The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Mark Ian

Forum Ride Along
Hey all. My name's Ian and I'm 25. Currently I have NO certifications yet (outside CPR and SABC, during my time in the military). I DO however have a huge interest into become an EMT and hope to start an EMT-B course next Spring. I've basically joined this forum to gather as much information as possible during these planning stages.. and after, of course.

My hope is to move to California (San Diego area), take my certification courses at one of the CC available, and then hopefully find employment soon after. If you happened to have some good information about San Diego (or the surrounding area) in regards to schools/certifications or future employment opportunity, then I would forever be in your debt if you could shoot me an email or direct me to an available posting.

Cheers, everyone! Thanks for helping all those who need it!

JesseM515

Forum Crew Member
Hello All

My name is Jesse, currently I am enlisted in the USAF as a JTAC but have decided to pursue a career in EMS when my enlistment is up. After I get back from Iraq (70 more days!) I am going to take the EMT-B course at Madigan Army Medical Hospital on Ft. Lewis and hopefully find some volunteer work while I try to take as many medical related college classes that I can. It is VERY hard to find the time to pursue certifications with deployments, TDYs,etc. but I am planning on using the GI Bill when I get out to finance paramedic school (my ultimate goal). I became interested in EMS after taking alot of military courses such as CPR, Basic Lifesaver, Combat Lifesaver, IV tech,etc. I applaude all of you for dedicating your time and energy to helping those in need and I hope I can find a rewarding career in this field.

Fireguy

Forum Crew Member
Hello all! I'm Nineteen and currently deployed in support of operation Iraqi Freedom as a army grunt. Ive been a volunteer firefighter for five years(started as a junior at age fourteen). I also spent two years running on a volunteer ambulance service as a "attendant" with a First responder cert. I have plans of getting my EMT-B whenever i get out of this place and run on a local volunteer service near the Fort. After my military commitment I plan on getting my EMT-P. I just have a love for the Fire and EMS service.

Maxzl

Forum Probie
Hi. I'm Max. I'm starting the EMT-B course in September. Although I'm only 16, I'd like to volunteer with my local EMS.

Privet

Forum Ride Along
Privet everyone!

I just completed my EMT-B this past spring and passed the NREMT test in the middle of July.

I'm excited to start a new job in the EMS system, and hope to have fun working and volunteering in the Big Sky state.

Thought I would make my intro here! I hope to have fun here and it seems all of you have some good information to share!

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Howdy folks. Trained two years ago as an EMT, worked about six months part-time in an ALS 911 service (Monterey County in CA under AMR), graduated last month with my bachelor's in philosophy, and will shortly be exploring greener EMS pastures in the Boston area. Here's hoping your coffee is hot, your calls interesting, and your patients well-laundered...

MrRevesz

Forum Crew Member
Hey, my name's Jon. I'm 20 years old and recently finished my EMT class along with taking the state exam. Just awaiting my results now! I volunteer on two departments until I can rack up enough experience and hopefully get a paid job. I plan on furthering my education and continuing into a paramedic program in the near future, and possibly nursing. I'm in the central jersey area, and hope to have some fun and learn a lot on this site.

k8ek8e

Forum Probie
New!

Hello everyone, I just found this site earlier tonight, and after reading and lurking for a couple of hours I've decided to join. I'm a 23-year-old mother to a soon-to-be 1st grader, a stay at home Mom, and EMT-B student.

Class is so much fun. My instructor is so knowledgeable and helpful, I love every minute of it. I look forward to every class, and look forward to being an EMT in early December.

So hello!

MichiganMedic10

Forum Probie
Hello Everyone

Just received my Emergency Medical Technician license in the state of Michigan. I was supposed to start my medic in September but it was moved back to January. I live close to the Indiana border in SW lower Michigan. I am currently employed as a private security contractor / EMT. I was previously involved in EMS straight out of high school ( 1992 ). My how things have changed. Anyway great site and I hope to contribute as much as I can.

JameyK

Forum Ride Along
As you can see my name is Jamey Im 32 and live in Illinois. I started as an emt-b in 2002. Of course i moved out of state and let my license lapse. But now Im back and taking the class over. I guess I never stopped being a medic at heart. I wondered for awhile if I had the right personality for the job so I put off getting my license again. But i gotta say everytimne i see a rig or hear the sirens i get that feeling and wonder why Im not on it. Of course you all know what Im talking about. i plan on going all the way with it this time. And now have an opportunity to test for FD next august. I really think its my true calling. Anyway, anything ya wanna know just ask. Feel free to message me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pataytay

Forum Ride Along
As you can see my name is Jamey Im 32 and live in Illinois. I started as an emt-b in 2002. Of course i moved out of state and let my license lapse. But now Im back and taking the class over. I guess I never stopped being a medic at heart. I wondered for awhile if I had the right personality for the job so I put off getting my license again. But i gotta say everytimne i see a rig or hear the sirens i get that feeling and wonder why Im not on it. Of course you all know what Im talking about. i plan on going all the way with it this time. And now have an opportunity to test for FD next august. I really think its my true calling. Anyway, anything ya wanna know just ask. Feel free to message me.

