What does your agency ride in...

RJ80

Forum Ride Along
We've got one of those but it's getting a little long in the tooth. We also just got an MX 144 and our spare is a type II.

northernnhmedic

Forum Probie
I work at 4 squads that have 10 trucks between the 4 of them.

The first squad I work for, Gorham EMS, has 2 trucks. 33A1 is a 2007 Ford E450 with a 172" AEV box on the back, 33A2 is a 2010 Chevrolet G4500 with an identical box.

My second squad, Goveton Ambulance Corp. has 4 trucks. 32A1 is a 2002 Ford E450 with a 172" AEV box on the back. 32A2 is a 2006 Ford E350 with an AEV DR90 box. 32A3 is a 2011 Chevrolet G4500 with a 172" box.

The fourth squad I run with, 45th Parallel EMS, has 4 rigs. 45A1 and 45A2 are nearly identical early 2000's Ford E450s with full size Horton boxes on the back. 45A3 is a 4-wheel drive Ford F-450 with am AEV 148' box with air ride suspension that we accquired from another service we absorbed several years ago.

The volunteer squad I occasionlly pick up calls with has a 2009 4-wheel drive Ford F350 with a Wheeled Coach Citi-Medic box.

Ill try to post pictures when I have them.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
4a5f4f01-de88-cedd.jpg

I ride in this.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321196600.190865.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321196600.190865.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 462
Last edited by a moderator:

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
For General Medical Emergencies 2000 Ford F150:
5020505.jpg

Beriatric and Fire Calls 2008 Ford F350:
1297667.jpg

Cardiac Emergencies and MVAs 1994 Ford E350:
4529139.jpg

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Very odd way of splitting you units up. What happens when the "general medical emergency" turns into a cardiac patient that weighs 500+?

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
Very odd way of splitting you units up. What happens when the "general medical emergency" turns into a cardiac patient that weighs 500+?

Well it's a cardiac rig because it has a thumper on it :D

If the pt turns out to be 500+ we'll put the thumper on the bariatric rig

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yeah. I like it. Two full sets of ALS gear, because we run dual medics. There is a rumor that we'll be moving to SUVs to save money.

Easier to drive I'd bet, too. That's a pretty big truck for a non-transporting unit, do you guys do extrication as well?

NomadicMedic

Easier to drive I'd bet, too. That's a pretty big truck for a non-transporting unit, do you guys do extrication as well?

Nope, no extrication. We only carry a halogen, bolt cutters and a shovel. The load out doesn't fill the squad, but is currently a little too much for an SUV. Two backboards, a reeves, a fridge for hypothermia, a cooler for rehab water and an assortment of bags, boxes and two monitors. And each station has two trucks. One front line and one reserve.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
We use sprinters mostly out of our station, have two boxes and an assortment of old boxes and vanbulances. The 911 areas use mostly boxes with a few sprinters tossed in. 65 ambulances total I believe.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Nope, no extrication. We only carry a halogen, bolt cutters and a shovel. The load out doesn't fill the squad, but is currently a little too much for an SUV. Two backboards, a reeves, a fridge for hypothermia, a cooler for rehab water and an assortment of bags, boxes and two monitors. And each station has two trucks. One front line and one reserve.

Two sets of ALS gear and backboards/scoops in an SUV is pushing it, or it is for the services that I've seen. I like what you have posted above, keeps all the stuff relatively organized and isolated from the cab. Plus it doesn't look like the cab is any wider than the box, so I imagine it's like driving a pickup?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Where I work now we have 42 Ford E450s with RoadRescue Ultramedic boxes. We are in the process of replacing the entire fleet with Chevy G4500s and remounting the boxes. It's going to take a while though.

I would love to be good enough to eventually work in Wake County and run around in one of these.

20090104_app_400.jpg

NomadicMedic

Two sets of ALS gear and backboards/scoops in an SUV is pushing it, or it is for the services that I've seen. I like what you have posted above, keeps all the stuff relatively organized and isolated from the cab. Plus it doesn't look like the cab is any wider than the box, so I imagine it's like driving a pickup?

The box is wider and longer, but it's no worse than driving a big pick up. The reason we're going to switch is cost. The trucks are custom built and rather expensive. I'm not gonna lie, I love the squads. They're very cool. :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's gonna take some organizing to get all that gear in an SUV. I'd bet it turns out to be a Suburban or something of the sort. Those squads look new when are they thinking of making the switch?

NomadicMedic

That's gonna take some organizing to get all that gear in an SUV. I'd bet it turns out to be a Suburban or something of the sort. Those squads look new when are they thinking of making the switch?

Good question. We're scheduled to get two new replacement trucks next year... I'm hoping we do another cycle of squads. And yeah, a Suburban is what our Supervisor drives, and it may be the new response truck.

5216110077_7bf80c20a1_b.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yea, the squads are way cooler :p Both are good looking trucks though. Our old supe truck is a suburban the new one is a chevy 2500 extended cab.

Needless to say but it looks like you have a pretty cool setup out there!

CHITOWNMEDIC

Forum Probie
Freightliner/Sprinter from Medix Ambulance Builders.

Does anyone have one of the Sprinter's made by Medix Ambulance builders in Elkhart,Indiana with the modular box (Metro Express MN 86) on that chassis yet ? Any comments ( + or - ) appreciated ...

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Where I work now we have 42 Ford E450s with RoadRescue Ultramedic boxes. We are in the process of replacing the entire fleet with Chevy G4500s and remounting the boxes. It's going to take a while though.

I would love to be good enough to eventually work in Wake County and run around in one of these.

20090104_app_400.jpg

1) Those things are overrated. We have all sorts of reliability problems with them, and they're dangerous because you aren't as visible as an ambulance when you're driving code3.

2) That's the cleanest I've ever seen the downtown station and I have no idea where those flags came from.

3) If you're riding as an APP in one of those, you get to ride around the county doing wellness checks on system abusers. Not a glorious job, but it gives us more supervisor level units around the county for high level calls and they do good work with at risk elderly patients.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
1) Those things are overrated. We have all sorts of reliability problems with them, and they're dangerous because you aren't as visible as an ambulance when you're driving code3.

2) That's the cleanest I've ever seen the downtown station and I have no idea where those flags came from.

3) If you're riding as an APP in one of those, you get to ride around the county doing wellness checks on system abusers. Not a glorious job, but it gives us more supervisor level units around the county for high level calls and they do good work with at risk elderly patients.

You totally just rained on my parade :rofl: