What do you all have on your personal vehicles

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I just updated my mobile whacker wagon.. which is what I'm calling my POV now.

I'll have to get a pic later when I try to take my DOF radio out.

ECC

Forum Captain
On the back of my truck:

DSCN0010.jpg

On the front is a 9/11 memorial license plate.

DSCN0008.jpg

I have a Havis Shields center console that I have a switch box, CB and, a scanner.

In the Toolbox, I have a PW Foam Can with a little anitfreeze, and a first aid bag...no airway stuff anymore.

I do have my old trauma bag fro long trips though.

rescuemedic7306

Forum Crew Member
I Have an IAFF sticker front and back, and a bunch of rust.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuemedic7306@May 17 2005, 01:17 PM
I Have an IAFF sticker front and back, and a bunch of rust.
I've got extra rust... and bondo...

rescuejew

Forum Lieutenant
ECC: Awesome memorial to our fallen brothers

As for me: I'm a sticker girl.
One DCEMS (me dept) sheild
Thin blue line (my sister is the PO-lice)
A yellow ribbon in support of our toops
A black ribbon for POW/MIA

Theres a BLS jumpbag in the trunk, and a couple of American flags flying from the rearview. God bless this country and all of you ;)

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by rescuejew@May 21 2005, 11:59 PM
ECC: Awesome memorial to our fallen brothers

Thanks!

I was OTJ with FDNY EMS on 9/11...that shield is the real deal door sticker for a sedan that a friend gave to me upon my 'retirement' ;)

NEVER FORGET!

Stay safe!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I bought some "Proud American EMT" ribbon magnets on eBay from some fire equipment place near Albany, Ny. I have one of those, and I have a Support our troops and POW-MIA magnet ribbons. I have a small star of life, and I have one of the PA Ambulance Assn. EMT license plates. Only a 20 dollar donation gets ya one.. Cheaper than the PA Fireman's Assn.. They want 50.

I took pics of the new whacker stuff while I was hoping my wife would call and say she was staying at her mothers for the week. :D
I'll post those later.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
WHACKER004.jpg

Left to right:
Oxygen Bag:
D Cylinder w/ toggle, cylinder sleeve, bite stick, OPA's, Adult Reg-Adult Large-Infant-Child BP Cuffs, Littman Steth, Adult NAS Can, Pedi Nas Can, Adult NRB, Pedi NRB, Infant NRB, gloves, glucose, penlight, ppe kit, 1 roll kling, 1" transpore, cravat, puke bag, patient info list & pen, scissors, ring cutter.

OB Box:
OB Kit, 2 pairs of cord clamps, cord scissors, sterile gloves, sterile gown, goggles, face masks, Neonate & infant OPA's, two swaddlers, bio bag, Neonate BVM, infant BVM.

Trauma Bag:
4 Trauma dressings, 8 packs of Kerlix sponges, 2 bulky gauze rolls, 6 rolls of kling, 2 rolls of transpore, 1 roll of 3" microsorb, SAM Splint, puke bag, 2 penlights, shears, scissors, hemostatic forceps, splinter forceps, 4 cravats, curity burn dressing, cold pack, hot pack, 20 4x4's, 10 3x3's, 5 2x2's, bandaids, eye pads, non stick dressings, vaseline gauze, asherman chest seal, burn sheet, 500ml saline, 3" & 4" elastic bandages, first aid cream, tourniquets, foot/ankle air splint, mylar blanket, glucose, gloves, 5 5x9's.

Collar Bag:
(1) Pedi, (1) Pedi Adjustable, (2) Infant No Neck, (3) Short, (2) No Neck, (2) Regular, (1) Tall, (3) Adult Adjustable, (2) 15" Padded board splints, (10) Cravats

Rear, Middle
Airway Box: (1) Adult BVM, (1) Child BVM, (1) Infant BVM; (2) Child Masks, (1) Neonate Mask, (1) Ambu Suction Pump, (1) Replacement suction Bottle, (1) Demand Valve w/ Adult Mask, (9) Nasal Airways, (8) Sizes Oral Airways, (1) Bite Stick, (12) Packets KY Jelly, (1) CPR Mask valve-fits on all BVM masks, (2) rolls oxygen tubing, (2) Face Masks, (2) Goggles, (4) pairs of gloves, (1) Shears

Rear
Vehicle Trauma Bag (this is the only one I always carry with me)
(4) Trauma Dressings, (10) Kerlix Sponges 4x4, (10) Rolls of Kerlix 4", (4) 1" Transpore, (2) 3" Dermicel, BP Cuff, Sprague Steth, (1) 24FR NPA, (1) 26FR NPA, (1) 28FR NPA, (1) Adult BVM, (1) Pedi BVM, (4) Packets KY Jelly, (50) 4x4's, (25) 3x3's, (1) 1000ml Saline, (1) Burn Sheet, (2) Curity Burn Dressing, gloves, glucose, (2) cold packs, (2) SAM Splints, (6) Cravats

Orange Bag:
(2) 54" Padded Splints, (4) 34" Padded Splints, (2) 15" Padded Splints, (1) 24" FOX Splint.