Hi Jamey. I am new to the board. I am in the process of researching different schools to take the EMT-B. I live in the city (Chicago) and was wondering where you are taking your class?

I have narrowed it down to 3 places....

Hi to everyone else!!! Nooby here ;) My name is Pati and as you can see I am just starting to venture into this (at a young age of 34 ;) ) ....

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
my acutal introduction

I realized poking around today that i never made a formal introduction in the forum. I'm Dan, 21 and have unfortunately not passed my EMT-B class twice now. i start again on the 16th of august with some other people who haven't passed and will pass this time. i teach martial arts, Specifically Shaolin Kempo. I'll use the EMT training at work and while i go to College to get my degree in Athletic Training. Athletic training is similar to EMS only i'm working with athletes and we do the rehab and some of the emergency stuff when needed. What happened to chat? i periodically pop in and out.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
My names Tom and am currently a volunteer firefighter and recently just got back into EMS (legally and officially that is) after 7 years or so of not being an EMT. I keep the lights on as LPN and as a soldier in the Army Guard.

Worked previously as a full time EMT in Massachusetts. As for the future, plan on getting my EMT-CC on my departments dime and finishing my RN on Uncle Sams dime.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
My names Tom and am currently a volunteer firefighter and recently just got back into EMS (legally and officially that is) after 7 years or so of not being an EMT. I keep the lights on as LPN and as a soldier in the Army Guard.

Worked previously as a full time EMT in Massachusetts. As for the future, plan on getting my EMT-CC on my departments dime and finishing my RN on Uncle Sams dime.

Welcome to EMTLife! Thanks for your service.

JameyK

Forum Ride Along
Hi Jamey. I am new to the board. I am in the process of researching different schools to take the EMT-B. I live in the city (Chicago) and was wondering where you are taking your class?

Well Im about 2 hours south west of you. Im not sure if I would do you any good. Its through the ems system here. But i know our community college offers a course. Black Hawk College

LauraK

Forum Ride Along
I am 46 years old and will finish my EMT-B course on Aug 15 with testing for State Certification on Aug 27, 28, and 29. Right now I'm living in Philadelphia, but am originally from South Carolina. Years ago (many, many years ago) I volunteered with a Rescue Squad near Myrtle Beach. Since then I've been taking care of my kids. A recent life change left me wanting/needing work to do and I remembered how much I enjoyed being with the Rescue Squad, so here I am.

Patrick.W.Steele

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone. I'm a fellow EMT-I working for the town in Manhattan Kansas, home of Kansas State University. I'm currently employed with the county EMS service and with the local hospital as an E.R Tech.

Right now I just got accepted into a BSN program "yeah...yeah I know..traitor ;)" but once I've completed my bachelors I plan on getting my certification as a Paramedic.

I'm also employed with the Kansas National Guard as well, so I like to keep myself busy. Looking forward to being a productive member of the forums!

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
My apologies

I didn't notice the introduction thread.

Well, there to start? I'm 19, soon heading off to a skills center, and hopefully later on, become an Army Medic. I plan to pursue my NREMT-B, and later NREMT-P.

I love to workout (lift weights quite a bit. and some cardio) and just have fun. Boxing is funner than heck to me.

I'm very intellectual, and very-much into studying, and learning new things. I try and get a hold of as many EMS reading materials as I can.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

OH, and if anyone has any good info on any SAR stuff in central Washington, do let me know :)

Danny 89

Forum Ride Along
Hello everybody.

Hi, my name is Danny, I am 19 years old and I live in Moreno Valley, California. Finished the EMT-B course early 2009 and loved it all:) Love the environment. I just passed the NREMT and am looking forward to getting a job at a hospital or with a ambulance company. I am also a college student, and I hope to become a doctor in the future. Any advice would be greatB) This is a great site:)

AmandaMFR

Forum Ride Along
I'm new

Not a student or any level of EMT, couple years back took a college coarse called Emergency Assessment and Intervention. Was certified as Medical First Responder, need to get re certified, or considering doing EMT basic Course. Thinking of Career change , would like to work in Emergency room setting but no way can I be a RN ,too old,too much cost, and not even brain for Chemistry!!!!