What did you do with your patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
What did you guys do with your NREMT patch? Just wondering, I'm not exactly sure what it's for! haha.

And has anyone purchased any of their additional framing products? The cordova edition looks really cool and my mom is thinking about buying it to hang in the house. Do they send it with a duplicate certificate, or do you have to put yours back in?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I have all my patches, current certs, and expired certs in a binder to keep it all straight and organized.

Sasha

Forum Chief
What did you guys do with your NREMT patch? Just wondering, I'm not exactly sure what it's for! haha.

And has anyone purchased any of their additional framing products? The cordova edition looks really cool and my mom is thinking about buying it to hang in the house. Do they send it with a duplicate certificate, or do you have to put yours back in?

i have no idea where any of my patches are. if you work and are required to wear patches they should come sewnonto the shirt.

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
i have no idea where any of my patches are. if you work and are required to wear patches they should come sewnonto the shirt.

That's what I figured especially since they only send you one patch.

Aidey

Where I worked before I had to supply the NREMT patch because my employer couldn't order it for me since they were not NREMT certified and you have to have an NREMT number to get a patch.

I think they said they would pay me back for it, but since it was only a few dollars I didn't bother.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ah. My old company and the companies around here used state patch on right shoulder, ambulance companies patch on left shoulder. no one wears a NREMT patch.. you actually wear the nr patch, are you required to wear it by your company? its a non issue now, i wear scrubs at my new job!

emtfarva

Forum Captain
I can wear either patch on the right. I perfer to wear the MA state patch. The left is for the company patch.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I wouldn't mind wearing my NR patch, but I don't want to look like a certain non-specific body cavity cleaning device by being the only one that has two patches on. It's called a uniform for a reason.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I wouldn't mind wearing my NR patch, but I don't want to look like a certain non-specific body cavity cleaning device by being the only one that has two patches on. It's called a uniform for a reason.

a what? .10char

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Lmfao xD I love you guys

poppawilly

Forum Probie
i work for a fire/ems service. we are required to wear a nremt patch on our class A fire uniform shirt. patch is on the left. the patch nremt sent me is on a black flight jacket with other patches i have aquired while working in this profession.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
You're going to spend money to frame a certificate from a first aid course that doesn't even last as long as nurse's aide training? That's kind of like buying a gold ring to commemorate your 6th grade graduation. Let's keep this in perspective here. Thank your mom for the thought, but tell her to save her money for your college graduation, or the tuition it will take to get you there.

I sold my EMT patch to a guy who had flunked EMT school. He was a really nice guy and he really needed a job. Plus, he gave me five bucks.

By the way, where are these "framing products" anyhow? I don't see them on the NR website.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Our class A uniform requires a Registry patch on left shoulder, and right shoulder EMS patch. Nearly everyone in my state wears a NREMT patch if there is a patch to be worn. One looks funny or odd without it.

We do not have nor want a state patch.

R/r 911

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
We do not have nor want a state patch.
The NR patch has always been fugly. The latest revision is the ugliest ever. With all the rich, artistic heritage of Oklahoma, I'm sure that someone could come up with something that is more pleasing to the eye. Although personally, I say we don't need no stinking patches! :p

OP
OP
E

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
You're going to spend money to frame a certificate from a first aid course that doesn't even last as long as nurse's aide training? That's kind of like buying a gold ring to commemorate your 6th grade graduation. Let's keep this in perspective here. Thank your mom for the thought, but tell her to save her money for your college graduation, or the tuition it will take to get you there.

I sold my EMT patch to a guy who had flunked EMT school. He was a really nice guy and he really needed a job. Plus, he gave me five bucks.

By the way, where are these "framing products" anyhow? I don't see them on the NR website.

It's my mom, she's crazy like that. Her money, so I don't care that much, she'll do what she wants, haha.

Here's the framing - http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8978/1002681k.jpg

And it's only 80 dollars, so it's really not that much.

Aidey

I think that she is proud of you, and there is nothing wrong with her wanting to show that by getting a nice frame for your cert.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
yep, we will just get emt or paramedic tattoo'd to ourselves. then we don't need a patch. :glare:

Aidey

No no, we can't do that, it's too unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.