1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'EMS Lounge' started by MMiz, Nov 4, 2008.

1. CodeBru1984

CodeBru1984 EMT

Education:
    EMT
    Welcome from another SoCal EMT! Enjoy the site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocRip likes this.
  2. Weeooh

Weeooh Forum Probie

Education:
    Student
    Hey all!
    I'm taking a basic/advanced combo emt class beginning in August. This is my return to school after almost 20 years. I'll be 37 in August. Kinda excited and nervous, too. I've been saved by paramedics a couple times due to having been a reckless teen, and have a huge respect for the occupation.
    I'm excited to learn more about what to expect while I wait to begin my training!

3. ViolynEMT

ViolynEMT Forum Chiefess

Education:
    EMT
    Welcome.

Weeooh likes this.
  4. CGMedic16

CGMedic16 Forum Probie

Education:
    Paramedic
    Hey everyone,
    Name is Cassie, I'm new here. Ive been in the Coast Guard for 18 years, I'm a Chief Corpsman currently serving at the Training Center in the Bay Area CA.
    I was recently hired by AMR Contra Costa County.....as a part time Paramedic.
    Thanks for having me, and I look forward to meeting new folks in the EMS world!

ViolynEMT and Remi like this.
  5. Chimpie

Chimpie Site Administrator Community Leader

Education:
    MFR
    Welcome to EMTLIFE Cassie!

CGMedic16 likes this.
  6. Pelle831

Pelle831 Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    Hello,
    My name is Kevin, I am 27. I just received my emt license and have my orientation this Thursday. I am very excited to be following in my dads footsteps and getting started in the career I’ve pursued most of my life I already have my bachelors degree in healthcare administration and hope to become a great emt and paramedic for a while until I feel I’m ready to move to PA school. Happy to be here. Hope to learn a lot from you guys.

ViolynEMT and CGMedic16 like this.
  7. ViolynEMT

ViolynEMT Forum Chiefess

Education:
    EMT

Welcome!

8. TaxiSTAT

TaxiSTAT Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    Hey guys, I'm Justin. I'm 27 and just became an EMT-B. I will hopefully be getting my state license (Oklahoma) next week and then I can start applying. I was raised by a paramedic (mom) and an emt (dad) and though it took me a while to figure it out I share in their passion.

Seirende and ViolynEMT like this.
  9. Seirende

Seirende Forum Captain

Education:
    Paramedic
    Welcome to the site, Justin! :)

10. Salty Fox

Salty Fox Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Hey guys. My name is Cole, I'm 23 and living in the People's Republic of Connecticut. I'm finishing up m EMT class in short order and taking the psychomotor exam this upcoming Wednesday. After that I have a few more patient contact hours to fulfill, but God willing I'll be looking forward to entering the field in a couple of months.

11. Chimpie

Chimpie Site Administrator Community Leader

Education:
    MFR
    Welcome to EMTLIFE!

Medic27 and Salty Fox like this.
  12. TaxiSTAT

TaxiSTAT Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    Hey Cole, welcome! And good luck on your upcoming exams!

Salty Fox likes this.
  13. LeAnn M

LeAnn M Forum Ride Along

Education:
    Student
    Hello,
    My name is LeAnn, I am 21 years old and I live in Colorado. I have my first EMT-B class tonight! I am so excited (and admittedly a little nervous). I have always wanted to do something in the medical field, but recently decided that EMT would be a good fit.
    Thank you all for all of the advice that you post on this site!

Salty Fox, Chimpie and Medic27 like this.
  14. Medic27

Medic27 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    I'm an EMT unaffiliated with an agency in Idaho, if you need help with anything feel free to message me. Welcome to the forum.

LeAnn M likes this.
  15. Medic27

Medic27 Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    Welcome to the forum Kevin!

16. Pelle831

Pelle831 Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    Thank you!

17. nyislesfan42

nyislesfan42 Forum Crew Member

Education:
    AEMT
    Hey all, I'm Pete, currently an EMT in Houston working for the evil empire while I figure out what I want to do. I just got my NREMT AEMT and am waiting on my state cert. I am planning on going to paramedic school either here in Houston, Austin, or transferring to Vegas. Here to do some research to figure out what my best course of action will be. I think ultimately I would like to do flight medic or move on to nursing.

18. Spyder

Spyder Forum Ride Along

Hi, I'm Jason. Just completed a ride along with a local company. I am looking to enroll myself in an EMT-B program, and volunteer with the ambulance company.

LeAnn M likes this.
  19. Doomedtheory

Doomedtheory Forum Probie

Education:
    EMT
    Hello my name is Justin and I am an EMT in Pennsylvania. Wasn't quite sure where to post this and since it says, "not quite not wasn't quite sure where to post? Try here first!" I am posting here

My state allows EMTs to be 17 so at 17 I became an EMT. I am currently in an advanced EMT class now that I am 18 and older and hope to pursue paramedic class when I'm finished. Specifically I am working on the pediatric IO skill station and perfecting my Iv Technique

I'm new forums and EMTlife. So sorry if I mess up at first but I just wanted to say, "hi."

20. johnrsemt

johnrsemt Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    Hi Justin, and Welcome from Utah