Welcome to the new EMTLife.com!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the new version of EMTLife.com!

Back in 2004 Matt (MMiz) launched this website with the hopes that EMTs and Paramedics all over the country would be come here to socialize and network. Over the next ten years the site has grown into the largest and most active discussion forum for the EMS industry.

Today, Matt (MMiz) and I are excited to show you YOUR new community. The new platform will help us build the site into more than just a forum. EMTLife is becoming known as the place to go for career advice, job searching, reviews of agencies and departments, and of course, recommendations on uniforms and equipment. We need this platform to help ensure that we’re able to continue offering this service.

A couple of quick points:
  • Everything is still here from the past. All the topics, threads, posts, private conversations, etc.
  • There are less images on each page which will result in faster load times
  • The forum design is responsive, which means it looks great on smartphones and tablets
  • We still offer access to the site via the Tapatalk app, but if you’re like us, you will prefer just coming to the site without it.
  • The platform has a much friendlier search engine, allowing for better results to your queries
  • You can ‘Like’ posts to show appreciation for good content
  • You can tag members or grab their attention by using the now common “@” symbol
With any new upgrade there’s bound to be bugs and things that need to be tweaked. We ask you for your patience as we work on these. If you come across any problems or have questions please post them in the Suggestions, Feedback & Forum Questions section. This will allow us to keep track of them. Thanks!

So without any further adieu, please look around and enjoy the new EMTLife.com!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Welcome to the new EMTLife!

Many thanks to Chimpie and the team for all of their help in making this upgrade possible. This is the first major forum upgrade since 2006.

Some of my favorite features include the "like" button attached to each post, the fancy WYSIWYG quick reply editor, and the slick, new interface.

Your constructive feedback is welcome!

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Thanks @MMiz. We couldn't have done it without you.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I like it. You were right about not needing tapatalk, too. Very nice. :D

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I just saw this has gone live and so far, I really like the interface on my phone. Much easier to work with! Can't wait to see it in a computer.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Do we have chat rooms still?

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Do we have chat rooms still?
Not at the moment, no. We're looking for a solution though.

I will say that's it's not too high on the priority list because not a lot of people have been using it.

Last edited:

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
I agree with everyone else that this is a much more modern, cleaner, functional version of the web site. You took an already good forum collection and really improved it. Quite the accomplishment.

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Chimpie: are we going to eventually be able to search for members by state/location? I'd like to be able to sift through the member list to find professionals in my neck of the woods to talk about local EMS issues or network. Maybe I'm missing how to do that, but I don't see that as an option yet.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I like the interface. Easy on the iPhone.

Not so keen on all the ads though, but I suppose someone has to make a little $ and pay the bills around here.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I like the interface. Easy on the iPhone.

Not so keen on all the ads though, but I suppose someone has to make a little $ and pay the bills around here.

I haven't seen any ads yet..

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I just saw this has gone live and so far, I really like the interface on my phone. Much easier to work with! Can't wait to see it in a computer.
Now that I'm at home and can actually take a look on my computer, I really like this new interface. My main question for anyone really, is this: are these the only smilies we're stuck with? What say you, @Chimpie ???

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I guess when I first visited I was not logged in. There were ads at the too and bottom of the pages.

Since I have logged in there have been no ads.

And that I like. :)