Things left behind.....

kittaypie

Forum Crew Member
i'm part time right now so i pick up random shifts. used to work nights though.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I see, i see

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Left my pager on the pump panel step of our engine once. Never saw that one again. (Lost pager=VERY happy chief ^_^)

As for when riding the amb: other that the occasional pillow or blanket left on-scene, the only thing I have left so far is the c-spine bag. Last Januray. Guy fell down his stairs, c/o neck pn. C-spined and boarded him, loaded "everything" up, went to hospital and dropped him off, then while restocking, my partner noticed we were missing a c-spine bag. So we hopped back in and went out to the scene, and there was the poor bag, frozen to the ground with a half inch of snow on top of it!

Pudge40

Forum Lieutenant
I left something behind today. On the back bumper to be exact. It fell off on the way to another call after just leaving the hospital. It was the paperwork clipboard. A lady stopped and picked it up and took it to a neighboring station who returned it to us. Unfourtunatley the clip board was DOA.

cruzJD

Forum Probie
I left our portable o2 in a different areas rig one time. My driver blew the rear main seal of our transmission and got a local department to transport us to the hospital. I drove into the city when I got off and they had empted the tank but they did give it back.

I don’t know how many “ride a longs” got left at the ER because they wonder off.

I misplace a penlight at least once a week. About a year ago I switched to using my mag light and have not lost one yet.

I left our spare / old deliberator unit on a PT that we loaded on to a helicopter one time. We ran into them at the ER and they brought it to us and told us we need to update.

I checked in our drug box at the ER and forgot to check out a new one. Right after the driver started up the rig I realized that the cabinet lock was still locked to my clip board.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I left all of the bags and monitor at an MCI a few weeks back. We were fifth unit in and I had to walk in with the gear to the staging area. Put it down got distracted spotting a backing up truck (one way ingress/egress due to congestion) and then it turned out there was no one for us to treat or transport. (30 mins later) hopped back in the truck, left the scene and got back to base. Went to do something on the computer in the back and noticed right away. Had to place us out of service, contact the District Superintendent and drive back to the scene. Luckily a PRU had been left on scene just in case, until everyone had cleared out and had my stuff.

Best part was the other truck from our base booking on radio with a
"3114, on the air with a full tank of gas and all our equipment."

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant
one of our crews left a stretcher at a hospital, didn't realize it until they got another call. even one of the guys doesn't work there anymore we still joke about it.

i have recently lost my new, out-of-the-box $75 littman... i am pissed.

various O2 bottles being left behind have driven one of the owners to put signs that say "DO WE HAVE EVERYTHING" in several places on the ambulances. it looks really professional with the medical tape and coffee stains....

my dignity... not sure where i lost it... but i sure as hell don't have it anymore...

tactics

Forum Probie
keys

My partner cleaned up the rig after a particularly bad call, as I was giving my pt. report, and threw away my keys. Which had the key to the IV and drug box compartment. We didn't realize this until we were back at our station, then we had to go back and search through the ER trash in full PPE!!! All the time trying to avoid all of the biohazardous crap. Not to mention all of this was on camera at the ER nurses station and the staff was laughing at us hysterically.

Jeffrey_169

Forum Lieutenant
Yes. When I was in San Juan County one of the medics on the local paid service left their drug box at an MVC. Boy you would know the a** chewing they got. We went back (us volunteers) to try and find it, but it was never found. San Juan Regional Medical Center was not happy.

The EMT B on the truck was also our training officer on our district of volunteers, and we really did try to find it. Man she sure was not too happy about it.

There really wasnt anything "good" in it because all the narcotics were in a separate box, but they did get away with the Narcon.

tactics

Forum Probie
To add to my previous post, my keys were found in the trash next to a beautifully placed and full diaper. To add insult to injury we ran out of Purell hand sanitizer and had to bio-bag them until we got back to the station. I was to embarassed to go into the hospital to use theirs.

tactics

Forum Probie
Did you happen to get coffee mugs and keychain photos made too? Or videos of the family on the roller coaster and with the guy in the mouse suit.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
The list would be shorter if I told you what I havent forgotten.:)

pvfd62med22

Forum Probie
Umm the ILS Entry bag during a code... Handed to a FF said Put this in the truck for me... Guess I needed specify which truck.. :glare: The one that says AMBULANCE not Fire Engine...:wacko: SO yea.. we went to tube and low and behold.. there is no red bag.. thank god for the other kit in the Blue bag:rolleyes:

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I misplaced my brain somewhere today...

z_14k

Forum Ride Along
hate to admit it, but I left a slideboard behind -_- I'm pretty good about making sure I have everything, but it was just one of those days