Video RN screaming, dragged into police car d/t refused blood draw on unconscious patient!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well when the FBI is investigating for possible civil rights violations it’s hard not to take things seriously

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Let me see: a firing and a demotion. Sounds like I was a bit prescient on this. The case I was referring to (a little fuzzy on exact details) ended up with an officer fired and two others probably getting a letter of reprimand. This was back in about 2010, though as it turns out the fired officer didn't lose his POST. It did take him a little while to find a new job though, so that had to have hurt a bit! The sergeant that was also there at the time likely won't ever make Lt and may have retired.

Sure the case could have ended up also being a 1983 action as well against those officers but the city settled out of court. In the case we're discussing in the thread, it went "national" and that makes it much easier to rope the FBI into it. The (now fired) officer can still be charged in this case by the Feds too... This could end very, very badly for him.

Kevinf

Forum Captain
Also of note is that the police department didn't seem to take this seriously when it was reported privately. After a lack of action Wubbels went public, it went viral, and boom; suddenly we have apologies, retractions, demotions, firings, and outside investigations.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Also of note is that the police department didn't seem to take this seriously when it was reported privately. After a lack of action Wubbels went public, it went viral, and boom; suddenly we have apologies, retractions, demotions, firings, and outside investigations.
That’s the way it always works. They do what’s right when they have choice but to, and only then.

Alan L Serve

Forum Captain
I read the publicly available internal affairs report. They damned the sergeant and lieutenant, but they did so only after the massive public outcry. They even said so.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
In any case he got what he deserved.
If it was because of public outcry... then I guess the system of the voice of the people still works as it is supposed to.