What do you carry? - The mega thread

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
i wear a full lbe with a total of 11 different pouches. in them is the following:

64 bandaids in various sizes
50 gauze pads in sizes
3 ob kits
3 ppe kits
4 scopes
4 bp cuffs
3 burn sheets
opa's
npa
3 cannulas adult and pedi
3 masks adult and pedi
3 nebbies
3 btls sterile water
3 btls nacl
micro o2 tank
protable o2 tank
frac pac
compact traction splint
aed
emt text book
field guide
pdr
m16

probably a few more things. i liek to be prepared......

Wow, got pics? I'm curious to see how it all fits.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
sorry, classified until the patent is approved...

anyway, my real list goes more like this

everyday, work or not
cell
sunglass case
butts
lighter
tin
wallet

working
field guide
spanish for med
shears
portable radio in the truck. grab it when i get out, when i remember

Emtgirl21

Forum Lieutenant
its funny looking at some of the things that are listed as things like only liking a certain type of pen or carrying things a certain way. The guys at work make fun of me because i have to have three pens....not two not four three and everything has to go or face a certain way in my pockets...they swear i'm ocd.

hitechredneckemt

Forum Crew Member
im what they call in my area of southeastern ohio a ems wacker i have glove pouch cell phone two radios and a pager

TripsTer

Forum Crew Member
i wear a full lbe with a total of 11 different pouches. in them is the following:

64 bandaids in various sizes
50 gauze pads in sizes
3 ob kits
3 ppe kits
4 scopes
4 bp cuffs
3 burn sheets
opa's
npa
3 cannulas adult and pedi
3 masks adult and pedi
3 nebbies
3 btls sterile water
3 btls nacl
micro o2 tank
protable o2 tank
frac pac
compact traction splint
aed
emt text book
field guide
pdr
m16

probably a few more things. i liek to be prepared......

how do you carry a portable O2 tank in your belt or pockets?

All I have on my belt is my radio. My pockets hold my shears, gloves, etc.

StrokedOut

Forum Crew Member
- radio (usually on)
- my cell phone
- pouch for extra gloves (contains extra gloves)
- holder which holds my trauma shears, mag light & penlight

... on my "to get for belt" list:
- fuzzy handcuffs
- portable refrigerator
- ice cream sandwiches (to go INSIDE the fridge of course)
- puppies
- picture of my mom
- cribbage board & cards
- extra roll of toilet paper

emtwannabe

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, I'll go with the extra roll of toilet paper, but wouldn't you like to carry a place to use said same in privacy????:p

omak42

Forum Crew Member
usually i have my two-way radio, minitor, cell phone, and company pager on my belt.

and in my varios pockets i carry:
EMT-B/I field guide
a little flip notebook to write in
trauma shears
pen light
couple sets of gloves
pair of forceps
window punch(because of the volume of mvc's in my area)
and a couple of pens

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
Im a Duty Belty and Backpack kinda guy myself. Mainly due to that we are usually stuck on our trucks for the whole 14hrs of our shifts on the city streets.

On the Belt from front working counter-clockwise from above
Nylon Belt snaps scattered around
Conterra Trauma Pro 2000 Radio Holster (holds gloves, shears, radio w/ shoulder mic)
Benchmade Seatbelt cutter (model 5) w/ ballistic nylon holster
Gerber multi-tool w/ ballistic nylon holster
Surefire 6P with speed draw holster
Key Clip
Personal Nextel

BDU Pockets
R Cargo: handful of gloves, 2" "Grady" Tape
L Cargo: wallet
R Rear: empty
L Rear: Benchmade 530SBK knife
R&L front: miscellaneous change and junk

Backpack:
Traffic Vest, Protocol Book, Spare flashlight batteries and bulb, Ped Sp02 sensor (hard to find around here), personal OTC Meds, Snacks, Nalgene water bottle, Rechargeable poly-stinger, socks, Grady EMS T-shirt, Leather work gloves, safety glasses, stethescope, digital camera, Clip board, extra paperwork, mapbook, Rain coat and pants as needed strapped to outside.

I think thats it...:wacko:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I carry a fully stocked ambulance on my belt

RedZone

Forum Lieutenant
Interfacility: Alphanumeric pager which dispatch uses to send job info. (Narcotics / NEXTEL in pockets).

911: Narcotics and portable radio holster.

My shears, 02 wrench, penlight (assuming it hasn't broken yet or fell off of me) are in one BDU style pocket on my pants and gloves go in the other.

Protocol book and map always in the driver's compartment and my stethescope on my neck and I'm good to go anywhere.

firedoc

Forum Ride Along
pager, cell phone & gerber tool. You can always tell how new a person is by how much they carry on their belt. The rest of the crap goes in the jump bag to rummage through later.

sdadam

DialedMedics.com
Let's see I have;

Page, Cellphone, Badge, Flashlight, Rescue Hook, Radio, 02 Wrench, Glove Pouch, Portable Suction, a C-collar, and my Rig Keys. That's my belt.

In my pockets I have;
More Gloves, Pens, Safety Glasses, Notebook, Protocol Book, Wallet, Shears, NS Flushes, Electrodes, Alcohol Wipes, Hemostats, Pocket Knife, Pen Lights, Backboard, NRB, Nasal Canula. Combi-Tube, and a D-cylinder.

Oh and I put my stethoscope around my neck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aileana

Forum Lieutenant
on belt: CPR mask in pouch, pair of gloves, radio (when on duty).

pockets: more gloves, pocket knife (sometimes), keychain flashlight, cell phone, several pens, notepad.

Trailpatrol

Forum Crew Member
Life Belt?

I worked as bikemedic at a Triathlon/Half-Ironman last weekend, and I was amazed at what some of these athletes carry on their belts. That have bottles of energy gel, bars and such, but no water. (It was 87 degrees and sunny out.) Some of them had belts to rival Batman.

When I am on bike, I usually keep my penlight, scissors, 'scope, bp cuff and such, as well as a Bloodstopper and Kling strapped to the inside lid of my bike bag. That way it is all there with the AED when I open the pack. I have two bottles of water, and when it is that hot, I wear a Camelbak.

ems_rrpII_Lg.jpg

Ride safe,
Hans

Aileana

Forum Lieutenant
^is the camelbak provided to you by your employers, or do you have to buy your own?
when I'm on walk patrols at duties I cover for St. John, we get a large fanny pack with our supplies, but its usually easier to just sling over my shoulder :p

Trailpatrol

Forum Crew Member
We are volunteers. We pay for our own gear, bikes, uniforms, etc. but our jerseys, bike shorts, radios and hydration packs are provided at a substantial discount through the National Mountain Bike Patrol (www.nmbp.org) which is like the National Ski Patrol without skis.

Be safe,
Hans

thecroc

Forum Ride Along
on my belt i have
my pants
in 1 pouch i have
a penlight
a pen
paper
gloves
a cpr mask
and some times (not for on calls) a digitall camera
and most of the time my pager
some of the time my ham raido
and the odd little bro and or sis my bros are 13 10 and my sisters are 6 and 16 years old