Uninsured MVC

Sasha

Forum Chief
Wait a minute.. I thought you lived in Winter Springs?

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member

Sounds nice. Is that anywhere near Summer Falls? :p

:ph34r:

*poof*

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

I used to live in Winter Springs...got a new home this past September...I love our close and frequent communication. :)

Sasha

Forum Chief
I used to live in Winter Springs...got a new home this past September...I love our close and frequent communication. :)

Who's fault is that? You keep snubbing me when you are in. Florida!!

Why would you move out there? So you are close to where they hide bodies?

OP
OP
Mountain Res-Q

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Haven't been around for a few days. Trying to fix this mess and decided to take a break yesterday and help teach a girls camp rappelling techniques... Answers...

Yes, unisured moteorist might be covering this if it turns out she is not covered.

She was driving a compact 90's toyota 2wd piece of _____ car. My (very nice) Jeep is lifted and has majer roll bars, bumpers, and guards because of where I live. (It is also outfitted in ways that are difficult to reproduce in a rental or in a new car.) My car won and had I not swearved would likely have resulted in her death with no more damage to me than I have now. Here's a toast to EVOC.... eh?

Sasha... ignorance of the law is no excuse. Is she a bad person? No, not that I know. A bad driver? Accodring to the investigation. She was tailing someone else and ran the sign that the person in front of her was stopped at. She then lied to the Officers and changed her story several times in the course of 30 minutes. What does that tell you?

Yes, this sucks... I did nothing wrong except donate my holiday weekend to help others... and this is what I get... Right now I am leaving it in the hands of the Officers and the Insurance Companies... until them hash it out, I have to barrow a car from family for work, calls, training, etc...

OP
OP
Mountain Res-Q

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Sooo.... my *****in' Jeep is all better... mechanically at least. Minor cosmetic damage has yet to be repaired. Offiicial CHP report came our: 100% her fault, not mine... and yet her insurance is fighting it. Total costs to repair my car? $2,6XX. What they are willing to pay to fix my $5,500 (without my $3,000 SAR imporovements)? $1,2XX. So looks like my fight ain;t over yet... but I just got my vehicle back, washed her, threw my SAR gear back into her lock boxes, and took her for a trive through the mountains with her top off...

ahhh... I feel better... B)

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Glad things are kinda working out for ya! Yeah fighting the insurance company is going to be hard on this one. That's why your insurance company has lawyers! Don't be afraid to use them--this is what you pay every month for!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Sooo.... my *****in' Jeep is all better... mechanically at least. Minor cosmetic damage has yet to be repaired. Offiicial CHP report came our: 100% her fault, not mine... and yet her insurance is fighting it. Total costs to repair my car? $2,6XX. What they are willing to pay to fix my $5,500 (without my $3,000 SAR imporovements)? $1,2XX. So looks like my fight ain;t over yet... but I just got my vehicle back, washed her, threw my SAR gear back into her lock boxes, and took her for a trive through the mountains with her top off...

ahhh... I feel better... B)

picsorban

(of the sexy jeep)

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey man, some of us were really good teenage drivers. I was better than most of the other guys at my first EMS job!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This was an interesting read for me. I'm a member of a SAR unit in Washington State, and while I'm not active at the moment (life gets in the way) I do know that all of our volunteers are covered by the state the moment we call in with our DEM number to let the callout team know that we're responding.

So, even if we're in our POV driving to the trailhead or to the cache to pick up gear, our vehicle, for all intents and purposes, has become a State Emergency vehicle, and is covered under state insurance.

Might be worth checking into your State or County policies, you were, after all responding to the station to get the SAR rig.

If your accident happened in Washington, the state would have covered anything that private insurance didn't.