I've cut down to seven bags... There used to be eleven. See, I'm a recovering whacker!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
OMG, I thought my trunk was bad. Now I feel better, LOL

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by rescuecpt@May 22 2005, 10:57 PM
OMG, I thought my trunk was bad. Now I feel better, LOL
I just put that stuff in there for the photo. There is no room in the back, it's full of bunker gear and other stuff. That's why I only carry the one little bag.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
:eek: Damn.

That's all I can say. Damn. :lol:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by usafmedic45@May 22 2005, 11:17 PM
:eek: Damn.

That's all I can say. Damn. :lol:
It all sits on a shelf in the garage, I grab what I need, Usually just the Oxygen, Airway and collar bags. Since the VTK makes up for my trauma bag.

Time for bed, the oxy is makin me really loopy again. :mellow: :wacko:

ECC

Forum Captain
GREAT kooogily mooogily!

What, exactly, are you waiting for? The plane load of hemophiliacs to crash into the razor factory? Dont tell me you have a Yakima Ski Rack on your rig filled with backboards?!??!?!?

And what is up with the demand valve?!?!?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@May 23 2005, 05:22 AM
GREAT kooogily mooogily!

What, exactly, are you waiting for? The plane load of hemophiliacs to crash into the razor factory? Dont tell me you have a Yakima Ski Rack on your rig filled with backboards?!??!?!?
Probably.

I've got a rack on my car....I have thought about it.

And what is up with the demand valve?!?!?

I think that's there for me... I wanted one a while ago (now I have one) and TTLWHKR posted that just to say he's got 3 or 4....

Jon

ECC

Forum Captain
You realize, of course, that IS the epitomy of whackerdom!

I once was a 'whacker' I had lightbars, strobes etc...but never ever did I have more than 3 bags (Medical, Trauma and Airway) and my turnoputs in the truck. I never ever though of getting my own backboards....you guys have it bad!

I think it is time for Whackers-anonymous! Make the call! 1(800) WHACKER !

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
My M&M Criterion had a backboard box, wouldn't stay shut.

Nope, nothing mounted on top, light bar is in a box in the garage.

I just happen to have all the equipment.

My goal is a hare splint, and KED; I do have a wooden long board that I take w/ me when I do first aid stand by events. I'd like a plastic one now.

I've been fiddling with my box o' catalogs.. Whacker shock is setting in.. :blink:

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
yup..bringing a thread back from the dead cause thats what I do..:p anyways I have a FD plate on the front just below my regular license plate, I am planning on getting vol. FD plates then putting my squad half-plate on the front of my car, on the back I have a reflective small round sticker that says Emergency Medical Technician with a star of life in the middle, then I got a terrorist hunting permit lol and finally a custom-made reflective decal representing my FD

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
i have an emt sticker in my rear window and a half plate for my rs on the front i also have my nra sticker my bow hunting sticker as for inside jumpkit ballistics vest climbing gear and some other stuff

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
My husband talked me out of putting a bumper sticker on my car that read... "Don't take life so seriously, its not like its permanent"

mikie

Forum Lurker
Since the thread was rehashed, I guess I'll contribute...

I have a FF/EMT sticker on the read and small on on the front. I also have a few other stickers but unrelated.

Foam fire extinguisher (I got it at home depot I think)

I do have a 'big' first aid kit but nothing fancy:
-CPR barrier
-gloves (latex & non)
-gauze (2x2, 4x4 and one large dressing
-band aids of all sizes (a few non-latex as well)
-ace wraps
-tape
-kling roll
-SAM splint
-sterile water
-N95 mask & safety glasses (It was given to me by an old dept, so I figure I'd throw them in there)
-BP cuff (I got one for my EMT class, so I just threw it in there, but I don't usually have my 'scope with me, it's with my gear @ the firehouse)

I try not to be a whacker. It just sits under one of my rear seats and is rarely used unless I need a bandaid.

I used to have a small bottle of baby aspirin*, it expired and I have yet to replace it. I also sometimes have some Tylenol & Motrin (for personal / friends / family use only).

*What are your thoughts on administering it to a person who is having chest pain, but in a non-EMS related scenario (ie- @ home, friends, family or in public (like at a park or something). Obviously 911 or advise to go to ER too.

Last edited by a moderator: