The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello Justin and welcome.

The first tip I can give you is to not use your real name in forums, especially with you being new to this type of place. PM the MODs and change your name to something anonymous. While you probably see no need for this now, trust me it will help later.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hello my name is Justin and I am an EMT in Pennsylvania. ...."

...The first tip I can give you is to not use your real name in forums, especially with you being new to this type of place. PM the MODs and change your name to something anonymous. While you probably see no need for this now, trust me it will help later.

Actually, no need to PM us. You can do it through your control panel.

Screenshot_2.png

17clarkn

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

My name is Nick. I am a FF/EMT in PA. I am currently 18 years old and have held my EMT-B for about a year now. I started volunteering for my home fire/EMS company about two years ago. I am in college now and volunteer for the the university's fire/EMS. I also work as a paid 911 EMT for a fire company and a private EMT for a software company. Still being newer to fire and EMS and just starting my career, I'll be looking to tap into the knowledge and experiences of those who have been doing this for a while. See you around!

Nick

medicMarion

Forum Ride Along
First, welcome to EMTLife!

Reply to this thread with a brief introduction so that we can learn a little about you. We hope you stick around for a while and contribute to our community.

Thanks!
Hello everyone!
My name is Marion. I started in EMS in 97, been, and currently am, in a Volunteer FD in NW Montana off and on since 94. I became a FR, then an EMT and am now a medic.My newest goal now is to start my own EMS service. I will appreciate any and all help, advice, ideas etc anyone might want to offer up. No, i am not crazy and no, you can't talk me out of it. ;-)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I will appreciate any and all help, advice, ideas etc anyone might want to offer up. No, i am not crazy and no, you can't talk me out of it. ;-)
Do a few searches. There have been more than a few that have shown an interest in starting their own company. I don't think any have followed through.

Since this thread is for self-introductions, I recommend starting a thread in the Employment or EMS Talk sections if you come up with any questions on the topic.

Medpacks

Forum Ride Along
New here from Oklahoma. I'm recently certified NREMT-B and working toward Paramedic. It's good to make your acquaintance.

Dakota

Forum Ride Along
Good morning all,

I am Dakota, an active duty Marine in Cherry Point, NC. I am also a student at Craven Community College working on my initial certification EMT. I look forward to getting out there on the grind when I can but also bringing what I learn to the military.

Any Marines out there?

Semper Fi,
Dakota

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Good morning all,

I am Dakota, an active duty Marine in Cherry Point, NC. I am also a student at Craven Community College working on my initial certification EMT. I look forward to getting out there on the grind when I can but also bringing what I learn to the military.

Any Marines out there?

Semper Fi,
Dakota

Army National Guard here - welcome

ChewyEMS13

Forum Crew Member
Hello! I'm from California, Stanislaus/San Joaquin area. I'm 20 y/o and starting my EMT-B class on Thursday (1-25-18). Very happy that I made an account instead of just browsing like I was for the last 2 months. Glad to be a part of EMTLife!

Benjamin123

Forum Probie
Hi, I’m Ben! I currently reside in Phoenix Arizona and am in EMT-b School. This thread helped me a bunch as I was preparing for EMT School and I love reading the ems stories on these forums! I like to hunt and fish and am part of FireFighters for Christ international and am pursuing a career in Firefighting.

Eir

Forum Probie
Hi! I'm Allison. I'm currently in EMT-B school in St. Paul, MN. This is the first step in a major career change for me. I've spent the last twelve years writing software for medical devices and communications, and would like to eventually be a flight medic.

Flummox

Forum Probie
Hey, my name's Sage. I'm 17 and currently in my 3rd week as an EMT-B student in Wisconsin while concurrently working on my GED. I also volunteer at a local emergency department a few days a week. I'm going into my clinical hours soon (just applied for my training permit) so hopefully this will help me be as prepared as possible. I hope to move on to paramedic school in the fall, and the ultimate goal is med school. Glad to be here and excited to get acclimated to the forums. :)

FrostbiteMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Sooo...hello everyone. My name is Andrew, and while not necessarily new to EMTLife, it has been long enough ago that I was on here that I have completely forgotten my former username, password, and what email address I used to sign up with. I was a member here back when the totally directionless thread was less than 10 pages long...I also seem to remember changing webhosts and having to sign up a second time. Anyways, I have been in EMS since 2004 as an EMT-IV/ AEMT, and am currently in medic school (don't judge me: my director tricked me. He said he would pay if I wanted to go and like an idiot I said yes.) I thought I would join back up and say Hi and see what Kind of shenanigans I can get into......

PandaNin

Forum Probie
Hi Everyone,

Been lurking for awhile so I guess I should introduce myself. As you can see my name is PandaNin. I'm an EMT-B student in Napa, CA. I should be sitting for the NREMT in June, 2018.

I already have a full-time career and several hobbies. For me, EMT is another thing I can learn and apply to my hobbies. By day I'm a Director of IT for a mid-sized insurance services company. By night I go to EMT class. I'm not looking to join an ambulance, be a firefighter or work in a hospital.

I'm the Chief Steward for N.A.S.A. NorCal and a member of the safety team. I drive the tow truck, put out fires and help extricate injured drivers. I am also an NROI RO/CRO. If you know what that means, you know of that hobby. When not doing one of those activities I prefer to be SCUBA diving.

I look forward to interacting with everyone and learning from others.

RelevantUsername

Forum Ride Along
Hey all. Friends call me Kitty.

I am an EMT-B about to start working on my P. Eventually, I’d like to get my CCP.

I’m based in Virginia and volunteer with a 911 organization, as well as work as an EMT full-time with a private company.

I love my job, my volunteer spot and the communities that we serve. I love doing public outreach events so the community can feel better connected to us, as well as be more knowledgeable about how they can help in emergency situations.

Reactions: Eir

charliefox42

Forum Probie
Hey all! I’m John, a retired fire captain with 34 years in the saddle. Currently working (because who can really retire anymore) for a large hospital’s EMS service in Charleston SC.

Don H

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone, I'm a new EMT-B grad and I'll be starting medic school in August. I'm here to network and maybe make some new friends.

CDCRFireCAPT

Forum Ride Along
I'm Mike and a Fire Captain/EMT with the State of California Department of Corrections...been an EMT since 1992 and Firefighting since 1990. Worked for two other Fire Departments before going to CDCR.I enjoy hunting and fishing and building scale models of different aircraft. My goal is to complete my pilots license and eventually go to work as a Helicopter pilot for either a Fire agency or Air Medical like Life Flight or CAL STAR. Looking forward to seeing all the different post on here and meet others with the same interest as myself. As most of us on here I love my job and helping others in need.