The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Tx1Nguyen

Forum Probie
Howdy Y'all!, I'm TX1Nguyen, I'm from Dallas, TX. Currently an EMT-B Student. Looking at completing my program this August. I hope to learn a lot during the course of my studies and clinicals. As well as learn more from this forum!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Forced OT on my two days off... putting me on for 10 straight... out of my battalion... on an ambulance. I should be home packing for my move. I love my job, but sometimes I hate it too.

Rancid

Forum Ride Along
Hello all. I am an EMR in Arkansas. I will possibly be starting EMT class in the spring semester.

Being an EMR, I don't do much. Treat life threats, assess, take vitals, and wait for the cavalry. My scope of practice is pretty limited. I also volunteer for a non-profit where I have more of a "school nurse" role.

I am here to learn.

2TreeZ

Forum Ride Along
Hi, My name is Shaya. I'm a 17-year-old, basic student in Illinois. I'm unsure about where I plan to go once I finish my class (and graduate high school.) I happened upon this forum because of the comedy threads that pop up from time to time. For some reason, I had a hell of a time trying to verify my account and I actually wound up opening an Outlook account since the verification emails weren't getting to my Gmail. Either way, I'm here now and I look forward to being part of this community.

graciedee

Forum Ride Along
Hi, my name is Grace. I took an EMT-B course in college and was certified but didn't get to work anywhere. After two years it lapsed and I thought about taking a refresher course for a couple of years. I have just moved to Atlanta and have decided to take the refresher and try to work as an EMT. I will take any advice given to me, it has been a while since I've studied this stuff. Plus, my instructor said I was horrible at writing patient reports and I definitely will take advice on that!!

Monday

Forum Probie
Hello, I'm Monday.

Military backgr, Civ medic for 5 years, most of my work is S&R different corners of the globe.

Living in Europe so to local settings my registration gave hell of a time. Glad that got sorted.

You lot seem as a fair bunch so pleased to meet everyone. :) And I promise I read the rules so will keep my usual swearing like a sailor out.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
****ing doesn't ****ing matter because of the ****ing piece of **** ****ing filter.
They had to put that in because otherwise I'd be swearing like the sailor I was.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic
Hello, I'm Monday.

Military backgr, Civ medic for 5 years, most of my work is S&R different corners of the globe.

Living in Europe so to local settings my registration gave hell of a time. Glad that got sorted.

You lot seem as a fair bunch so pleased to meet everyone. :) And I promise I read the rules so will keep my usual swearing like a sailor out.
Just curious, what's your first language?

SpookyDoDo

Forum Ride Along
Hey hey hey,

I'm Spooky Dodo, aka Daniel. Current EMT, in school for AEMT and Paramedic at the same time. What the **** was I thinking? Also work with CISM in my area and huge supporter of the Code Green Campaign.

Quick stats: married; two kids - boy and girl; been a basic since 2014, started out on fire, just wasn't a good fit for me with all the volly kids so I switched to EMS.

Spooky is a childhood nickname, and Dodo is my name according to my daughter. Anything else, feel free to ask! Look forward to meeting some new folks.

csmjr91090

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, glad to be here.

I've been an EMT for 2 years now. I work on the industrial side, so low-speed stuff for me mostly. The plan is to go fire (like everyone else with a pulse in SoCal) and eventually paramedic school. Looking forward to learning and contributing here.