The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Skyelark

Forum Ride Along
Howdy.

I'm Tori, 20 years old, and born in raised in Houston, Texas. Too bad now I live in the middle of nowhere in Missouri. Whoo!

I am the daughter of a man who for 22 years was a paramedic in the Houston area, and he did it all from a wheelchair.

I have decided to follow in my father's figurative footsteps, and am looking into enrolling in EMT-B classes as soon as I can find a place around here that offers them. It's annoying, but what can you do?

So, yeah. Hi there.

buscommando

Forum Probie
So I gotta have ten posts before I can chat and whatever else... this seems like a good enough place to start.

I started looking into the EMS field after a couple firefighter friends told me it might be something I could do well. I said 'what the hell' and just finished first responder training (today, in fact) and EMT-B training starts on January 5th. I'm looking forward to it.

I don't have any real desire to get into firefighting, I'll let the combat people do what combat people do. I'd love to have transferable skills and travel, I'm seriously considering applying for peace corps after I get some experience, provided I decide against the paramedic track.

I'm a college graduate, but there's not a whole lot I can do with an English degree that I would enjoy doing. I'm a full time wage slave currently in a popular convenience store chain in the south, but thankfully they have a tuition reimbursement program - work will be paying for my first responder and EMT training.

joncrocker

Forum Ride Along
hello my name is jonathan. im just finished emt school and passed my state practical(tennessee) and will be takin my national registry on tuesday. since tennessee has a wierd standard if i pass i will be what they call an EMT-IV which is basically an Emt b that can administer some meds and start ivs

John707

Forum Probie
hey everyone my name is John I'm 23 and just starting out in my EMS life. I have just passed my provincial exam for Alberta and now looking for work as an EMR which is equivalent to EMT-B and that's basically it.

Katherine

Forum Ride Along
Hi! Great forum. I'm Katie, 19, born in CT.
I passed my EMT-B last spring and am thinking about taking EMT-I next year. I'm going through the common argument in my head: whether to stay an EMT-B and get valuable experience, or go on and get advanced training sooner.

While taking college classes majoring in nursing I am working as an EMT-B for a local service.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello,
I'm TJ in San Diego and am just 18, a youngin! I'm starting my EMT-B training in January.

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Hello!

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Sarah and I will be starting EMT-B school on January 27, 2008. My goal is to go onto EMT-P and obtain my NREMT-P certification.

I am INCREDIBLY excited to begin my EMS career. I have always wanted to do something that makes a difference in peoples lives and that provides variety, and I am a little (okay more than a little LOL) bit of an adrenaline junkie, so EMS seems to be a wonderful fit for me.

If anybody has any advice for me I am ALL ears (well eyes since we are on the internet LOL).

I look forward to chatting with you all in the coming months! :eek:)

Ezralite

Forum Ride Along
Morning, everyone. My name's Morgan, and I'm 19. I just passed my EMT-B course, and I'll be taking the NREMT exam shortly. I'm hoping to work part-time as an EMT (and possibly Medic later on) while I work my way through college towards an M.D.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Laur68EMT

Forum Crew Member
Guess it's my turn. :p

I'm from upstate NY - Adirondack region. I'm an EMT-B at this point but will continue on with my education. I'm 40. My husband, Mike and I have 2 kids - 19 and 12.

I'm looking forward to all the information here. Looks like a wonderful site.

be_THE_B

Forum Ride Along
My turn

I'm Carolanne,

I'm from upstate NY as well. I am currently in an EMT-B class and plan to continue. I'm 19 years old and am looking forward to reading all of the info on here!

emtwacker710

Forum Captain
Hi

Hi there, Ive been on this site for over a year, I love it so far, I forgot to do this thread when I first joined. I am an active Interior Firefighter and EMT-Basic with my fire company and a driver and EMT-Basic with my emergency squad. I am a paid EMT with a Six Flags park and soon to be on the daytime paid staff at my squad. I plan on doing this stuf for a while. If you wanna talk message me!

James

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Nice to meet everyone!

Nice to meet everyone!

hazyvision

Forum Ride Along
Hi!

Hey I'm from Los Angeles, my name is Freddie and I just passed the emt-b class.I'm 23 and excited to start my career in health care.Nice to meet everyone here

frogtat2

Forum Crew Member
Howdy!

Hi everyone. My name is Christie and I'm from a small town in northern Wyoming. I run on a hospital based ambulance service where I am an EMT-I and a crew chief. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Be safe!

AusMed

Forum Crew Member
G'day to all from the Land Down Under. I'm currently working as a Trainee Paramedic (first year on road) with the Ambulance Service of New South Wales (in Australia). We are a State government run service, providing both emergency and non-emergency transport.
I am really enjoying it out on road and have learnt lots in the very short time I have been working.
Looking forward to reading through the forum and learning even more.

Cheers,
AusMed.

P.S. Link to my service website ASNSW

Lin57EMT

Forum Probie
New member intro

Hello - My name is Linda and I'm in Upstate NY, Adirondack Mts. I am a member of our local squad, all volunteer, no bill. I'm a Level 3, which in New York is the Critical Care level.

Looks like a nice site, and I hope to enjoy my visits.

Lin57EMT

Forum Probie
Family Affair

Guess there's an epidemic of joining this site. Laur68EMT is my sister, which makes b THE B my neice.

Also, I think I proctored emtWacker710 for his practicals. Good to see he passed (tip of the hat and nod to James).

May have to think up an alter-ego screenname now, so I can go incognito when necessary.