Wallet stolen

offthewall88

Forum Probie
I had my wallet stolen from me a few weeks ago, which is what I used to carry my AHA CPR card. How do I go about getting that card replaced? Typically, do I have to sit through another class and pay again or can I just pay for a replacement card and quickly get this sorted out?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Contact the instructor or the coordinator of the Community Training Site where you took the class. There is usually a nominal charge for a replacement card.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

offthewall88

Forum Probie
Thanks, I'll get right on that this coming week. Hopefully it's not too expensive for a replacement paper card.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Just another reason to make photocopies of everything in your wallet-- its a backup...

Stewart1990

Forum Crew Member
I just had that happen to me too, don't feel bad. All I had to do was go to my instructor and he said no problem. I panicked when I lost mine and even called the AHA to try to get a replacement.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Which is why I do not carry certs with me...only photocopies when on duty.

Over all the years of doing CPR on duty and as a bystander, I have never had anyone ask to see my card except when I applied for a job. Therefore, no need to carry--leave it at home.

Same goes for all your other alphabet soup cards.

Stewart1990

Forum Crew Member
Were required to carry our originals on us, if were gonna even think about getting on a truck, when i lost mine i was kicked off the trucks till i got my new one.

NJN

The Young One
Were required to carry our originals on us, if were gonna even think about getting on a truck, when i lost mine i was kicked off the trucks till i got my new one.

Same with Jersey, at least this is what I was told. Original CPR and EMT cards must be carried with you when operating as an EMT.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I am thinking the OP is not a working EMT based on what he wrote.

I was trying to encourage him in regards to leaving it at home, as it is not needed in your everyday life.

If his wallet was stolen while on duty, man I do not want to work there and if he was employed as an EMT, he would go to his training officer and get if replaced.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

Link the state statute or is it an employer requirement?

Stewart1990

Forum Crew Member
Link the state statute or is it an employer requirement?

Employer requirement. You have to be able to present it if a patient demands to see it.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I see, so a copy is no good....definitely have never had a patient ask for my cert.

I would carry copies regardless...yes I am a rebel.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I see, so a copy is no good....definitely have never had a patient ask for my cert.

I would carry copies regardless...yes I am a rebel.

Well I had a guy in asystole and as my partner was pumping his chest he (the patient) demanded he stop until he could see that he had current certifications. :rolleyes:

It would be more logical to have a copy on file at work. If asked inform them of office hours and that they are welcome to come down then and see it. But in reality unless taken to court no one but your employer will probably ever ask for it.

reaper

Working Bum
Some states do require that they be carried on duty. We can be stopped by the state at any time and asked for them. If you cannot produce them, you are off the truck!