CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
For me, the p365 compared to my Glock 43, the sig blew the glock out of the water. People (myself included) typically shoot full size guns like the glock 17 better than subcompact guns. My comment was that I can shoot my p365 as good as (if not better) than my g17, even at tempo..
I definitely can't say that I shoot my P356 or P365XL quite as well as my G17, but the difference is way less than with any other subcompact that I've ever shot.

As an aside, I often chuckle at the fact that it was only a few years ago that folks commonly referred to the G26 as a "subcompact" and the G19 as a "compact" when now we have options like the P365XL and Hellcat that both have higher round capacity and are way more concealable. Carrying a G26 concealed is like tucking a brick into your waistband compared the new breed of CCW guns.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I definitely can't say that I shoot my P356 or P365XL quite as well as my G17, but the difference is way less than with any other subcompact that I've ever shot.

As an aside, I often chuckle at the fact that it was only a few years ago that folks commonly referred to the G26 as a "subcompact" and the G19 as a "compact" when now we have options like the P365XL and Hellcat that both have higher round capacity and are way more concealable. Carrying a G26 concealed is like tucking a brick into your waistband compared the new breed of CCW guns.
I can’t say why I won’t sell my Glock 26, but it’s definitely completely unloaded and in my safe at the moment.

I suppose in the apocalypse it’ll be nice to have my Glock 17, 19, and 26 on me and all able to take the same mag, right? Lol

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I can’t say why I won’t sell my Glock 26, but it’s definitely completely unloaded and in my safe at the moment.

I suppose in the apocalypse it’ll be nice to have my Glock 17, 19, and 26 on me and all able to take the same mag, right? Lol
I used to think like that but over time I've changed my views somewhat. It started with the realization that in any shtf/wrol scenario, my goal won't be to have stand up gunfights. Instead it will be to break contact and evade as quickly as possible. So Instead of going with carrying massive amounts of ammo, I chose to carry a more effective and versatile caliber on a reliable and proven frame. Now my focus is on becoming as proficient as I can with that combo.

CALEMT

I used to think like that but over time I've changed my views somewhat. It started with the realization that in any shtf/wrol scenario, my goal won't be to have stand up gunfights. Instead it will be to break contact and evade as quickly as possible. So Instead of going with carrying massive amounts of ammo, I chose to carry a more effective and versatile caliber on a reliable and proven frame. Now my focus is on becoming as proficient as I can with that combo.

I have a P220 in the Lords caliber (45) and I'm coming to the realization that 8 rounds isn't munch in a gunfight which means I have to carry more mags and 45 is a little on the heavy side.

Looking for a full size 9mm. Can carry more ammo in 2 mags than what I currently have total on my rig.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I have a P220 in the Lords caliber (45) and I'm coming to the realization that 8 rounds isn't munch in a gunfight which means I have to carry more mags and 45 is a little on the heavy side.

Looking for a full size 9mm. Can carry more ammo in 2 mags than what I currently have total on my rig.
I EDC a Springfield Range Officer Elite in 10mm with 8rd mag loaded and two 10rd mags for reload. While heavy, the weight definitely helps with the recoil and I can use the 10mm for hunting medium to large game or penetrating barriers.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Para Ordanance went under awhile back, but I think Remington bought their rights. Para made a .45 in a commander size package that carried 12 rounds of .45. The also made a P-14, which was full size 1911 but had a mag capacity of 14 and one in the chamber. Mags are hard to come by now. But, P-12 mags can be found for a decent price. Single action pieces with a manual safety.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Heckler and Kock makes fine pistols too. Had a USP-1 years back that was my work gun especially for search warrants. 13 round capacity (If I remember) in .45. Best pistol I ever had, but it was heavy and not easily concealed. Had both single action and double action capability. They're available in 9mm now, I think.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Anyone carry Fort Scott TUI ammo? Recently got some and the penetration tests I've seen so far have been pretty impressive.

HardKnocks

Forum Lieutenant
I've broken, (i.e. to catastrophic failure) several Semiautos over the years with the exception of two, (barring magazines wearing out);

1) Sig P220 Gen1 .45, (the feedramp fractured after >12K rounds but was fully functional);

2) Glock 19 Gen 1-3s 9mm-40cal. (I have a G19 Gen 1 with over 20K rounds through it and has never failed me).

I currently carry a 40 cal either full size G22 or G23 compact, (but I prefer the G23).

(I wasn't here for the OP and thought I'd pitch my 3-Cents in).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Anyone carry Fort Scott TUI ammo? Recently got some and the penetration tests I've seen so far have been pretty impressive.
Never heard of it until just now. Looks pretty interesting. Some of my favorite YT browsing involves penetration testing of hard cast 10mm ammo.

I am a big fan of 10mm. I have a G20 and the next addition to my collection will be the new Sig P320 XTEN. And some day I'll have a Colt Delta Elite.

Can't see myself ever using a 10mm as my EDC, though. Maybe in the winter when I can wear a jacket over a OWB holster.

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Just got a retirement gig as a range master. Lots of opportunities to shoot stuff. Just fired a keltec P17. Nice little semiautomatic, .22, 15 round mag. Reminds me of the Walther P22. I was ringing steel at 50 yds with it ( latest thing after that mall takedown). A little finicky with the ammo, but its a Keltec. Some Polishing with a Dremel tool needed. Laugh at the . 22 but from my years on the box it seems the worst outcomes were from . 22s. You know, goes in, rattles around like Pacman until you're dead.

CALEMT

Gun show is coming into town this weekend. Hopefully my wallet survives.

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Gun show is coming into town this weekend. Hopefully my wallet survives.
Around these parts gun shows are pretty much the worst place to buy anything. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a really good deal at one and in many cases at least over the past few years, prices are considerably higher than in a store. And that’s after paying $15 just to walk in the door. I pretty much stopped going to them altogether. Hopefully you find much better deals than what I have.

CALEMT

Around these parts gun shows are pretty much the worst place to buy anything. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a really good deal at one and in many cases at least over the past few years, prices are considerably higher than in a store. And that’s after paying $15 just to walk in the door. I pretty much stopped going to them altogether. Hopefully you find much better deals than what I have.

Ammo is usually worth going to gun shows. I can typically get it about 10 cents a round cheaper than stores.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
My EDC is usually a Glock 23 or Glock 27.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
You might get a little of the price of the weapon if ya wait until the last day of the show and the last couple of hours. They really don't want to load all that stuff back up and to the store.