Keys
CPR Mouthshield
Flashlight (only when working)
Pen

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
as our county radios weigh well over 10 pounds, it's a wonderful thing

10 lbs? Where do you work, Bedrock? :p

As for me, I carry my cell and the company Nextel on my belt, and everything else (Scissors, keys with keyring flashlight, pens, flip-guide, hospital swipe cards/ID, breath mints, wallet, pocket calendar, extra nitrile gloves) stashed in various pockets. I carry only nitriles as a spare in the event we encounter a latex-intolerant pt.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
10 lbs? Where do you work, Bedrock? :p
Ok... not quite 10 pounds... but it still likes to try to pull my pants down if I clip it on my belt, hence the New York Strap.
(extra nitrile gloves) stashed in various pockets. I carry only nitriles as a spare in the event we encounter a latex-intolerant pt.
What if YOU are the latex-intolerant one?;)
I keep 1 pr. of nitrile in my back pocket all the time... I use them for anything... I try to NOT use them as gloves for patient contact, because I sit on them, and heat can decay them... I often change them out by wearing them when I pump gas.

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
company pager
razor knife (cuts seatbelts like butter)
3 "aa" maglight 3 watt luxeon star led flashlight
trama shears
pen light
gloves (in pocket)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh yeah, and bullhorn for the HOH! just kidding-almost!:p :p

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
My god, you guys must look like a walking Home Depot! :O

I carry:
* Gerber multitool. Useful for cutting open that stubborn candy bar wrapper.
* My County EMS badge.

pockets have my wallet, a few bucks to feed vending machines, my Motorola RAZR, a pen, and a penlight. My left leg pocket has a glove pocket.

Other than that, I don't carry much else. The important stuff is in the trauma bag. My steth usually hangs around my neck, but sometimes I'll just stuff it in the trauma bag. I'm too likely to forget important stuff if I have too much of it.

The company radio/nextel goes in my pocket as well.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Bundle of Keys
Handcuff key
Chain x 2
Glove holder
CPR microshield
Flashlight
Pager
Radio
Handcuffs
Ring of chits
Identification wallet
Holder with signature stamp and printed stamp
Another case with a highlighter, sharpie and inkpens
Sony Clie' PDA

All on my belt...talk about back problems

thats not the cause of your back problems. Its the same as mine. Too much time at the dinner table.:p

Silverado94

Forum Probie
Pager
Kenwood Radio
Motorola Razr
Wallet
Smith & Wesson mm Handgun (I have a Concealed weapon permit) never goes on calls though.
Thats about it besides keys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Pager
Kenwood Radio
Motorola Razr
Wallet
Smith & Wesson mm Handgun (I have a Concealed weapon permit) never goes on calls though.
Thats about it besides keys.

Where are you from? are you also in law enforcement? Why do you carry a handgun? I know I sound like a little kid, but the last person I knew that carried a handgun was my father in law. He was an administrative law judge and had threats made against his life. I know in California, those permits are near to impossible to get. B)

Silverado94

Forum Probie
Nope not in law enforcement. But I’m from North Dakota and the permits are fairly easy to get unless you have a felony or history of mental disease or the sheriff just doesn't think you are worthy enough to have it but our sheriff I know him well and he's a good guy. The reason for carrying the gun is because I am willing to do anything to protect my wife’s life and my own. I have been robbed by knife point on a dark street in a bigger city and I will never let it happen again when in called the police all they said was I was the 5th that night. But the fact that he snuck up behind me and put the knife to my throat was enough to make me realize. I hope you don't think I’m some gun toting redneck. That’s just a misconception some people make. I've always had the Handgun and a number of other guns but never got the permit so that robbery may have opened my eyes a bit. Any other questions please feel free to ask away.

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
On belt:
glove pouch w/2 pair gloves
mini mag-lite
cell phone

In pockets on BDU leg (out of sight):
shears
pen lite
pens
notebook

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
No I would never think anything like that! But I will tell you, you come from some dam cold winters! my folks are just below you in South Dakota, I miss fishing for Walleyes with my dad!

Silverado94

Forum Probie
Yup plenty cold up here. Theres some good fishing in South Dakota i live next to the border so i spend plenty money and time down there haha.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Silverado94;45082But I’m from North Dakota and the permits are fairly easy to get unless you have a felony or history of mental disease or the sheriff just doesn't think you are worthy enough to have it but our sheriff I know him well and he's a good guy.[/QUOTE said:
Ah, if we only had that luxury here. We don't. It sucks. :p

North Dakota is gorgeous. If I could find a job up there, I'd move there in a heartbeat!

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
Belt: Shears, Glove Pouch, Radio, Cellphone, Pager
Pockets: Pens, Penlight, Quick Reference, Stethoscope

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Most health care institutions do not allow weapons or concealed weapons except for LEO. There is a reason for it as well. I hope most EMS is smart enough to consider the same.

That is all I need is a gun toting medic to try take a shot.... No thanks! I much rather take my chances of trying to be aware of my surroundings (including people) and taking a course like Kip's.

The first medic I see carrying a weapon (knife or gun) gets to go home...
I don't care if they have a permit, license, bonded etc...

I leave the shots fired to the professional (SWAT) etc. and they only have about an 85% accuracy while under pressure.

R/r 911

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Um, nothing really. Just my nextel in a bit of a heavy duty holder that completely covers it so that I don't drop it accidently. And I usually keep my pager clipped inside my pocket. Sometimes I have a pouch for an extra pair of gloves on my belt.