the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Just a reminder for everyone...politically sensitive topics generally don't end well because people let their emotions get the best of them.

This is an EMS focused forum, and as such please try to keep the discussions pertaining to these emotionally charged geopolitical discussions focused on that aspect.

So far the line hasn't been crossed, so let's keep it that way please.

politics-madness.gif

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Details man!
Two people who were mid level seniority and one person who was actually newer than me complained relentlessly about their schedules until management decided to implement a shift bid. Now, their train of thought was all but those three would keep the same schedule and basically force the complainers into a schedule that they'd hate just as much. Well when they rolled out the bid, there were shifts blocked off where they couldn't be selected even though they were open. Most people were angry with the shifts they got because they were happy where they were at. Now fast forward a couple days and tensions have cooled, but it was still messed up.

To add insult to injury, me and my partner actually liked our shift rotation, where it was Monday Wednesday one week, Thursday Saturday the next, and so on and so forth. It was regarded by most as the worst schedule to get (we LOVED it though), and the people who got it strongly dislike that particular schedule.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Citrus flavored Ghost. That’s that crack rock.

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
I wish deer gun season would close so I can set up my duck decoys on my Mom's pond and shoot and eat some delicious birdies

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Our EMS chief has so been ineffective that the Fire Chief is eliminating the position entirely. EMS is now a “responsibility” of the non paramedic training chief. Our EMS coordinator and educator will work for him and that’s it.

We’re making a great example of why everyone thinks Fire based EMS is stupid. With our budget we could be running a very cool EMS agency.

Can’t leave the pay and benefits of fire in this state but starting to think there might be some FDs with a better sprinkler system for their grass.

CALEMT

Our EMS chief has so been ineffective that the Fire Chief is eliminating the position entirely. EMS is now a “responsibility” of the non paramedic training chief. Our EMS coordinator and educator will work for him and that’s it.

We’re making a great example of why everyone thinks Fire based EMS is stupid. With our budget we could be running a very cool EMS agency.

Can’t leave the pay and benefits of fire in this state but starting to think there might be some FDs with a better sprinkler system for their grass.

I'd like to think that we have a decent system for a fire based system.

Why not put the responsibility on a EMS coordinator or a shared responsibility between coordinators?

hoorain

Forum Ride Along
Aww dang, the boat we had a family snorkeling tour planned for for today broke down. We did manage to snag the last two tickets of another snorkel tour in town, but 2 instead of 3, so me and my sister will do that tomorrow, Mom will join Dad at the resort with the lazy river haha
That was so unfortunate, I have faced a similar situation on my Oahu trip but luckily some how they provided us alternative

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'd like to think that we have a decent system for a fire based system.

Why not put the responsibility on a EMS coordinator or a shared responsibility between coordinators?
It is now, but the coordinators don’t have any rank. To me it’s important we have a chief officer who actually knows how to run an ambulance service and can make timely, command decisions. The coordinators do not have that authority, nor should they really. We used to have single role medics but are phasing them out, so the EMS educator and coordinator are just two of them that didn’t want to do fire stuff. I have no problems with them coming off the line, but I would have an issue with them in a command role with no promotional process.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
It is now, but the coordinators don’t have any rank. To me it’s important we have a chief officer who actually knows how to run an ambulance service and can make timely, command decisions. The coordinators do not have that authority, nor should they really. We used to have single role medics but are phasing them out, so the EMS educator and coordinator are just two of them that didn’t want to do fire stuff. I have no problems with them coming off the line, but I would have an issue with them in a command role with no promotional process.
Yes. There HAS to be a Command Structure for all the reasons you brought up.

CALEMT

Short term solutions to long term problems.

hoorain

Forum Ride Along
Aww dang, the boat we had a family snorkeling tour planned for for today broke down. We did manage to snag the last two tickets of another snorkel tour in town, but 2 instead of 3, so me and my sister will do that tomorrow, Mom will join Dad at the resort with the lazy river haha
Btw How much did the new snorkel tour cost to you?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Btw How much did the new snorkel tour cost to you?
Oh, um, well that was, what, 2 1/2 years ago now? I don't remember lol

But in somewhat related news, my folks are flying out this week to visit, and we're going on a local circle islands cruise (much needed vacation time haha) and yeah, that's been a bit.... pricey...

M3dicalR3dn3ck

Idolizes Johnny and Roy
Today is lots of, "fun" I guess is what we'll call it, for me. I get to go to the bank and request a new card because mine was hacked, hopefully get my money back in a timely manner, and hopefully get my new debit card in a timely manner. Next, I get to go to the AT&T store to get a new phone and hope that it's painless and simple vs anger and hatred inducing. After that I have to take two of the stepkids to the doctor, and going through Sapulpa and Sand Springs are just as bad as driving through Tulsa. Then to Broken Arrow and deal with yet more Tulsa traffic…I wish I was on shift just so I can avoid home responsibilities 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Our four and a half year old has made it his personal crusade to fix any, and all Christmas inflatables that are not standing upright in our neighborhood. Obsessed is an understatement to describe his Christmas zeal…

In less important news, finished my first semester of undergrad work. Sure hope it flies by. Learnding is hard.

In even less important news, Shohei will damn near be a billionaire in LA. Cringing at an already ludicrous price jump in season tickets. Might be sticking to the MiLB.

Last edited:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just went on a weeklong cruise with the family. Lots of fun. But also thought I wasn't doing too bad eating too much wise, even hit the ships gym a few times, plus plenty walking during shore excursions etc... get back home and my scale is like "plus 10 lbs" 😶 lol