appear in the post instead of an attachment and tell me how to do it and heres another pic from gustav maybe some of your guys trucks are in here . BTW I was leading convoys of 30 + units around the area the first night.THats really fun .Heres a few from the evacs. Once someone tells me how to encode I will post a Gustav Pic topic

The second pic fourth truck back is my agency's truck. The one with the red and blue stripe and rectangular leds. I just noticed it was there.

paccookie

Forum Lieutenant
uga_Medic8114

DeKalb Fire has red units, Newton County has Lime units, those two I can think off of the top of my head

I'm pretty sure Tift County or Mitchell County has orange trucks. One of them is all orange and the other has orange accents, but I can't remember which one has what. Monroe County has red trucks. Crisp County is blue with white accents.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Why does a Sheriff Dept have an ambulance?
In some areas, Law Enforcement also does EMS... it's pretty rare, though. In those areas, FD doesn't do it, there's no muni 3rd, and no private companies that can do 911... go figure. It does make for an easier time starting up a tactical medic program.

squrt29batt12

Forum Crew Member
We've got mainly type-1's with about 7 type-3's. The type-3's are mainly equipped for bariatric patients.

2isgqw0.jpg

2hzlezr.jpg

2e3pr9v.jpg

16j0tuc.jpg

our ALS units are mostly the newer model (2008-2009) fords with new grills, and the BLS units are 2002-2007 models. i'll post a photo of the interior and equipment tomorrow in my next post!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just to let you know, van types like that are type II's, Type 1s are boxes on truck frames, TYpe III's are boxes on van frames.

They do look good though. I'm weird I like Type II's, since that's what I spent a lot of time on doing IFTs. A box seems to big to work in for me.

Trailpatrol

Forum Crew Member

There are a lot of police/paramedic agencies in this country. There are a pretty good number of them in Michigan Sheriff's departments. Los Angeles County has mountain rescue paramedic deputies. Nassau County, NY, runs full ALS ambulances on Long Island. Most of them, but not all are non-transporting. Some do the transport, too. I think it was New Orleans, up until a few years back the cops actually patrolled in ambulances, did traffic stops, etc. and responded to EMS calls. NYPD's Emergency Services Unit has their own rigs to transport their own officers if they are injured. (They ran some of the last Caddy ambulances in New York.)

In some places, cops have been doing EMS since before it was called EMS. It all depends on the community needs and desires.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

I know it has been a while since you asked, but I have been out of the loop and I assume you were asking about me.

When my service started in 1972, the county needed someone to cordinate to service so apparently they gave it to the County Sheriff (well undersheriff I guess.) That was in the days before my county even had fire protection.